Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Anyone know Hanadensha 'Narcotic Guitar' ?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.19.2006, 05:38 PM   #21
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
i've met sam and will a couple of times, but don't know them too well. don't think i know the others. still its a small world.

i'm out of here for the day. be sure to let me know when skiesfalling plays. i'd love to check out your music.
Old 07.20.2006, 09:44 AM   #22
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by hat and beard
i've met sam and will a couple of times, but don't know them too well. don't think i know the others. still its a small world.

i'm out of here for the day. be sure to let me know when skiesfalling plays. i'd love to check out your music.

Right on, if you want there's a thread with a recent EP release of ours in the non-sonics sounds section or you can go to our myspace or my website, but I'll be sure to let you know! Gettin shows in this town is a lot harder than it used to be!

Cerebral Audio Hyperstation
skiesfalling is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2006, 11:37 AM   #23
trance feeeedback
children of satan

trance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's assestrance feeeedback kicks all y'all's asses
Hanadensha is an amazing band they are one of my favorite bands of all time, Those ep's are hugley influential on me. When blake shared them with us a long time ago, this music really changed my world. Now I actually own the ep's(can't find narcotic guitar). This is great stuff everyone should hear it. Hanadensha should be held in such high regard as the boredoms. In fact this stuff shows that hira might have been the psychedelic genius in the band instead of Eye.

"sound is god"-Ravi Shankar.

FREE TIBET!
trance feeeedback is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.20.2006, 04:47 PM   #24
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

skiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to beholdskiesfalling is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i know them! tomorrow's music pleasures will be all that stuff you had shared..
nice to see you back, blake.
sissyk from ancient times.

SISTERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
This makes me so happy! I should have known you were here

Interestingly enough TranceFeeedback the drummer from Hanadensha now plays in the Boredoms or has for a good number of years now. He could have very well been on the record Vision Creation Newsun. VCN and NarcoGuit are 2 of my most fav albums ever!

Old 07.21.2006, 03:48 AM   #25
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I've been listening to it last night and you are pretty right,it's a very good album(bar one song that i can't name right now).There's one bit on it that reminded a lot of Godspeedyou Black Emperor's 'The dead flag blues' wich can only be a good thing in my book.I'm not too sure about the Boredoms comparisons as they didnt strike as sounding too similar bands.In wichever case i have to listen to it more.It takes me a while before i fully absorb a record into my system.My stereo at the moment is a battle between your music,my heatwave inspired music,Walter de Maria's 'Drums and nature' and Neu2.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 01:23 PM   #26
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
I've been listening to it last night and you are pretty right,it's a very good album(bar one song that i can't name right now).

Well I look at the album like a beautiful journey and so have the songs that you can tell are the more prominent pieces, then there are the cool weird little psychedelic color pieces that help transition between the prominent songs. I love evryhing on the album! Granted there may be a few tracks you wouldn't put singularly on like a mix cd but I think they all work well as a whole piece.

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.22.2006, 03:27 PM   #27
narlus
100%

narlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's assesnarlus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroic Dose
Yeah small world indeed......my name is Blake....been living here for like 10 years.....y tu?

small and funny world...hey blake, this is the guy who traded a dupe of _Narcotic Guitar_ from you for Miles Davis' _Dark Magus_ about 2 years ago.
narlus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2007, 12:26 PM   #28
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

Might as well open up this one again

For a free download of Narcotic Guitar go to www.myspace.com/hanadensha and check out the blog section for the link....

Yeah I hope this one doesn't come back to bite me in the ass someday!

Old 05.17.2007, 01:41 PM   #29
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
fuck, never heard this, and i've heard almost every other boredoms side project... shit.i wonder if it's as good as psycho baba................

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2007, 05:15 PM   #30
skiesfalling
little trouble girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
fuck, never heard this, and i've heard almost every other boredoms side project... shit.i wonder if it's as good as psycho baba................

This album is on the level with Vision Creation Newsun except it came out in 1995!! And it's more subdued and cosmic and definitely very psychedelic! One of my all time Favs....

Old 05.18.2007, 05:20 PM   #31
sarramkrop

We'll all do drugs and be happy. Happy?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2007, 05:41 PM   #32
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
i thought i posted here already a while back...

...anyway, it's one of the best boredoms related albums!
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2007, 08:47 AM   #33
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
as good as vision creation newsun? surely you jest!

but yeah i will get this tomorrow.. if it's anywhere half as good as rovo or omoide hatoba, it's a must..

Old 05.19.2007, 12:17 PM   #34
Heroic Dose
little trouble girl

Heroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of lightHeroic Dose is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
as good as vision creation newsun? surely you jest!

but yeah i will get this tomorrow.. if it's anywhere half as good as rovo or omoide hatoba, it's a must..

Well let's just say it's on the level with VCN.... VCN is much more driving and high energy, an obvious Boredoms groove; Narcotic Guitar is much more of a slow swirl with at times some boredoms esque driving tribal drums, but all and all I think further reaching in crreativity and diversity, but eiether way regardles of which is your favored both definitely a must in any collection of music for those who dig Japanese psyche.

old name: starry eyed wanderer

Heroic Dose is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2007, 07:38 PM   #35
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

you know, i downloaded some of this, and i HAD heard astral pygmy/golden age of heavy blood before.. i even sampled some of astral for a scissor shock song. still, i guess i hadn't thought much of it at the time and quickly forgot about it.

damn i won't make that mistake agian. this shit's GREAT!!!!!!!!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth