Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Neo-nazi movement in Russia
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.17.2008, 03:21 PM   #21
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Exactly.

One can avoid adhering to any particular polical ideology and still say things that are racist, be capable of actions that are racist etc.

Say, someone like Sting battling against the destruction of the amazonic forest is an unconscious racist stance, in that he's using a personal cause that he has at heart without thinking of what the consequences of what he has in mind would have in the area, with locals becoming jobless as a result. He obviously doesn't mean it to be a racist thing, yet his propaganda is potentially racist.

Brilliant, yes. The impossibility of a totalising narrative, and the necessity of a more inclusive, and vague, one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:21 PM   #22
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Also, Sting is clearly racially motivated. Otherwise he wouldn't be a cunt, innit?

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 06.17.2008, 03:22 PM   #23
sarramkrop

The Bible is considered to be a political book by the communists, so that's not a far-fetched idea at all.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:22 PM   #24
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
sad.
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:24 PM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
racist means just one thing. thinking/believing one race inherently superior just by virtue of being of said race, or vice versa, holding someone or some people as inherently lesser just by virtue of being born a certain race.

anything else is other forms of ignorance, from jingoism, sexism, etc.

since the masses only hear the lowest common denominator there are a lot of people in the USA who believe that a racist is solely and always someone who puts down african-americans, they cannot think a black man could be racist, because they have the wrong idea of what it means to be racist.

and everyone is a dumb ass.
Old 06.17.2008, 03:26 PM   #26
sarramkrop

I am a communist who happens to think that the nazis and the fascists introduced some good things to the world. Am I racist? Am I fuck.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:29 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Nope, you would be a relativist, because you understand that total evil or total good is a very rare ideal, and not truly descriptive of the world around us.
Old 06.17.2008, 03:30 PM   #28
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
racist means just one thing. thinking/believing one race inherently superior just by virtue of being of said race, or vice versa, holding someone or some people as inherently lesser just by virtue of being born a certain race.

anything else is other forms of ignorance, from jingoism, sexism, etc.

since the masses only hear the lowest common denominator there are a lot of people in the USA who believe that a racist is solely and always someone who puts down african-americans, they cannot think a black man could be racist, because they have the wrong idea of what it means to be racist.

and everyone is a dumb ass.

THEY THEY THEY THEY THEY THEY THEY

You're not outside of society.

Quote:
Old 06.17.2008, 03:32 PM   #29
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I am a communist who happens to think that the nazis and the fascists introduced some good things to the world. Am I racist? Am I fuck.

Are we talking of Italian fascism (ie the Original one)? If so, I'm inclined to agree, up until the point that Mussolini turned into a racist arse....

..then again, didn't Benito M arrange an invasion of Abbysinya (i.e modern day Ethiopia) BEFORE he turned into a etc etc? Hmm...I need to do my homework more often on this stuff.

As an aside, I find it dead interesting how so many Italian Futurists had a prediliction towards an idealogy of Italian fascism (the re-statement of the Mezzogiorno, and so forth)...I like Marinetti's ideas in general, but can;t help but think that he was very much out of his depth when it came to politics...
Old 06.17.2008, 03:33 PM   #30
sarramkrop

Quote:
Nope, you would be a relativist, because you understand that total evil or total good is a very rare ideal, and not truly descriptive of the world around us.
The communism that I have in mind I am dead sure wouldn't happen without some form cruelty for the sake of everybody's good. You have to be realistic about these sort of things.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:34 PM   #31
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

the italisn futirists did NOT have a predilection for fascism.

They were a prime INFLUENCE in the development of the idea of fascism, meaning rule by the elite.

not the same thing.
Old 06.17.2008, 03:35 PM   #32
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:

They were a prime INFLUENCE in the development of the idea of fascism, meaning rule by the elite.

'Rule by the elite' would apply to mercantilism, feudalism, Platonism, Confucianism, Arcadianism (by many accounts) and most other systems of governance. Try again.

Quote:
Old 06.17.2008, 03:38 PM   #33
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Are we talking of Italian fascism (ie the Original one)? If so, I'm inclined to agree, up until the point that Mussolini turned into a racist arse....

..then again, didn't Benito M arrange an invasion of Abbysinya (i.e modern day Ethiopia) BEFORE he turned into a etc etc? Hmm...I need to do my homework more often on this stuff.

As an aside, I find it dead interesting how so many Italian Futurists had a prediliction towards an idealogy of Italian fascism (the re-statement of the Mezzogiorno, and so forth)...I like Marinetti's ideas in general, but can;t help but think that he was very much out of his depth when it came to politics...

I am thinking about the introduction of certain social structures that came about in Italy with the Fascists, like the pensions scheme , which didn't exist before. I abhor the ideals and the partial racism that is inherent to both the fascists and the nazis, and the consequent atrocities that happened in their wake, but I can still recognise the little good that they did for the working classes' sake.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:40 PM   #34
sarramkrop

Quote:

not the same thing.
Erm, there's futurism and opportunistic futurism, if you get what i mean.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:44 PM   #35
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
sarram - It's interesting to note that Benito M was a fully blown socialst in his journalist days...also too that he aligned himself to a "Roman" idea of the "fasces" concept - very different to the Prussian "Blut und Boden" ideals of the post-WWI German nationalists. Also too, forget not that the English political class at that time was also very national, racist, and anti-Semitic as a whole....as a counterpoint to that, wasn't it Gladstone who was nominally Jewish?
Old 06.17.2008, 03:46 PM   #36
sarramkrop

When I say working classes I hope that the internationalism that I atrribute to that term comes across. The term ''Working Classes'' has often a very ambiguous meaning to certain people. The working classes, that most struggling of social entities, are also capable of producing the sort of people that slavo has started a thread for, so any romanticism that is attributed to them is only that: romanticism.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:48 PM   #37
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

Quote:

not the same thing.

Good call - they were certainly very nationalist, but didn't invent fascism, as it were. From my (very limited) understanding of Italian politics post-World War One, the two strands became mixed up/conflated after a short period of time, which makes an interesting comparison to German nationalism/fascism. ..and of course, there was a certain parallel thing going on in England at that point in time, too...
Old 06.17.2008, 03:49 PM   #38
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
sarram - It's interesting to note that Benito M was a fully blown socialst in his journalist days...also too that he aligned himself to a "Roman" idea of the "fasces" concept - very different to the Prussian "Blut und Boden" ideals of the post-WWI German nationalists. Also too, forget not that the English political class at that time was also very national, racist, and anti-Semitic as a whole....as a counterpoint to that, wasn't it Gladstone who was nominally Jewish?

Slavery. I find that it's more than a bit cheeky of the English to blame everyone for atrocities when they too had a hand at mass slavery and consequent mass graves. Just because it doesn't come in numbers it doesn't mean that it wasn't a numerous death toll.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.17.2008, 03:53 PM   #39
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

^^^Oh aye, we fucked up a huge part of the world thanks to our actions. Thank Christ for the Jamaicams for basically booting the English out in the 1870's.

EDIT: Evidently, I can't spell "Jamaicans"....
Old 06.17.2008, 09:50 PM   #40
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
I came across this documentary movie today and, after watching it, I can honestly say it's one of the most dreadful things I've ever seen. It's even worse when you realize that behavior like that (open fascist propaganda included raised right hand greetings, denial of holocaust, etc erc) is silently tolerated, even with a discreet approval of the government.

http://current.com/items/84906361_from_russia_with_hate

In moments like that I'm pretty happy to live in a country like I do.

I don't understand when Neo Nazis deny the holocaust because why would they when it's something they would want to happen.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth