Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page how do you like your coffee ? tea?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.16.2008, 07:38 AM   #21
al shabbray

the thing gets interesting when I remembered a smell of some instant tea I drinked like a baby day in day out. I would LOVE to drink something of it again. the company still exists, and the smell and the taste reminds me of that tea. but it seems they changed something in it. because there is definately something missing. I wonder how strong such memories can be
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2008, 07:39 AM   #22
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
yeah i know, the iron level in my blood was so low it was hardly detectable. i'm off al tea now, and on iron supplements, its a lot better already, also because im watching my food a bit more.

on a side note: who likes hot chocolate? i discovered an amazing place here where you can get all kinds of fresh hot chocolate: just warm milk with chocolate, fondant, regular or white, with praliné, honey, whipped cream, cinnamon,... anything you'd want. one glass of the stuff is enough to make me feel like ive had a whole meal, but it's amazing.

that sounds so delicious..

but I'm allergic to chocolate. well.. I think it is a nickel allergy in reality, but this includes chocolate.

There is a little chocolate shop just around the corner from me who sell hot chocolate from a little carousel in the mornings, it is the consistency of thickened cream, and INCREDIBLE. I only get small ones though, otherwise I feel ill and break out in skin rashes or whatnot.
Old 10.16.2008, 07:39 AM   #23
al shabbray

Quote:
Originally Posted by akprodr
I wonder if this is the case for other people:

I only started drinking Earl Grey after watching Star Trek Next Generation "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot"

I wanted to drink my coffee black after ive watched twin peaks. unfortunately I cant stand it.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2008, 07:40 AM   #24
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by al shabbray
the thing gets interesting when I remembered a smell of some instant tea I drinked like a baby day in day out. I would LOVE to drink something of it again. the company still exists, and the smell and the taste reminds me of that tea. but it seems they changed something in it. because there is definately something missing. I wonder how strong such memories can be

It's so strange! Your mind knows that it can relate to the memory, but still that it isnt quite right.

Haha you should ask them..
Old 10.16.2008, 07:41 AM   #25
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
I wanted to drink my coffee black after ive watched twin peaks. unfortunately I cant stand it.

there is black coffee, and there is sludge water though, you might love it if you had the right one?
Old 10.16.2008, 07:42 AM   #26
al shabbray

^^^yes really if theres one taste I am hunting, then its that one, plus fanta mango, which disappeared in germany at the end of the 80ies
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2008, 07:43 AM   #27
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
that sounds so delicious..

but I'm allergic to chocolate. well.. I think it is a nickel allergy in reality, but this includes chocolate.

There is a little chocolate shop just around the corner from me who sell hot chocolate from a little carousel in the mornings, it is the consistency of thickened cream, and INCREDIBLE. I only get small ones though, otherwise I feel ill and break out in skin rashes or whatnot.

i'm so sorry for you!

well the place is actually a coffee house, breally good. they have amenu full of different kinds of coffee you can get, so i guess you'd like it ;-)

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2008, 07:43 AM   #28
al shabbray

Quote:
there is black coffee, and there is sludge water though, you might love it if you had the right one?

no, really not. Ive got the best coffee I can get right now, directyl from an cameronnian from his on plantage (?)
and I still prefer it with milk.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2008, 07:43 AM   #29
phoenix
invito al cielo

fanta came in mango?? I guess I'm too australian and too young to know this. There is no way I could stomach fanta now. So much sugar. When I was in high school I LOVED it.
Old 10.16.2008, 07:44 AM   #30
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
no, really not. Ive got the best coffee I can get right now, directyl from an cameronnian from his on plantage (?)
and I still prefer it with milk.

what is a cameronian?
Old 10.16.2008, 07:45 AM   #31
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
i'm so sorry for you!

well the place is actually a coffee house, breally good. they have amenu full of different kinds of coffee you can get, so i guess you'd like it ;-)

do they have breakfast also? or cake? either one of those and I'd be there for hours in the corner drawing and reading and such.
Old 10.16.2008, 07:46 AM   #32
guitar7080
little trouble girl

guitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's asses
I think the best is Coffee outside, cool temp., open fire, sober early morning at base camp. Woods, trees and the like.
guitar7080 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2008, 07:47 AM   #33
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
do they have breakfast also? or cake? either one of those and I'd be there for hours in the corner drawing and reading and such.

sandwiches, cookies and some cake, yes. me and my classmates go there if we have an hour off. there's a big table in the middle where ou can always join and talk to people, or just read a paper.

flickr

Old 10.16.2008, 07:50 AM   #34
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar7080
I think the best is Coffee outside, cool temp., open fire, sober early morning at base camp. Woods, trees and the like.

This sounds great too! I havent been camping since I was .... 14? I think I'm going in a few weeks. It will be hilarious, but fun! Need to remember to take coffee.
Old 10.16.2008, 07:51 AM   #35
al shabbray

Quote:
what is a cameronian?

haha, a guy out of cameron, I dunno if its the right name of the state in central afica, hahaha

and yes fanta came in mango. but it seems that it disappears completely.
it was the time when fanta s logo looked like this

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2008, 07:52 AM   #36
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
sandwiches, cookies and some cake, yes. me and my classmates go there if we have an hour off. there's a big table in the middle where ou can always join and talk to people, or just read a paper.

One of my favourite vegie restaurants has a big table like this too, its odd at first sitting and eating with a bunch of people you don't know at all. But kind of cool. Most of them are hippies or artists so its interesting at least.
Old 10.16.2008, 07:54 AM   #37
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
haha, a guy out of cameron, I dunno if its the right name of the state in central afica, hahaha

and yes fanta came in mango. but it seems that it disappears completely.
it was the time when fanta s logo looked like this

My geography is pretty bad, I shod have googled it hehe.

the pic just comes up saying google can't find it.

... its almost mango season here... oh yes. mangoes! that smell makes me think of being a little kid and eating soooo many mangoes at my nannas farm.
Old 10.16.2008, 07:54 AM   #38
guitar7080
little trouble girl

guitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's assesguitar7080 kicks all y'all's asses
Yes yes, must bring the Coffee, and some sort of brewing pot. The extra weight is definatley worth it. Let's all go camping, some times I just go in the back yard. No lie. Coffee and Sunrise. Hand and hand. Lovers.

Quote:
This sounds great too! I havent been camping since I was .... 14? I think I'm going in a few weeks. It will be hilarious, but fun! Need to remember to take coffee.
guitar7080 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2008, 07:56 AM   #39
ploesj
invito al cielo

Quote:
One of my favourite vegie restaurants has a big table like this too, its odd at first sitting and eating with a bunch of people you don't know at all. But kind of cool. Most of them are hippies or artists so its interesting at least.

same here, the place is crowded with musicians, artists (mostly from my school) and writers. it's cosy though.

flickr

Old 10.16.2008, 07:59 AM   #40
al shabbray

that sounds like fun place to be!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth