Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I want to get beaten
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.14.2009, 08:37 AM   #4701
al shabbray

I dont want to be single, too.
but its good when you become one if you are able to see the good sites of it and enjoy yourself, I think.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 04:51 PM   #4702
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
hey there everyone
hope you had a great day

bought the new clark and bibio cds today, they're both awesome of course (already knew them actually...). the bibio one looks incredibly cool, glad i bought it. (the clark one looks cool as well, obviously!)
SYRFox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 04:56 PM   #4703
al shabbray

who are those deadfunny kids in your sig, fox?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 04:59 PM   #4704
SYRFox
invito al cielo

SYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's assesSYRFox kicks all y'all's asses
ahah, i don't know. they totally look like me and my brother when we were kiddies though. i had already seen this a long time ago, and then a few weeks ago some dude on another board i go to (though i don't post on there as often as i do on here) put it as his avatar, so i was like "hey let's put them on there"
Old 07.15.2009, 06:09 PM   #4705
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
I keep hearing "everydayI'mhustlin'hustlin'hustlin'" while watching them...
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.15.2009, 10:11 PM   #4706
Seandi
stalker

Seandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's assesSeandi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by static-harmony
Damn I haven't been single in almost three years.
Nice, isn't it?
Seandi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 02:24 AM   #4707
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
i've got a package from nicfit waiting for me at home !!!

YEAAAH!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 02:34 AM   #4708
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
yeeeeh!
I'm your dealer!
Old 07.16.2009, 02:36 AM   #4709
al shabbray

good Morning yall.
here is the mentioned tune I made two days ago. I think it sounds like the sun is shining out of someones a**.
let me know what you guys & gals think, composition-wise, sound-wise and mix-wise of course. even if its shit, honesty n stuff, you know
btw its under 2 minutes, so I am not stealing alot of your time, hrhrhr

here is the link:

http://soundcloud.com/catsleeph/funny-belly-hair

edit: am I the only one who thinks the waveform looks kinda...sexual and/or militant?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 03:08 AM   #4710
nicfit
invito al cielo

Ok, fast opinions:

nice!
about the sound, sounds like pretty well balanced to me, and reminds me a bit of Holy Fuck's Lovely Allen (and it's a good thing since I fuckin' love their LP).
mix-wise I'd make the "main beat" and the bass a little more separated somehow, sound a bit too dead center to me.

there's a little "hiccup" 28 secs in, I know the loops aren't supposed to be "dead on" but that's a little too noticeable imo.

If you had the chance to record an "open", slow-ish cello melody over this it would sound amazing imo.

imo imo imo imo imo imo
Old 07.16.2009, 04:12 AM   #4711
al shabbray

nice!!! thanks for the input nicfit. I know what you mean by the hiccup, it comes in that part every second bar. that beat is like you said not supposed to sound dead on, it was far more swinging before...I think its okay for me, but I appreciate what you ve said.
you are right bout the dead center of the D n B...
and unfortunately I got no chance of recording a chello over it, but indeed I could imagine it to be pretty...pretty
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 10:37 AM   #4712
al shabbray

@nicfit:
here, I tried to make the bass wider, which was a good idea!!!
of course the whole volume of the rest of the track comes a lil bit down, but I think it makes it sound fuller and got more oomph.
let me know nicfit which version do you prefer, Ive let them both up...
here is the new version:

http://soundcloud.com/catsleeph/funny_for_nic
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 11:24 AM   #4713
nicfit
invito al cielo

says: "Please sign up or log in to listen to this track". I dunno where my login infos are, could you make it "public" somehow like the previous one?
Old 07.16.2009, 11:28 AM   #4714
al shabbray

oh, I forgot. just a minute...

edit: done. the link should work now
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.16.2009, 02:15 PM   #4715
SYRFox
invito al cielo

I am enjoying Funny Belly Hair a lot, shabbray. One more great track from the shabbray camp
Old 07.17.2009, 04:50 PM   #4716
al shabbray

thank you very much fox, did you compared both versions? one is called "funny belly hair" the other one is "funny for nic" there is a difference in the bass segment. one is dead center like nic mentioned and the other one is wider. I really wanna know what sounds better from you guys.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.18.2009, 02:55 PM   #4717
SYRFox
invito al cielo

Yep I listened to both, I prefer the new one, though the old one was good as well.

--

Damn, been to the Dour Festival yesterday, was great. I saw:

Au Revoir Simone: better than I thought it would be. I thought it would be boring electropop, but I actually liked their melancholic tunes. Kinda reminded me of Telepathe

Deerhoof: as greedrex would say, it fookin ruled. A lot of fun involved - at one point they were playing with a basket ball, at one other the singer was trying to kick both guitarists. Really really enjoyed

L-Vis 1990: We only wanted to have fun and dance like fools at this point so we didn't really care about the music - a basic techno DJ set. He's not really good though, the crossfades between the tracks were not great at all, and there were too many segments without beats - come on, you're only going to see those kind of DJs because you want to dance, so he should not mess for too long and go straight into the beat

Killing Joke: killer set. I don't know them very well, but I liked their set. Jaz Coleman is completely mad. "Imagine someone tells you you have only three years left to live!! WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?! YOU'RE GOING TO DO A LIST!!! OF ALL THE THINGS YOU WANT TO DO!!!!! And when it will be the day when you have to leave, YOU WILL LOOK AT THE SKY!!!"

and, last but not least...

Animal Collective!! third time I saw them, still completely incredible - might be my favorite show I've seen by them actually. The transitions between the tracks were awesomely done (and often abrasive), there were new elements everywhere in all tracks, the light works and projections beautiful.

Setlist:

Chores (the new version is beautiful, it begins with a long ambient intro)
Leaf House (fantastic transition)
Summertime Clothes (massive kicks everywhere involved!)
What Would I Want Sky (keeps getting more and more awesome)
Slippi (they brought back the screams!! I thought I was going to die of happiness)
Bleed (their new track, I was really happy to see it; it was magnifiscent)
My Girls (epileptic lightshow)
Lion In A Coma (still great...)
Daily Routine (Panda changed one or two of his vocal lines and it was really beautiful)
Fireworks (ultra-extended version... the middle jam keeps getting greater. Everytime I see them I'm like, man, this is getting a bit boring, they should not play it anymore, and then I'm seeing it and I'm like "this is really great")
Brother Sport (pure awesome bliss obviously.)

I thought they were touching perfection. It was really mindblowing.
Also it was kind of fun, they were playing at 23.30 and Killing Joke's set ended at 23.00, so I could have seen the beginning of Mercury Rev's set, but I decided to go straight into the tent where AC were going to play, even though I was going to have to wait 30 minutes, in order to find a good place to see the show (I ended fourth or fifth row, center, so it was perfect). And their gear was already onstage, surrounded by violet lights, and there was already a lot of people, everybody was sitting down, it looked a bit like a sect, but it was great.
Fuck Buttons were playing after AC but unfortunately I missed them, as my uncle & aunts, who were going with me (and drove the car...) had seen the Mercury Rev set under the rain and were kind of iced, plus tired.
Old 07.21.2009, 05:40 AM   #4718
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
photo alergy? like, you can't stand people taking pictures of you?

(bad attempt at a joke, but hey, i have a lunchbreak and i'm enjoying a ham and cheese sandwich so why not try)

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.21.2009, 07:36 AM   #4719
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Sorry to hear about your sun allergy, Nefeli. Hope you make a speedy recovery from it. Was you out camping again?

At least you have sun over there - here in London it is cloudy, and is threatening to rain.

Hope that everyone here is keeping well in general
Old 07.21.2009, 08:55 AM   #4720
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Nefeli - I've not having any holiday time at the moment, but am planning to later on the year. The next thing I'm doing is going up to the Supersonic festival in Birmingham this Saturday, which I'm really looking forward to.
186226233234235 236 237238239246 > »
-->

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth