Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Insomnia
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.10.2009, 05:20 PM   #41
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
hedge mumper
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:20 PM   #42
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Earth Mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:22 PM   #43
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
diddycoy
Old 02.10.2009, 05:23 PM   #44
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666

I'm off to deliberate over the decline of the empire with the local vicar.

"still they will, still they will, define the burdens of empire, by the moral decline, all in the present, its not so real, after all this time has come, how much longer? naive to have ever thought, that anything could be done.. now everything is lost, everything is lost.. naive to have ever thought, that anything could be done..now everything is lost.. everything is lost.."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
This is such a fucking Londoner thing to say. Just because Dalston Kingsland doesn't have a decent cardiac hole doesn't mean the rest of the country isn't swimming in its own pigfat. I can get a sausage, bacon and black pudding buttie at work for less than a pound. Less than a pound!

man, I have no idea what the fuck you just said and I've been speaking english since I was born!

ye'ene metefah neber teaderegaleh..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:25 PM   #45
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
diddycoy

Coxcomb.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 02.10.2009, 05:27 PM   #46
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i can never actually say the word "insomnia" when i do i just say it like in the song by Faithless with this loopy sound going in me head going .. "insommmmnia" and then its usually followed by "i cannnn get no sleep"
Old 02.10.2009, 05:29 PM   #47
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Flid

EDIT: That was directed at Glice, not you Fishmonkey.
Old 02.10.2009, 05:29 PM   #48
Glice
invito al cielo

Well, at least you haven't heard THAT FUCKING bunch of Welsh pricks whose name I've entirley forgotten but not that piss awful song. Bollocks, what were they called? That song about the Lemon... Buck Rogers... what was their fucking name?

Quote:
Old 02.10.2009, 05:30 PM   #49
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Flid

Spacker.

Quote:
Old 02.10.2009, 05:32 PM   #50
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Well, at least you haven't heard THAT FUCKING bunch of Welsh pricks whose name I've entirley forgotten but not that piss awful song. Bollocks, what were they called? That song about the Lemon... Buck Rogers... what was their fucking name?

more of this gibberish! and I hang out with jamaicans! I can understand any patois, but not UK english... its like Peter Tosh said," My whole life I've been talkin in English but I still no like it, I still can not understand English!"

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:34 PM   #51
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
This is crap. It's 4am and I've tried everything: cocoa, watching a film, reading through the 'world music' thread and nothing seems to work. I've been like this for years now and it's a real pain. I usually don't get to sleep until around 6 or 7 in the morning and even then don't get more than about three or four hours actual sleep. It's OK while I'm not working but I start teaching again on Friday and desperately need to regulate my sleep pattern Anyone else suffer from this? Or, better still, anyone who used to suffer from it but found a way of sorting it out - without going on to sleeping tablets or reading Beowolf.

Last night was my first in a while.. Im not sure I even fell asleep before 5 am and its now 9 26.. I've just pulled myself out of bed after laying spread out across the bed widthways for the last hour after I woke from my wonderful 2 hrs sleep.

In the past a lot of mine was coupled with other mental issues.. You dont seem to have mentioned any of those.

You did mention you're in an arts related field.. drawings and concepts and imagery swarm my head if I lay there unable to sleep for more than an hour.. In the end I need to get up and write things down. That might help depending on what is happening in your head while you're unable to sleep.. I know sometimes I dont even seem to have 'thoughts'. Its just an inability to stop 'processing' kind of feeling.

If it happens for more than a day or two, I take valerian and make the effort to avoid electrical stimuli for the last 3 hours I plan on being awake. In the past my psychiatrist used to prescribe temazepam for a week or two to get my pattern back but, I never felt like I had actually been asleep after waking up.

Herbal remedies and prep for bed are the best imho. For once I agree with !@#$%!
Old 02.10.2009, 05:37 PM   #52
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:

Buck Rogers
Insomnia. Feeder was the band. Gash they were too.

Quote:
Old 02.10.2009, 05:42 PM   #53
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Oh yeah, I couldn't work that out either but seems obvious now. They were shit.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:43 PM   #54
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

man, I have no idea what the fuck you just said and I've been speaking english since I was born!

ye'ene metefah neber teaderegaleh..

Hahahaha! Brilliant.

Also kudos for being prepared for the world and learning English before you were born. Very organised.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:45 PM   #55
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
i can never actually say the word "insomnia" when i do i just say it like in the song by Faithless with this loopy sound going in me head going .. "insommmmnia" and then its usually followed by "i cannnn get no sleep"

HEY!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:55 PM   #56
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
HEY HEY!
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 05:59 PM   #57
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Gabba Gabba Hey!
Old 02.10.2009, 06:38 PM   #58
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
more of this gibberish! and I hang out with jamaicans! I can understand any patois, but not UK english... its like Peter Tosh said," My whole life I've been talkin in English but I still no like it, I still can not understand English!"

To be honest, nothing Glice has said in this thread so far could really be considered English, as such. From what I understand it's more an elaborate form of incantation created by his ancestors many centuries ago in order to ward off things like plague, and progress. I suppose in that sense, Glice's community is quite similar to the various Amish ones you have in the US. Only where they sell mostly wicker, the main source of income for his comes mostly from selling pegs and multi-packs of brillo pads at what we refer to as boot sales. Saying that, many now blend into modern society quite well, although it's still customary even now to see their women-folk (known within his community as Wombs) wearing headscarves similar to the one shown in this picture.

Old 02.10.2009, 06:54 PM   #59
NWRA
children of satan

NWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's assesNWRA kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Call me old fashioned but wouldn't a humble alarm clock sort out any potential problems in that department?

I usually sleep through it but then when I wake-up I have a vague recollection of having heard an alarm, and turned it off, while being asleep. It's odd.

Does anyone sleepwalk? I used to have a problem with it. Once on a schooltrip to Scotland, I was asleep while I climbed down from my bunkbed, undressed myself and pissed on my friend. It was awesome. Shame I wasn't able to see his face.
NWRA is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.10.2009, 06:58 PM   #60
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Something not that dissimilar happened to me last Christmas. Only in my case the problem wasn't sleepwalking but Smirnoff.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth