Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fuck.. College isn't what is used to be (Hunstville Shooting)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.16.2010, 04:32 AM   #21
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dale_gribble
in perfect world guns wouldn't exist, unfortunately they do. so therefore, everyone should own a gun to level the playing field. it's common fucking sense really and i hope everybody who supports "gun control", aka taking guns away from law abiding citizens so they can't defend themselves against gun wielding criminals, should be shot ROFL
So we shouldn't prevent criminals from owning guns?

We should pass out guns like bibles to ex-cons leaving prison and tell them to level the playing field.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 07:02 AM   #22
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
in perfect world guns wouldn't exist, unfortunately they do. so therefore, everyone should own a gun to level the playing field. it's common fucking sense really and i hope everybody who supports "gun control", aka taking guns away from law abiding citizens so they can't defend themselves against gun wielding criminals, should be shot ROFL

wow. haha. it´s common fucking sense, lol.
everyone should own a gun.
even if i don't want one, i should.
poor citizens without guns, can't easily kill their cheating wives, commit suicide or have their children accidentaly paraplegic.
even tho the chances that a criminal will kill you if he realises you have a gun are 87,9999% more than if you don't.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 10:39 AM   #23
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Coming from a gun toting community I would like to interject my opinion on the matter. I believe that Americans have the right to have a gun for protection per our constitution. I do not think they should be unregulated and I don't think we need automatic weapons in our homes. I have a= the gun that was in Inglorius bastards ( when the soldier was aiming at the jewish girl who escaped) I keep it under my night stand cause I will be damned before some asshole comes into my home and trys to hurt me or my family. My husband has a rifle a shotgun and another hand gun. I really don't like guns and I am extremly cautious when using one. My dad hunts deer. It ia something my family has done for years. I come from farmers and people who lived hard country lives.

What is wrong is that people do not educate thier children about what guns are and the damage they can cause. My dad taught me how to shoot whern I was about 12 and I was scared of it so I would not touch it. He took my sisters to gun safety classes so that they could be educated and know the cause and effect. It is also very important for those that do have guns to properly secure them out of kids reach, and follow the three step rule. You must have to go through three steps in order to fire the weapon. Gun locks, cases, storing bullets seperatly from weapons. Never leave it loaded. Wheather guns are legal or not criminals will have them on the streets illegaly. I do not want my right of protection taken away from me.

As stated before Guns don't kill people people kill people. 911 did'nt they take over the planes with box cutters or something?

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 11:03 AM   #24
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
I don't wanna scare you, but crime statistics wouldn't justify that opinion. First of all, strangers walking into people's homes to harm them is seriously one of the less common crimes, however, the ones you hear about the most. Secondly, in most cases, they are burglars or thieves that do not intend to kill (but they will, if threatened). Thirdly, statistics also show that when that happens, the victim trying to defend him/herself with a gun increase the chances of the whole thing ending tragically in more than 50%.
it might make you FEEL safer, but it's mere illusion.

Old 02.16.2010, 11:08 AM   #25
knox
invito al cielo

you're right, guns don't kill people, people kill people. they make it a lot easier tho.

a knife and a gun in the hands of impulsive people have different effects. you have way more chances to survive if you're stabbed.
a lot more chances to defend yourself as well.

Old 02.16.2010, 11:20 AM   #26
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
I can agree with statistics. I guess it's my fiesty nature and watching lots of crime shows. I carry a large hunting knife in my car and a "pig sticker" in my purse. No one's taking this bitch down without a fight.

I on one occasion had my knife ready to go in my pocket. I was in a building we were working on. It was still under construction and there were various contractors roaming about. Being a woman in this atmosphere I gathered alot of attention. One of the contractors was really freaking me out. He was following me there was no one else in the building and I got a really bad vibe from this guy. I finished my business and got out of there.

Another point is, living in the country you have many wild creatures roaming on your property. I can't even remember how many water moccasans and rattle snakes we have killed over the years. I won't kill the non venomous snakes, they keep away the bad snakes.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 12:42 PM   #27
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I will fight and die for your right to carry any weapon you see fit.

I have known friends who have stopped robberies, rapes, and muggings because they were licensed to carry concealed weapons, and not only licensed, but trained in their proper use.

I think every american should be trained in firearm safety, and in how to handle firearms properly.

an old man can and does defend his life and property from someone who could easily overpower him, BECAUSE OF HIS GUN.

criminals have a million ways to get guns, most of them illegal. law abiding citizens, which are the vast majority, should not have their guns taken away by blind ignorance.
Old 02.16.2010, 12:47 PM   #28
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
i would neither fight, nor die, for that. or the existing concept of human rights.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 12:49 PM   #29
knox
invito al cielo

you have known people who defended themselves successfully, i have known someone who removed his eyes with his bare hands, and another one who died crossing a highway while aliens chased him, so i think we better stick to statistics.

Old 02.16.2010, 01:05 PM   #30
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I have known people who defended TOTAL STRANGERS, not themselves
Old 02.16.2010, 01:18 PM   #31
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
So we shouldn't prevent criminals from owning guns?

We should pass out guns like bibles to ex-cons leaving prison and tell them to level the playing field.

clearly i was being extreme, however there is really no way from preventing criminals from getting guns unless you remove guns from our society completely somehow. also, ex-cons would be a whole other conversation on how the prison/legal system blows. it's all very complicated and i just don't care enough about these trivial matters.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 02:22 PM   #32
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
as for someone that boasts so much about freedom you have a twisted sense of law and justice.
preemptive and taken into own hands, it seems.

two more simple points on why i think higher gun control MIGHT be a good idea:

higher gun proliferation means higher criminal violence.
the illegal gun market is fuelled by the legal market.

i know we've debated this topic several times and that is pointless to try to debate with robinstigator, et al... but i felt like doing it anyway.
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 02:30 PM   #33
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I have known people who defended TOTAL STRANGERS, not themselves

does not change a thing.
you've heard of those cases, so have I. Also, the cases of people trying to defend themselves, or others, that go wrong, gun accidents, passional murder, misjudgments, accidental shooting, and I can bet they outnumber the scenario you described there.

Old 02.16.2010, 02:33 PM   #34
knox
invito al cielo

also, i saw this documentary on tv the other day about violence in Mexico.
99,9% of the guns used by the organized crime there are purchased legally in the US.

Old 02.16.2010, 02:34 PM   #35
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
clearly i was being extreme, however there is really no way from preventing criminals from getting guns unless you remove guns from our society completely somehow. also, ex-cons would be a whole other conversation on how the prison/legal system blows. it's all very complicated and i just don't care enough about these trivial matters.

he doesn't care enough about these trivial matters. lol.

Old 02.16.2010, 03:00 PM   #36
dale_gribble
100%

dale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's assesdale_gribble kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
he doesn't care enough about these trivial matters. lol.

most matters debated amongst humans are trivial, nobody tries to get to the root of the problem and nobody actually wants to go out and make a difference. most people just sit around describing their utopia while some boner they don't even know exists fucks them in the ass. sorry to ramble but i can't help myself right now.

dale_gribble is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 03:21 PM   #37
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I have no material posession that is worth staining my soul over.

so, instead of guns for personal defense, I have strategic stockpiles of mace and an attack cat.

the mace is in case an intruder brings aquari-yums (which would render my attack cat useless).
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 03:24 PM   #38
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
most matters debated amongst humans are trivial, nobody tries to get to the root of the problem and nobody actually wants to go out and make a difference. most people just sit around describing their utopia while some boner they don't even know exists fucks them in the ass. sorry to ramble but i can't help myself right now.

i can see that.

Old 02.16.2010, 03:24 PM   #39
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I have no material posession that is worth staining my soul over.

so, instead of guns for personal defense, I have strategic stockpiles of mace and an attack cat.

the mace is in case an intruder brings aquari-yums (which would render my attack cat useless).

i live with doors unlocked.
ya think bad folks know the credit card trick?
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.16.2010, 03:29 PM   #40
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I always lock doors. a moment of diligence can prevent a lifetime
of heartache.

The fucking Night Stalker taught me that.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth