Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page there is no god
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.04.2007, 06:26 PM   #41
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip Priest
I know Fighting Talk very well. Fine programme.

Thank you.

Im in off season withdrawal... its not nice. Ive only got Kermodes Film reviews to see me thru now
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 06:35 PM   #43
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't call the "devil" a good guy.
To me in most cases religion is hope that people lean on when they need it most.

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 06:36 PM   #44
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
all right i give, you now have permmision to make fun of me and say how i am a crazy shit head or whatever if u feel the need to say it in order to glorify your gods today.
But i did not once insult any of you all i said what was my beliefs and that your beileifs were wrong and it offended almost all of you and you did the classic reaction of relgois people and reply back with anger. so maybe there is a god but i still dont trust organised relgion or most relgios people. thats my conclusion thanks for some insight
Old 06.04.2007, 06:39 PM   #45
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
all you said was that everyones beliefs were wrong... shit... thank god for irony eh.
Old 06.04.2007, 06:41 PM   #46
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

sellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard suckasellouteater cold hard sucka
i said your beliefs were wrong and you said mine were wrong and the diffence was most of you replyed with anger
Old 06.04.2007, 06:41 PM   #47
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sellouteater
all right i give, you now have permmision to make fun of me and say how i am a crazy shit head or whatever if u feel the need to say it in order to glorify your gods today.
But i did not once insult any of you all i said what was my beliefs and that your beileifs were wrong and it offended almost all of you and you did the classic reaction of relgois people and reply back with anger. so maybe there is a god but i still dont trust organised relgion or most relgios people. thats my conclusion thanks for some insight

How did you not insult us? You just said it there yourself, you said our beliefs are wrong. How can you not expect a degree of hostility?
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 06:43 PM   #48
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

disagreeing with someone is totaly differnt then insulting someone
Old 06.04.2007, 06:44 PM   #49
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I think saying someone's beliefs are flat out wrong is highly disrespectful, and I'd class it as an insult.
Old 06.04.2007, 06:45 PM   #50
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

well i'm sorry if that insulted you but thats still my opinon
Old 06.04.2007, 06:46 PM   #51
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

I called you a bellend because you used the word "cult" as it is a part of my username, despite the fact id made no references to cults in any way shape or form. I imagine you are drunk, even more so than me.
Old 06.04.2007, 06:48 PM   #52
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
selloutloser isn't getting attention at home, hoe nice that everyone here are looking at him and all.

next time, he'll probably spill spaghetti over his head.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 06:48 PM   #53
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Well, it is usually necessary for one to completely doubt the existence of God before one ever truly believes, and this is integral to the hypocrisy among religious believers.
Religious "believers," by and large, are essentially culturally herded via fearmongering into one form of institutional, dogmatic religious thought or another.
As Socrates reminds, "all philosophy begins with doubt."
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 06:48 PM   #54
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
I called you a bellend because you used the word "cult" as it is a part of my username, despite the fact id made no references to cults in any way shape or form. I imagine you are drunk, even more so than me.
i did not even realize your name had cult in it and i am not drunk
Old 06.04.2007, 06:48 PM   #55
sellouteater
the end of the ugly

i'm high
Old 06.04.2007, 06:49 PM   #56
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellouteater
well i'm sorry if that insulted you but thats still my opinon

Okay, I accept your apology. I don't like arguing with people on this board, but you got me all riled up there.
Old 06.04.2007, 06:50 PM   #57
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Well, it is usually necessary for one to completely doubt the existence of God before one ever truly believes, and this is integral to the hypocrisy among religious believers.
Religious "believers," by and large, are essentially culturally herded via fearmongering into one form of institutional dogmatic religious thought or another.
As Socrates reminds, "all philosophy begins with doubt."

i agree with this.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 07:01 PM   #58
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
The only fact sellouteater is "I think, therefor I exist." That is all anyone can be sure of.

Quote:
when you think about it the devil is the god guy.
Actually, when I think about it I don't think the devil is a good guy. . . because good and bad are constructs of the human mind. It so happens when you think about it the devil looks to be a good guy, but when I think about it I may think differently.

Quote:
The devil has never flooded the whole earth, starved millions of peole, and demanded that everyone worship him.
But happened to be a major player in the holocaust, kennedy's assassination, jesus's death, the russian revolution (including the execution of the Czar) and a bunch of other stuff according to the Rolling Stones.

The concept of Devil = bad and God = good can't be looked at so lightly. Moral boundaries and good and evil are constructs of the mind rationalizing things and restricted to societies. Who questions the morality of a predatory animal besides really dumb vegans? The Devil and God are both beings that have created their own moral codes, as any being can do. The difference between the Devil's and God's interaction with mankind is that God encourages people to adhere to their personal moral codes, where the Devil encourages a person to break their moral codes. And it is important to say break and not reshape or change. Because if you change your moral codes to allow you to kill someone and you do kill someone, you do not suffer from it. But if you believe it is wrong to kill someone and you do, you experience much suffering. The devil would be the master manipulator.

But you may argue, "but Julian, didn't God instruct Abraham to sacrifice his only son?" To which I'd argue that it demonstrates Abraham working in his own moral code, being a Knight of Faith towards God's ultimate benevolance and break the common code of morals.

You could argue that satan encourages people to be Knights of Faith too. Well if you stand by that, I'd say he encourages them to be faitful to self-indulgence. Where as God would encourage self-fulfillment.

Considering the flood, the plagues of egypt, etc. : God like any individual is not restricted by some natural moral code. (a natural moral codes is a fabrication and complete bunk) in a much larger view of things that God would have, since the soul is immortal, death would be rather unmeaningful in the infinite existence of that soul and would bring them great peace. From a human position, people suffer through death, families miss relatives, etc. But from an omnisicient, infinite, assumed benevolant god POV, death isn't all that bad and is part of the order of the world.

I'm not saying satan is bad, and god is good, I'm just looking into them a bit instead of making face value judgments.
Quote:
Satan is said to be so charming you would think that hes god, sounds like a nice guy to me.
Anyone intending to manipulate you is charming.

Quote:
Religion is a terrible thing.
Religion is what you do with it. Nothing is inherently evil.

Quote:
I believe in being a good person and think most people do but lies about saviors have nothing to do about it.
Once again being a "good person" is very much a matter of opinion, as well as lies and truth. And saviors do have a lot to do with a person's desire to do good. Everyone has a savior. That savior is meaning. It is what keeps people going, keeps them at their futile effort to push a large boulder up an infinitely steep mountain. We all give our meaningless lives meaning to make it worth living for our feeble intellect. Some people do it by religion, others prescribe to other things. Music is one man's savior, Jesus another's.

Quote:
The leader of the churches are notorois for currption, rascism, and child molstation what does that tell you.

ummm, that is just people in general

Quote:
religion scares people into thinking they a love a liar ego freak named jesus christ.

I don't see how anyone can consider Jesus Christ to be an egotistical liar. A believer obviously wouldn't, but it isn't logically sound for a nonbeliever to believe Christ to be a liar. If you believe that the resurrection and the conception of Christ were fabrications, why would you believe the quotes from him aren't? There isn't like some roman newspaper saying "Jesus of Nazareth claims he is the son of God! Executed! But says he will rise from the dead!" The only quotes we have from him are from one source- religious texts, and if you have no faith in that source, passing judgement upon him is very presumptuous.

Quote:
PLEASE WAKE UP.
Wake up to your undeniable infallible truth? Truth. Ha.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 07:04 PM   #59
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I don't like athiests. Apparently, a small proportion of them molest children.

teehee
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.04.2007, 07:05 PM   #60
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I am not a religious person, and that is my choice, but if people want to be involved with god or some other entity, that is their choice. And they are not wrong as I am not wrong for having this view on religion. Some people may disagree with me, but that is them. Only a few go to incredible lenghts to be maniacs, not everyone. I know so many nice people who are my friends and they are all very religious, they are not fanatics going and trying to convert everyone by force. Sorry sellouteater but you are wrong.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth