Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Can creationists get any stupider or more pathetic?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.18.2007, 10:30 AM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
‘This most beautiful system of the sun, planets, and comets, could only proceed from the counsel and dominion of an intelligent Being. … This Being governs all things, not as the soul of the world, but as Lord over all; and on account of his dominion he is wont to be called “Lord God” παντοκρατωρ [pantokratňr], or “Universal Ruler”. … The Supreme God is a Being eternal, infinite, absolutely perfect.’
‘Opposition to godliness is atheism in profession and idolatry in practice. Atheism is so senseless and odious to mankind that it never had many professors.’

Sir Isaac Newton, Principia Mathematica

400 years ago, being an athiest would have got you and your family KILLED.
Of course it never had many prfessors back then
Old 06.18.2007, 02:02 PM   #42
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
400 years ago, being an athiest would have got you and your family KILLED.
Of course it never had many prfessors back then

so you believe that Newton owned twelve bibles and studied biblical texts and literature in six languages simply to pull a fast one over the Church? that is a shit load of effort just to create a deception of convenience....

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2007, 02:42 PM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
so you believe that Newton owned twelve bibles and studied biblical texts and literature in six languages simply to pull a fast one over the Church? that is a shit load of effort just to create a deception of convenience....

wha? huh?

what I said had nothing to do with newton, and everything to do with the silent athiets that were around back then. newton was a religious man, noone denies that!
Old 06.18.2007, 05:19 PM   #44
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
The secret of a good sermon is to have a good beginning and a good ending, then having the two as close together as possible.

ha ha ha

yeah like t=0

----

ps for those discussion netwon, that's newton's philosophy not science. see, in those times, "science" was known as "natural science" and practiced as part metaphysical speculation part actual observation and experimentation. kant for example speculated about the size of the universe taking into account newton's ideas of gravity (he claimed it was infinite so the gravities would balance out).

--

well i've wasted enough time on the internet already, and it was enjoyable but i must go.

have fun etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.18.2007, 08:15 PM   #45
LittlePuppetBoy
expwy. to yr skull

LittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's assesLittlePuppetBoy kicks all y'all's asses
There was one of those creation museums that opened in Alberta (I believe) , ironically close to a natural history museum (which I have visited). There was a story about it on the news. In one part they were interviewing a very pro-creationist woman, after which my mother said "gee, I wonder if her kids are homeschooled."

LittlePuppetBoy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.19.2007, 01:44 AM   #46
Florya
expwy. to yr skull

Florya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's assesFlorya kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Fair enough, if it works for them. I just can't personally identify with it. As SC alluded to, the problem arises when someone attempts to hoist their beliefs on others, or effect policy in relation to them.

Could happen.
In a recent debate between Republican GOP candidates, 3 (some say 4) of the men aiming to become the leader of the most powerful nation on the planet rejected evolution in favour of creationism.

http://www.galluppoll.com/content/?ci=27847

listening mirror @ Soundcloud http://soundcloud.com/listening-mirror

Florya is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth