Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fuck.. more war in Afghanistan? (we don't need no more trouble)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.20.2009, 01:39 PM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
ha! true!
Old 02.20.2009, 01:42 PM   #22
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
"finish what you started! don't be retarded! just finish what you started!"
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 01:46 PM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
we should ask the russians if they have any good ideas for that. amiritie?

sí pero not all afghans are in favor of the taliban whereas most of afghanistan was against the soviets.

the reason the taliban has resurged is because they offered the closest thing to law and order in a wild place.

if american troops can in fact gain the good will of the people, as they had with the northern alliance back in... oh it was so long ago... but yeah, they could conceivably de-nut the taliban. of course the taliban has their base in pakistan and that's another much bigger clusterfuck of doom...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 03:40 PM   #24
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

the reason the taliban has resurged is because they offered the closest thing to law and order in a wild place.

as hard as it is for folks to swallow, isn't it possible that many people in Afghanistan and Pakistan support the Taliban, just as the south Vietnamese supported the Vietminh?

(in other words, is America fighting a war against an organization which has popular support, and therefore is America fighting the will of the people to serve its own interests?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
if EVERYONE was doing it, it would work!

If there is one place where proactive Western military action is warranted it is in Afghanistan/Pakistan. The Taliban are about as opposite to what I believe how life should be as possible.

Bush gave a speech which said, "The terrorists seek to impose their views.."

But if afghanis and pakistanis support openly and directly the taliban and elements of al queda, then is not America imposing its views on afghanistan and with overwhelming military force at that? Are we not the terrorists in this specific situation?

its as !@#$%! pointed out,
Quote:

While you dont personally agree with the taliban, many people do. Sure, it sound ridiculous, but that is the point of the world, diversity. I'm sure you might not agree with the Pope, but there are nearly a BILLION roman catholics.. I myself don't support the president or the american system, but there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS who believe in the american dream..

The reality is that not everyone wants to live a life like we have in the western world..

war is ugly.

In the so-called "tribal areas" millions of people in fact support the taliban as their grass roots government, just as many in Chiapas support the EZLN, or many in south Vietnam supported the Vietminh...

in America we often have this smug overconfidence that what we think is right, and that our experience has provided all the answers, but this is not a universal cookie-cutter solution..

the world is the world, and people have different views. diversity should be cherished, not bombed to shit.

The reality in Afghanistan and Pakistan is that eventually and without a shadow of doubt, the taliban will be recognized as a legitimate regional/local government, and that is the ONLY way this war will ever end, that or a fucking holocaust of the approx 45 million people who are the support-base of the so-called insurgency..

make love and not war..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
the war in aghanistan was the orignal one, which got sidetracked becauyse afghanistan does not have enough petroleum, so instead bush made BILLIONS every quarter for his oil company fat cat buddies (exxon alone made record profits of 14 BILLION every three months) by attacking Iraq, an extremely oil rich country.

afghanistan was left to swelter and fester. It is time we focused on finishing there, and capturing bin laden no matter whether the saudi arabian royal family gets in a tizzy about it. fuck them.

what about all the heroin and opium, which predominantly goes to the United States for consumption? You know heroin is how we ended up in Vietnam to begin with, and it is no coincidence that we find ourselves entrenched in another massive heroin producing country fighting an open war...

have y'all seen whats been happening in Mexico since last year? With US assistance, the so-called narco war has killed nearly 10,000 people! Mexico accounts for approx 10% of the world production of heroin as well...

anyone else see the pattern?

Its never been about fucking Osama Bin Laden, that nigga doesn't even exist, he is a fucking CIA ghost, used to pump up fear in Americans... the fucking cucuy!

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.20.2009, 04:02 PM   #25
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
gots to keep the junk supply flowin.

and blame all the problems on the potheads
Old 02.20.2009, 04:03 PM   #26
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I have already had two people on the inernet metawebs tell me that my pic which I use for a sig here in SY land, is in bad taste.
Old 02.20.2009, 04:11 PM   #27
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
gots to keep the junk supply flowin.

and blame all the problems on the potheads
yes, thats the plan. follow the warpath of America in the past century and you will find a trail of drug dealing and production.. its all about drugs drugs drugs..
Quote:
I have already had two people on the inernet metawebs tell me that my pic which I use for a sig here in SY land, is in bad taste.

it is actually

Old 02.20.2009, 04:25 PM   #28
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
as hard as it is for folks to swallow, isn't it possible that many people in Afghanistan and Pakistan support the Taliban, just as the south Vietnamese supported the Vietminh?

of course they have supporters-- otherwise they wouldn't exist. there's no big mystery there. the pashtun tribes support the taliban illiterates.

see:

still--fuck them. those sons of bitches deny women the right to have any education. they can stone them rape them treat them like a piece of trash. the cocksuckers also ban all music. fuck them.

and the other tribes are against them.
Old 02.20.2009, 04:28 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
of course they have supporters-- otherwise they wouldn't exist. there's no big mystery there. the pashtun tribes support the taliban illiterates.

see:

still--fuck them. those sons of bitches deny women the right to have any education. they can stone them rape them treat them like a piece of trash. the cocksuckers also ban all music. fuck them.

and the other tribes are against them.

while I dont agree with the taliban's extreme methods of enforcement, and further I believe that even the taliban could convinced that education for women is essential, I somehow don't think that blowing up a bunch shit and killing some people will convince them..

and further, I don't think blowing shit up and killing people will help educate girls as they get killed as collateral damage.. we already learned in indochina that you CANNOT blow up the village to save it... it simply does not make any fucking sense

the cultural extremes of the taliban are in fact supported by many many people in the region, it is something that we will have to accept in time, as afghanistan is not america, and Islam is not secular humanism, but that should not somehow invalidate the culture

Old 02.20.2009, 04:31 PM   #30
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

see, if we hadn't dropped the ball and had kept order in afghanistan after the invasion, because dubya cuntbrains bush with cheney's dick up his colon powell hadn't been up to shit in iraq, this wouldn't have happened.

see, this is how the return of the taliban began:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0412/p06s01-wosc.html
Old 02.20.2009, 04:32 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
see, if we hadn't dropped the ball and had kept order in afghanistan after the invasion, because dubya cuntbrains bush with cheney's dick up his colon powell hadn't been up to shit in iraq, this wouldn't have happened.

see, this is how the return of the taliban began:

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/0412/p06s01-wosc.html

but how could we have continued to produce and distribute all this heroin if the war was as large in scale and as public as say Iraq? There is a REASON all this war has been rather secretive and uneffective.. the US WANTS an environment of chaos, it makes it easier to participate in covert drug production and trade..

Old 02.20.2009, 04:33 PM   #32
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
even the taliban could convinced that education for women is essential

good luck trying
Old 02.20.2009, 04:37 PM   #33
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
good luck trying

not with that attitude mister!

The taliban are people, just like we are people, and people can accept good ideas if the come from indigenous, ingenious sources..

the reality of the world is that especially in developing countries, though marginalized, women play the crucial socio-political and economic roles, and so in the long run, even a boisterous, chauvinistic regime could be convinced of the value of letting girls who already effectively run their households and businesses to be able to read and perform simple arithmetic..

it is the inevitable future, and the only thing that would stop it is to blow up everything and continue and environment of war and chaos rather than working to create an atmosphere of normality..

Old 02.20.2009, 04:37 PM   #34
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
yes, thats the plan. follow the warpath of America in the past century and you will find a trail of drug dealing and production.. its all about drugs drugs drugs..

it is actually

drugs and the $$$$ the bring to those who control the trade
Old 02.20.2009, 04:38 PM   #35
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
US WANTS

US? majority voted for obama to end this shitty clusterfuck.

fuck rumsfeld, cheney, bush, richard perle, wolfowitz, and all those shits, fuck them to hell.
Old 02.20.2009, 04:39 PM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
not with that attitude mister!

The taliban are people, just like we are people, and people can accept good ideas if the come from indigenous, ingenious sources..

the pashtun are people, the taliban are evil dumbfucks

youre supporting the wrong revolution

try this instead:

http://www.rawa.org/index.php
Old 02.20.2009, 04:42 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
US? majority voted for obama to end this shitty clusterfuck.

fuck rumsfeld, cheney, bush, richard perle, wolfowitz, and all those shits, fuck them to hell.

in regards to Afghanistan more americans have their ponies' tails tied on the war path as much as the soldierboys on the ground..

americans believe in the war in afghanistan cuz they are scared of the cucuy as I said before..

and when is Obama gonna get us outta all this mess when he is busy sending in MORE troops.. sounds a lot like Tricky Dick Nixon if you ask me... a bunch of that peace with honor bullshit, meanwhile on the otherside of the world people die.. where is the honor in that?
Quote:
the pashtun are people, the taliban are evil dumbfucks

youre supporting the wrong revolution

try this instead:

http://www.rawa.org/index.php

I am not necessarily supporting to taliban as much as calling the facts on the ground.. the people support the taliban, and yes, the members of the taliban are still people.. even hitler was a person which is why the bastard killed himself in obvious guilt.

Old 02.20.2009, 04:47 PM   #38
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

i don't think hitler killed himnself due to guilt, as much as to avoid the humiliation and torture that was to befall him. ego's that big cannot stand to be deflated.
Old 02.20.2009, 04:50 PM   #39
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
americans believe in the war in afghanistan cuz they are scared of the cucuy as I said before..

what the fuck, the taliban was nurturing bin laden and refused to turn him over after september 11. american troops went in to go get them and to topple a terrorist regime-- that's right, terrorist.

nobody was fucking with the taliban in spite of the millions of women crying for help until the osama thing-- so nobody was meddling in afghanistan's internal affairs while they ran their little evil theocracy. the invasion was justified.

i'm for tolerance, living and letting live, but only up to a point. those motherfuckers crossed the line.

where we fucked up royally was after going in, letting chaos rule and therefore the pashtuns had to go to what they knew, which was the backing of the taliban so they wouldn't be living in a jungle. fucking incompetent morons running the war, fuck them for that.
Old 02.21.2009, 05:27 AM   #40
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

(in other words, is America fighting a war against an organization which has popular support, and therefore is America fighting the will of the people to serve its own interests?)

Bush gave a speech which said, "The terrorists seek to impose their views.."

But if afghanis and pakistanis support openly and directly the taliban and elements of al queda, then is not America imposing its views on afghanistan and with overwhelming military force at that? Are we not the terrorists in this specific situation?

its as !@#$%! pointed out,

While you dont personally agree with the taliban, many people do. Sure, it sound ridiculous, but that is the point of the world, diversity. I'm sure you might not agree with the Pope, but there are nearly a BILLION roman catholics.. I myself don't support the president or the american system, but there are MILLIONS and MILLIONS who believe in the american dream..

The reality is that not everyone wants to live a life like we have in the western world..

war is ugly.

In the so-called "tribal areas" millions of people in fact support the taliban as their grass roots government, just as many in Chiapas support the EZLN, or many in south Vietnam supported the Vietminh...

in America we often have this smug overconfidence that what we think is right, and that our experience has provided all the answers, but this is not a universal cookie-cutter solution..

the world is the world, and people have different views. diversity should be cherished, not bombed to shit.

The reality in Afghanistan and Pakistan is that eventually and without a shadow of doubt, the taliban will be recognized as a legitimate regional/local government, and that is the ONLY way this war will ever end, that or a fucking holocaust of the approx 45 million people who are the support-base of the so-called insurgency..

make love and not war..

what about all the heroin and opium, which predominantly goes to the United States for consumption? You know heroin is how we ended up in Vietnam to begin with, and it is no coincidence that we find ourselves entrenched in another massive heroin producing country fighting an open war...

have y'all seen whats been happening in Mexico since last year? With US assistance, the so-called narco war has killed nearly 10,000 people! Mexico accounts for approx 10% of the world production of heroin as well...

anyone else see the pattern?

Its never been about fucking Osama Bin Laden, that nigga doesn't even exist, he is a fucking CIA ghost, used to pump up fear in Americans... the fucking cucuy!

Its only in the mountainous North of Pakistan you find real concentrations of the fundamentalists, and their current support has less to do with "Taliban? FUCK YEAH!" than it has to to do with tit-for-tat retaliation for dead relatives and a general disinterest in being told what to do.
Of course all this fundamentalism really only came about in the 1980s when the US set up those madrasah in Pakistan and elsewhere to create lunatics to fight in Afghanistan, the Caucaus, and elsewhere.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth