Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page College
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.24.2006, 09:17 PM   #21
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I'll probably be eligable for the same thing that Hayden is doing, but I don't know if it is a good idea to do that. I would be missing 2 years of relatively care-free highschool.
Old 08.24.2006, 09:17 PM   #22
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Going to college instead of high school if you are able is a good choice. You will feel better about it eventually, after the culture shock wears off some.

Yeah. The main reason I did it was to get the fuck out of WIllmar. I'm transferring to MCTC for the Computer Programming course spring semester, hopefully.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I haven't fucked myself over yet. I've never touched a drug in my life...

...I'm such a goody good.

I was able to say that... in the 7th grade. It was a stupid thing to do. Don't do drugs, Alex.
Old 08.24.2006, 09:18 PM   #23
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
I've watched this enough times to know...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULyd5mW1Phk

But really, I don't think I ever will, although I've always felt it a bit unfair to never give them a chance.
Old 08.24.2006, 09:20 PM   #24
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
i'm going into my 5th year of college on monday, and not looking forward to it at all. in fact, i wish my campus would just explode the night before classes start. that would be nice.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2006, 09:22 PM   #25
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Sweet. I carried my team to state 3 years in a row. They only let you be in it for 3 years though. I used to be unmatched in my math skills. Alas, drugs have fucked my brain over. Now I am only moderately smart.

When I was in elementary school, there was one kid who I could never beat in math, and I thought he was some sort of genius, he was just that quick. And then the drugs happened and by the time he got in to high school he just stopped trying. Looks like you still try though, so good for you.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2006, 09:23 PM   #26
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by luxinterior
When I was in elementary school, there was one kid who I could never beat in math, and I thought he was some sort of genius, he was just that quick. And then the drugs happened and by the time he got in to high school he just stopped trying. Looks like you still try though, so good for you.

Well, I quit doing drugs and started trying again. I'm still the best in my high school class. Just a bit more careless and forgetful. Fortunately, I thought coke sucked and meth was scary. I was always a weed and pills boy.
Old 08.24.2006, 09:27 PM   #27
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Quote:
I had someone like that. Her name was Marie Ye. Grrr...she makes me angry. I'd always go up to her and ask her what she got on her test or whatever. Something like this usually followed:

"What did you get on your test, Marie? I got 1one hundred percent."

"Oh, I got one hundred...and two percent."

"What? But there wasn't any extra credit"

The worst thing about it was she never boasted, or anything. She let me wallow in my own shame. Grr...
Old 08.24.2006, 09:29 PM   #28
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
I had someone like that. Her name was Marie Ye. Grrr...she makes me angry. I'd always go up to her and ask her what she got on her test or whatever. Something like this usually followed:

"What did you get on your test, Marie? I got 1one hundred percent."

"Oh, I got one hundred...and two percent."

"What? But there wasn't any extra credit"

The worst thing about it was she never boasted, or anything. She let me wallow in my own shame. Grr...
I think boasting would make me more mad
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.24.2006, 09:31 PM   #29
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Not for me. Because then I could at know that she was a jerk. But in reality she was a really nice person.
Old 08.24.2006, 09:45 PM   #30
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenAsche
Post-Secondary Enrollment Options program or PSEO. Juniors and Seniors with good grades can go to college for free. I'm not sure what it is called in your state but every state has a similar program. Thankfully, I'm in the top 10 of my class so I can get accepted to any Post-Secondary institution I want.
touche.
Old 08.24.2006, 10:04 PM   #31
val-holla-ing
invito al cielo

val-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's assesval-holla-ing kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

that sounds like everyone i went to high school with.

-cam'ron

(formerly "no homo")
val-holla-ing is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2006, 01:22 AM   #32
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
Not speaking of anyone in particular here, but I always fail to understand the superior attitude people get when they're able to succeed academically, or when they can seemingly pick up things quickly. I know a family of very intelligent learned people, who are usually not snobby with strangers at all, but individually they all carry this attitude (and have said out loud a few times that they are better than others becuase of their intelligence). One of the kids' MSN names is "You tell me I'm a genius but treat me like an idiot" . What's an idiot ? And how is an idiot treated ? Should people of exceeding scholarly intelligence be treated better than a supposed idiot ?
I've always had shitty self esteem even when I've done well at particular things so I find it hard to relate to this attitude . My main frustration is, if they're so smart, then how can they assume that the ways in which they've succeeded are what makes up "the best people" or "success" in general ?
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2006, 01:40 AM   #33
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

That is the only thing they have going for them?

I admit to being arrogent on occasion about my grades. I usually am just playing with people, but I can see how it would make me look like a douche.
Old 08.25.2006, 01:55 AM   #34
static-harmony
invito al cielo

static-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's assesstatic-harmony kicks all y'all's asses
I can't wait till I start university next year or an art college, and hope it is in New York or if not San Francisco will suffice. I'm just tired of being in a community college. I use to be smart in elementary I actually won a trip to disneyland because of that. As I started middle school I just stopped caring, till I started working and did not want to work in a shitty job.

static-harmony is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2006, 03:52 AM   #35
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Don't be sad chica....meet some weird ass art/lit/music people.....you'll know who they are and just say what's up. It'll be gravy I promise. It's all about meeting new weird ass people when you go to college.......make connections and have fun!!!!
Old 08.25.2006, 03:55 AM   #36
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Wow, I really hate it here. I want to go back to Missouri and be with my family. Chicago isn't bad, it's just that I really do not like the other students. The staff, on the other hand, are fine people. I am feeling lonely.

i didnt like university, the people, the place, the course. i was not encoraged and it reminded me of primary school the way some of the students behaved. having said that i did stick it out and gained my qualification. i dont blame you not liking chicago. are you at loyola? i was there not so long ago and it was like a ghost town.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2006, 04:09 AM   #37
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Wow, I really hate it here. I want to go back to Missouri and be with my family. Chicago isn't bad, it's just that I really do not like the other students. The staff, on the other hand, are fine people. I am feeling lonely.

my college is full is full of dickheads too, studes are one of the most vexing categories of society. i'm sure you'll find some alright people soon though.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2006, 05:36 AM   #38
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
THat would be pretty discouraging to be by yourself in a completely new environment . Even if you dont find anyone, you'll probably at least get used to your surroundings and that will ease the stress of living, a bit .
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2006, 11:08 AM   #39
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, I'm at Loyola. I haven't met any "weird ass" people yet, but those are usually the people I get on with best. My roommate has every season of Friends and the OC on DVD and I don't know what to make of that. The only other DVD she brought was The Notebook. She's been to a party every night since we've been here, and always gets back in very late. The other students in general seem very rude and snobby, you know, judgmental in the way I hear them talk about other people. And I am sort of sick of talking about music. I realize that it's something that can connect people, but when I was in high school I didn't know anyone who liked the same music I did, and it didn't really matter to me. And whenever someone asks me what music I like, I can't help but think of my brother Sam, who is a freshman in high school, and who doesn't listen to music. And everyone thinks he's a bit off because of that. So I guess I don't know why the music thing is such a big deal to people when it comes to who you make friends with.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.25.2006, 11:11 AM   #40
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

I have a friend who doesn't listen to music.

Don't worry, Lux, you'll find somebody who you can tolerate.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth