Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Are you prejudiced/racist*?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Poll
Yes 5 17.86%
No 17 60.71%
Mixed feelings 5 17.86%
Other 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06.24.2008, 10:12 AM   #21
lucyrulesok
100%

lucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asseslucyrulesok kicks all y'all's asses
Hhh
Old 06.24.2008, 10:13 AM   #22
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
^^ nice! finally someone honest

--

and by honest i mean aware. which is where everything starts.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 11:04 AM   #23
This Is Not Here
invito al cielo

This Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's assesThis Is Not Here kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally.

~~Record of the moment~~
This Is Not Here is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 11:11 AM   #24
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not a wet liberal - some of my best friends are white neo-nazis - but sometimes I wake up and think 'you know, sometimes the Guardian might not be all bad'.

Please don't hate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 11:13 AM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
die, whitie, die--
Old 06.24.2008, 11:13 AM   #26
evollove
invito al cielo

evollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's assesevollove kicks all y'all's asses
I'm prejudiced against prejudice.

I've dropped freinds for making racist comments.

"I know. I'm a bigot. But for the left."- Woody Allen
evollove is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 11:14 AM   #27
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
I'm not racist. I hate everyone equally.

Thanks Nick Nolte.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 11:16 AM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Old 06.24.2008, 11:20 AM   #29
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Actually, I was going to start a similar-ish thread today. I'll tell the story:

I've been chatting to a chappy in work. He doesn't agree with immigration, and he doesn't think second (or more)-generation immigrants are a good thing, or that they 'belong' to the nation of England. He doesn't agree with the BNP politically. I've said to him 'you realise that this is a bit irrational?' and he said 'yes, but most of politics is'.

Which is a salient point. Now, the thing is, that he's a perfectly decent chap, and he very consciously separates his social life from his political beliefs. He doesn't actively dislike anyone on the basis of their (so-called) race. If you met him you probably wouldn't notice. He's entirely gregarious to everyone, except for the odd person, but that's usually because they're universally accepted as cocks.

Furthermore, he's not appealing to any sense of 'Albion'. He's very well-versed in the history of Britain, the contribution of 'foreign' people, the economic necessity of many 'immigrants', the porousness of British language, culture and economy. He's a fairly bright chap.

I find him quite interesting because, so far as I've made out so far, he's not even racist - he's just a judgemental nationalist who's aware of being slightly convoluted. It wouldn't surprised me to see him, calmly and rationally, explaining his views to anyone. He knows about my heritage, and has calmly explained that 'this is what I think, politically - it's not a 'I hate you' or 'all foreigners out NOW!' radical statement'.

I've decided that he's not a racist, in spite of the fact that he doesn't think 'foreigners' should be here. I have a certain admiration for him, although I disagree with his political opinions (/beliefs).

I've probably missed out some bits here, but an interesting chap, no?

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 06.24.2008, 11:24 AM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

no. just cos he's not as stupid as the average person doesn't make him interesting.

did you watch him piss?
Old 06.24.2008, 11:30 AM   #31
sarramkrop

Has anyone ever met someone who is vocally very racist and yet they fall in love with asians and blacks? There is a guy that sometimes drink at my local, he's always going on about how he hates the asians and the blacks, how he thinks they stink are lazy, still every time I see him he is flirting with guys from an ethnic minority. Go figure.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 11:32 AM   #32
sarramkrop

Also, there's racist and racist. Some are very selective with the ethnic minorities that they vent their racism to.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 11:32 AM   #33
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no. just cos he's not as stupid as the average person doesn't make him interesting.

did you watch him piss?

His ability to collect and retain information is superlative; what he does with that is relatively benign, to my mind.

He has got quite a small willy though.

Quote:
Old 06.24.2008, 11:35 AM   #34
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Also, there's racist and racist. Some are very selective with the ethnic minorities that they vent their racism to.

We've talked about this previously, right? Unfortunately, there's a difference between the almost-phantasmagorical white skinhead kicking the shit out of [insert slur]s and the general undercurrent of assumptions, stereotypes and mis-apprehensions which exist in spectras of no immediately-discernible precedence.

Quote:
Old 06.24.2008, 11:37 AM   #35
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I think that glice just admitted that he was black. Suddenly, I find myself liking him more.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 11:54 AM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I think that glice just admitted that he was black. Suddenly, I find myself liking him more.

It's one of the reasons I haven't posted pictures of myself - I like the ambiguity that I have no visual identity here, 'Glice' is largely created by his own words, which are also mine.

Quote:
Old 06.24.2008, 11:56 AM   #37
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
it was the stereotypical giant penis that gave it away.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.24.2008, 12:52 PM   #38
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, I am prejudice about gay people. I know this makes no sense. However, they kind of scared me. I accept my-self as a queer, but sometimes I think wow all gay guys are extremely weird and arrogant. That mentality turns me off a bit. I also kept myself afar from the whole culture for such a long time, and really hanged out with hetero's that their mentality rubbed on me. However, now that I hang out more in WEHO I am getting comfortable with gay people in general, and use less derogatory insults.
Old 06.24.2008, 12:55 PM   #39
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i am absolutely not racist.

however i am prejudiced towards certain groups of people that has nothing to do with race. sheepfuckers.
Old 06.24.2008, 01:05 PM   #40
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think I'm racist, though it could be argued.

I think that there are general differences between races, some good and some bad, but it has nothing to do with skin color. It's all about culture and the situation in which you're raised. Hispanics tend to get a "lazy" stereotype, which is based on the truth that they would rather spend time with their family than be on time for work, due to the culture. Black families in America were still very recently oppressed, and because of this there is still a pretty unified culture; even those who have worked their way to the top generally have the same cultural background, and that can perpetuate stereotypes. Why wouldn't you take after your parents if you look up to them? Every individual is different, and many completely defy stereotypes, but I'm certain I fit into a ton of "white" and even "Jewish" stereotypes simply because I was raised in those cultures.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth