Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page money money money, mo-ney... MONEY!!
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.22.2008, 05:07 PM   #41
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Also, no, I don't have a family to care for but ... well, I don't know if I should really mention this but fuck it... I do pay for pretty much everything of my girlfriend's, she's actually in debt. So......

That's not including my mom and just about everyone else I know borrowing money from me all the time.

And even when I buy Nintendo games, they're used for real cheap.

All I eat is ramen, spaghetti, and Chinese food. And my car gets 42 miles to a gallon and only cost $500. So, yeah, I guess you could make a point that not everyone only wants ramen or a $500 car. But it still proves I can save money with the best of them... because I'm smart, not because my mom lets me sit on my ass and live here for free or whatever you're suggesting.

Thinking about it now, the only bill I don't pay at least half of at this house is the house insurance bill. Also, I don't pay taxes on the house though I let my mom have $200 last time to pay for them.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2008, 05:08 PM   #42
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Yeah I do but I only work at walmart part time and I still pay half the bills here...

So, if I worked there full time and had my own place, I'd still be able to save money like I'm doing now.........

I'm very tight with my money. The only big purchases in the past few years were fixing my car up, which cost like $400, a $300 guitar, and letting my girlfriend borrow $150.

Otherwise, I'm tight as fuck. Just netflix movies and burn them or buy $0.01 vhs tapes form amazon... and when I buy cd's they're always really cheap... I'm tight.
I like you adam cuz you always keep yr cool under any circumstances.
yay for u.
Old 09.22.2008, 05:12 PM   #43
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Also, no, I don't have a family to care for but ... well, I don't know if I should really mention this but fuck it... I do pay for pretty much everything of my girlfriend's, she's actually in debt. So......

Damn,
you must have really enjoyed her finger up your butt

(p.s. I'm just teasing)
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.22.2008, 05:13 PM   #44
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Haha thanks. Well, there's no reason to be pissy, floatingslowly almost made a good point but I needed to clarify some things.

It's harder to be out on your own, PERIOD, not just from a money standpoint..

Anyway, my shitty Wal-Mart checks only equaly about $500 per check ($1000 to $1500 a month), and I honestly think having only $9000 after making a good $36000-$40000 in the past 3 years is actually pretty shitty. But hey.

Old 09.22.2008, 05:15 PM   #45
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Are you serious?!
1500 a month?!?

Holy shit, dude
Why the fuck are you working at Wal-Mart?
Old 09.22.2008, 05:16 PM   #46
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
Damn,
you must have really enjoyed her finger up your butt

(p.s. I'm just teasing)

I don't feel comfortable talking about this stuff sometimes because no one in real life knows this stuff except me and her. She lives at home and her mom doesn't know this stuff because she's embarassed by it. Also, she posts on here occassionally as I've said before but I don't think she'll see this.

I just give her money from every paycheck I make to help her out. She's ran up credit card debts and she has a few habits that are pretty.. insane... she collects $500 dolls and makes anime character costumes and all this shit. She has a $300 car payment on her BRAND NEW car plus $100 insurance a month. I just, you know, help her out. I usually drive when we go out. And I always pay for dinner and movies and whatever. At the end of the day, it's difficult, because I don't feel she truely appreciates all that I do for her. But I love her.

And her stinkfinger.

Old 09.22.2008, 05:18 PM   #47
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptowonderdruginvogue
Are you serious?!
1500 a month?!?

Holy shit, dude
Why the fuck are you working at Wal-Mart?

$1000-1500 a month is great for part time isn't it?

I had to work really hard to get merit raises and shit and I'm the frozen foods 3rd shift department manager now, so I could eventually make more than I make now. It's good pay for what I spend I guess, and it's an easy job. I just stand around and help order shit.

One day, I want to be a court room typist or a secretary considering I type 149 words per minute. But right now, living at home and trying to be in a band that plays live and so on and so forth, I don't want that much responsibility yet.. at least until my girlfriend moves out.

Old 09.22.2008, 05:18 PM   #48
greedrex
invito al cielo

greedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's assesgreedrex kicks all y'all's asses
^^^dedication.
Old 09.22.2008, 05:20 PM   #49
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

Quote:
$1000-1500 a month is great for part time isn't it?

I had to work really hard to get merit raises and shit and I'm the frozen foods 3rd shift department manager now, so I could eventually make more than I make now. It's good pay for what I spend I guess, and it's an easy job. I just stand around and help order shit.

One day, I want to be a court room typist or a secretary considering I type 149 words per minute. But right now, living at home and trying to be in a band that plays live and so on and so forth, I don't want that much responsibility yet.. at least until my girlfriend moves out.

Oh, part time

I have no idea if that's good or bad for part time
I was just sayin, that's not much if you're working full time busting your ass
Old 09.22.2008, 05:23 PM   #50
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Hm. Lemme think. If I worked full time, I'd be making $2000 at the least probably. Which maybe doesn't seem like much but that equals roughly $24,000 a year (actually more since some months there are 3 pay checks), which is roughly the average income for a person in Bartholomew County, where I live at. So, I don't think it's bad, especially when you consider that I don't do much.

It's easy to be rich, if you're smart and/or want to work hard. If a person really wanted to, they could work 3 jobs for a year or work at some shitty factory making a ton of money for a year or live in their car or whatever. These aren't things most people would be comfortable doing, especially since most people seem to get in debt as soon as they're old enough to get a credit card, but the reason I work part time is so I can actually enjoy my life for a few more years. I'm actually busy quite often for someone who works part time... and though it'd be nice to be rich, I'd rather enjoy my life. Money isn't everything.

Most people I know who bitch about money smoke 2 cartons of cigarettes a week or get drunk every other night or run up credit cards or whatever. I'm proud of myself for not doing that. I mean, robotussin is only $7 a bottle!

I hope people don't think it's wrong of me to be proud of my accomplishments... what people on here may not know is that I grew up with nothing. I mean, we were the poorest family ever. Everything that I have that is of an value, I've paid for myself... everyone else had cars when they were 16, I didn't get one until I was 19.. that I paid for myself. $500 but it's ran great for 3 years!

Old 09.22.2008, 05:24 PM   #51
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

Damn...

Sometimes I forget how real/rough it is for a pimp out in the world
Old 09.23.2008, 03:56 AM   #52
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
For money, I'm going to buy a lot of bad mortgages, package them all together, call it a structured investment vehicle, sell it to some sap for fucking bills, and bounce.

Don't worry about the sap, though, your tax dollars will cover his ass.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2008, 05:39 AM   #53
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I need more money. I know that I am not alone here, and I also know that there are most likely people here who once were in the same debunkle as I, and they have found ways to get out of it. My question: what are some good ways to make easy money? And no, I'm not lazy, what I mean is doing something you like for a living without needing a degree to back it up. Have you gotten a job that normally requires experience or a degree when you yourself did not have said experience or degree? How did you go about it?

And if your reply is going to be along the lines of "Sorry, but you have to have a degree to get a good job" then please don't bother, because I know that is simply not always true.

work 55 hours a week as I did. I made $5000 in 2 months.
it was all about selling cigarettes to brothas in a bad looking ghetto neighborhood in Baltimore (the greatest city in America), but it was well worth it.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2008, 06:29 AM   #54
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

I have to agree that getting a degree isn't mandatory in getting a decent job. I hate the people I know who go to school thinking they're going to be millionaires or people who are mad at me because I have never attended college. I always thought going to college was for the pursuit of learning and for the knowledge/experience gained (and a degree of course) and not so much about "I'm going to get fucking rich after I graduate!" Like, the only college I'd be interested in going to is probably an art school, and I highly doubt any degrees I'd get from there would help me much in life. If people wanted to be doctors or lawyers, they could easily do that.. like I said, we could all be rich pretty easily if we were really committed to that. But meh.

Old 09.23.2008, 07:54 AM   #55
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, don't forget crypto, we don't all roll like you do. You are like the McCain of this board. "What? You all don't have 7 houses? Oh, you work part time. Then you must have, like, 4 houses, right?"

And yes, I do have a family to take care of, but the book store thing might work for evenings. I was also thinking about Mcdonald's, only because they have a 24 hour drive-thru. I would just be dead all the time.

EDIT: Thanks Shaka Lacka, I'll check out that book.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2008, 09:11 AM   #56
greedrex
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
Yeah, don't forget crypto, we don't all roll like you do. You are like the McCain of this board. "What? You all don't have 7 houses? Oh, you work part time. Then you must have, like, 4 houses, right?"

AMEN!!!
Old 09.23.2008, 09:11 AM   #57
greedrex
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaka Moloch
Yeah if you have kids that's where the money is.
AMEN!
Old 09.23.2008, 10:38 AM   #58
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well, there's no reason to be pissy, floatingslowly almost made a good point but I needed to clarify some things.

ALMOST? fuck off!!

that said...

what you've been able to save is awesome, and despite what greedRx says, I wasn't being nasty (or at least, wasn't meaning to). just sayin' yr condition did not seem to apply to what afterthefact is looking for.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.23.2008, 10:40 AM   #59
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Okay.

Old 09.23.2008, 10:43 AM   #60
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
she .... makes anime character costumes

omifuck, she's a weeaboo/wapanese??

that's fucking DISGUSTING and definitely NOT OK(ay).
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth