Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page it's full moon
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10.03.2009, 05:45 PM   #21
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicpixie
yeah that can be the problem just finding the right person to do it with, someone who has done it before and actually likes doing it, someone who can get them, who you know reasonably well...
at least if you havent done them yet it shows you are taking the right approach and waiting for the right opportunity rather than rushing out and doing it all wrong and having a bad trip then being put off it altogether.

ive only ever had one 'bad' trip but the most important thing was i came out the other side (i finally remembered to LET GO) and everything was fine and it just taught me that nothing is ever really as bad as it seems, so i see it more as a good trip.

Yeah, exactly, that's the difficulty. I am quite an anxious person so these things are always approached with caution.

Right, if ever I get the chance then I'll bear that in mind. Thanks for all your advice!
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2009, 05:46 PM   #22
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

sonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
2CB perhaps?

no they are all variations that actually exist i just meant i cant remember which ones we took! it was 2 out of the 3 anyway
sonicpixie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2009, 05:47 PM   #23
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
mushrooms do not make you hallucinate, they give you a meditation, and introspective vista, a lucid vision, and importantly a glimpse into the more Einseinian reality by subtly distorting your usual sensory perception and opening the doors of higher awareness of elements both spiritual and physical of our multi-layered reality. The preperation is no more than taking it serious, thats all. When receiving a revelation it is important to be prepared like Moses at the mountain..

Right, well I'm a pretty serious person. I wouldn't do something like this lightly.
Old 10.03.2009, 05:50 PM   #24
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

sonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's assessonicpixie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
acid has its place, and I take it when I can find it, but the stars do not align for me often in that regard. I prefer the vision quest of mushrooms to the chaos of throwing out reality entirely as LSD trips give you.. LSD is more intense but then less intense.. it is important to have a few insane life altering moments of sensory distortion to see that reality is not quite as concrete as you often believed BUT I need the structure of a vision quest. I guess that is why I prefer mushrooms, I get plenty of visuals on mushrooms comparable with LSD however they have more of a purpose and meaning..

also if I want the intense sensory distortion that LSD causes I also prefer strictly natural sources like Daturas (hells bells, salvia, and if your feeling really crazy Jimson weed) which FUCK YOU UP in a serious way. They utterly annihilate your perception of so-called reality. I have ONLY hallucinated on these plants, both people and even frightening vacations to alternate realities.. my pops gave me the best advice when I was a young man, he said, "Son, take plants very seriously, they are nothing to play with. They can be very very strong."

i think salvia is legal here i bought some once from a shop in glastonbury but perhaps it wasnt enough cos it didnt do anything at all.

yes definately more purpose and meaning with shrooms, id rather 'lose my mind' a little in order to find it whereas with acid i became more aware of the distinct possibility of actually losing my mind___
Old 10.03.2009, 05:51 PM   #25
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

Quote:
Yeah, exactly, that's the difficulty. I am quite an anxious person so these things are always approached with caution.

Right, if ever I get the chance then I'll bear that in mind. Thanks for all your advice!

no probs let us know how it goes if you do!
Old 10.03.2009, 05:51 PM   #26
Lurker
invito al cielo

I've seen shops in Camden selling salvia.
Old 10.03.2009, 05:52 PM   #27
Lurker
invito al cielo

Quote:
no probs let us know how it goes if you do!

Will do! Likely to be a long time away though!
Old 10.03.2009, 05:56 PM   #28
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

ive only ever had one 'bad' trip but the most important thing was i came out the other side (i finally remembered to LET GO) and everything was fine and it just taught me that nothing is ever really as bad as it seems, so i see it more as a good trip.

I have had some plant-induced moments that gave not even the option to let go.. I have come to discover that some things can really be even WORSE than they seem, and its not always just about "a good trip"

sometimes you have to have a seriously bad fucking time, sometimes the tunnel has to be terrifyingly dark in order to full comprehend the greatness of the light at the end.. and sometimes these things can last for days.. the two most intense vision quests I ever went on were short and long, one was no longer than three minutes that was the most frightening glimpse into eternity I have ever experienced as well as a complete destruction of reality into a true, pure hallucination which was in fact a vision of a higher reality but one which the soul has not control, no mobility and is trapped by the immensity of the experience into deer in the headlights moment.. I have never been so absolutely afraid of anything in my entire life..

I have also seen a lot of people freak out, its Murphy's Law and over a long enough period of time and exposure you will see it happen numerous times. Initially in psychedelia everything is always smooth, polished and perfect, but as you gain personal power from shattering your ego and limited sense of perception of larger reality you will begin to have more impacting experiences. It doesn't necessarily take plants or drugs by the way, monks and scientists alike know of the ecstasy of expanding your consciousness but also the frightening reality of a vision that is expanding to fast..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.03.2009, 06:01 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I've seen shops in Camden selling salvia.

be very very careful, I have had mellow and delightful experiences with salvia and horrifying intense vision quests launching me into bizarre alternate realities with no control. you won't know until you smoke it which batch you get, that is the trouble with salvia.. daturas in general are strong.. hells bells had me tripping for 4 days straight with powerful hallucinations and a total of two weeks of residual trails and visuals and lightly tripping.. I won't make that mistake again either.

Old 10.03.2009, 06:04 PM   #30
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

i suppose i should be slightly frightened but it just makes me want to take more, i have not had enough trips! even so i feel i have learned more through them than anything else in my life.
i always have to learn the hard way, go in deeper.
you're right, just cos my one bad trip turned into a good trip doesnt mean it will all be ok going forwards and im through the worst of it, coming out the other side once may just mean i didnt really go through anything that bad____
im not looking to push myself over the edge just got to keep pushing the boundaries or im not content.
i stayed away when i knew it would be a bad idea to push myself but i was just waiting for the right time again when my head was calm
Old 10.06.2009, 02:04 PM   #31
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
i suppose i should be slightly frightened but it just makes me want to take more, i have not had enough trips! even so i feel i have learned more through them than anything else in my life.
i always have to learn the hard way, go in deeper.
you're right, just cos my one bad trip turned into a good trip doesnt mean it will all be ok going forwards and im through the worst of it, coming out the other side once may just mean i didnt really go through anything that bad____
im not looking to push myself over the edge just got to keep pushing the boundaries or im not content.
i stayed away when i knew it would be a bad idea to push myself but i was just waiting for the right time again when my head was calm

here is the deal, psychedelic drugs and plants are tools to crush to the self-centered EGO which clogs your perception of reality. Each dose is that much closer to eliminating the concept of self and joining the harmony of existence. However, each dose gets harder to to this as you get closer and deeper to the core of your EGO and sense of self. Therefore it is only logical that over time you will get more intense and yes, 'bad trips' as a result. This is the concept of gaining personal power. Each time you weaken your ego, you gain power to perceive the reality. The catch is that we as infantile human beings are greatly attached to our egos and our limited perception, so the process of disattachment is experienced from a wide range of ecstasy to terror, bliss to chaos, but growing in intensity until the EGO is shattered from the body, and the self becomes conscious not merely of itself, but rather of its place in reality. So you've been warned, the deeper you go, the more real it gets, and much more, you can never fall back.

Old 10.06.2009, 07:36 PM   #32
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
Lunar is way cooler than solar!

artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.06.2009, 07:44 PM   #33
Lurker
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
Lunar is way cooler than solar!
Yes!
Old 10.13.2009, 01:20 AM   #34
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

Quote:
here is the deal, psychedelic drugs and plants are tools to crush to the self-centered EGO which clogs your perception of reality. Each dose is that much closer to eliminating the concept of self and joining the harmony of existence. However, each dose gets harder to to this as you get closer and deeper to the core of your EGO and sense of self. Therefore it is only logical that over time you will get more intense and yes, 'bad trips' as a result. This is the concept of gaining personal power. Each time you weaken your ego, you gain power to perceive the reality. The catch is that we as infantile human beings are greatly attached to our egos and our limited perception, so the process of disattachment is experienced from a wide range of ecstasy to terror, bliss to chaos, but growing in intensity until the EGO is shattered from the body, and the self becomes conscious not merely of itself, but rather of its place in reality. So you've been warned, the deeper you go, the more real it gets, and much more, you can never fall back.

i have moments when i see and understand this whole process of losing the ego but this doesn't last as i am not IN this feeling of being without ego... and then there is always the catch as you progress each little way towards this goal you think "wow look how well i'm doing!" and yr back to square one____ no matter, it's the only path to traverse and everything leads me back there just sometimes i take detours
Old 10.13.2009, 02:26 AM   #35
stu666
Super Moderator

stu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's assesstu666 kicks all y'all's asses
mr sonicpixie are the mushies out yet in yr neck of the woods? there's still no sign here, must be the dry summer we had.

http://tapewormstu.blogspot.co.uk/

stu666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.15.2009, 01:42 AM   #36
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

no sign yet i will be checking again soon and let you know... also its mrs sonicpixie!
Old 10.15.2009, 01:47 AM   #37
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
I was pretty glad last week to have the full moon (last sunday) to blame how fucked up everyone was.

How fucked up everyone in the rest 3 weeks of the month I will blame on the tragedy of being fucking bastards that dont have simple manners of respect. Bastards.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.16.2009, 01:44 AM   #38
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

oh dear whos upset you? i would stick to the general rule that people are all bastards. every one (mostly)
just steer clear of people and you'll be fine
Old 10.18.2009, 12:40 PM   #39
sonicpixie
bad moon rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by stu666
mr sonicpixie are the mushies out yet in yr neck of the woods? there's still no sign here, must be the dry summer we had.

i retract my previous statement i think it may be too late now, just been out and picked some but it seemed to be the tail end. got quite a few but it did take all day, im so tired!
Old 10.19.2009, 02:32 AM   #40
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh dear whos upset you? i would stick to the general rule that people are all bastards. every one (mostly)
just steer clear of people and you'll be fine

Ha, lawd. Nah, nah, I'm not a good person to speak with about humanity at the moment because I take public transit and work in customer service of some kind. I see a biased side of certain folks. It can be a little much.

People are pigs, basically.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth