Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Things are not ok
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2009, 02:23 PM   #41
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, PM me yr address and a description of the tunes you like and I will send ya a shitton of tunage
Old 05.26.2009, 02:25 PM   #42
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Count me in too. I'd be happy to make a mix tape for ya.
Old 05.26.2009, 02:28 PM   #43
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
I could rant on about what exactly is wrong, but I'll try to keep it short: Nothing happens in my life aside from the daily routine. I get on the bus, go to school, talk to some people I hang out with, avoid awkward conversations with people I sort-of know, go home, then start again the next day. Weekends are spent at home 75% of the time. My friends live too far away. Worst of all is the total inability to make music. It was probably the only thing I did in my free time, and something I was actually satisfied with for a small time, but now everything that motivated me is gone.

I understand that life gets better after high school, but I want to know if there is a way to cope with it. I am actually scared that I will kill myself sometime soon if something does not change. Seriously. This is not a sympathy thread. I don't want to hear "everything will be ok". I want to hear your experiences and how you coped with them. Thanks.

What grade are you in?? The further in highschool people get it seems the more depressed they become. If I hadn't left my highschool in willmar, I probably would have committed suicide. I tried twice - once as a freshmen, once as a sophmore. And seriously I think it is because of routine. I felt like I was fucking meaningless, you know? No purpose, that sort of shit.

But things are better now.

What you need is a change of scenery.. Dave was right about working out, it makes you feel good and look good! And what helped me getting out of my funk was making new friends. Not like I was all, "FUCK YOU." to the old ones, but drifting in social circles does help eliviate stress. Maybe having more in depth conversations with those people you sort of know would do you good??

I really wish you peace. Maybe take a yoga class? It sounds sort of lame, but my self-esteem and mental health have been faring pretty amazingly since I started my yoga class. Its the mix of movement and meditation that helps, and if you have a good instructor it can be pretty psychologically beneficial too.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 02:32 PM   #44
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Start your own business. You won't have time to get frustrated.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 02:43 PM   #45
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZEROpumpkins
I could rant on about what exactly is wrong, but I'll try to keep it short: Nothing happens in my life aside from the daily routine. I get on the bus, go to school, talk to some people I hang out with, avoid awkward conversations with people I sort-of know, go home, then start again the next day. Weekends are spent at home 75% of the time. My friends live too far away. Worst of all is the total inability to make music. It was probably the only thing I did in my free time, and something I was actually satisfied with for a small time, but now everything that motivated me is gone.

I understand that life gets better after high school, but I want to know if there is a way to cope with it. I am actually scared that I will kill myself sometime soon if something does not change. Seriously. This is not a sympathy thread. I don't want to hear "everything will be ok". I want to hear your experiences and how you coped with them. Thanks.

I was kind of thinking this last Friday on my 19 hour work day. I was really depressed but then I smokked a joint....felt better. I really don't know how to cope with it. I always told myself things may get better...but that doesn't help really...
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 02:43 PM   #46
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
btw it might sound a bit weird but food (the good kind) can do wonders too.. learn how to cook and make stuff that is good for you, you have no idea how much good it does to you. about a year ago i heard how bad my blood was, i lacked all kinds of stuff and had to bring some changes in my diet, and when i started doing that i got a huge burst of energy and felt so much better.

learning how to sing can help too, and really sing how you're 'supposed' to. it is a way of using your body as an instrument, great for your confidence. plus singing releases endorphines, which is better than taking pills..

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 02:54 PM   #47
joe11121
expwy. to yr skull

joe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's assesjoe11121 kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, I feel this way sometimes. Not that my life is dull, just some people are really annoying and make me want to die. Some fun things I do to get my mind off of these things are: play guitar, teach myself a new instrument, play video games, watch a movie/tv, play sports, or learn how to play a new sport that could be a lot of fun, ex. swimming. You can also jog, at first it sucks, but after a while you may find it very relaxing and you will be able to run further. And its a good time spender.
joe11121 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 03:31 PM   #48
The Lung
stalker

The Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's assesThe Lung kicks all y'all's asses
Good advice here. Like people have said exercising really does make you feel better. I recommend cycling as it gets you fit, it's a really good way to get around nature and it gives you time to think about stuff and get a clear head.

Just getting out the house does the world of good, Richard Pryor said something like you gotta keep some sunshine on your face and for me this is so true. This probably isn't for you given your state of mind but the first time i took acid I realized how great life can be if you have motivation and goals. You can get anywhere if you keep a positive attitude and don't let the masses bring you down. Hope everything works out for you man and remember to believe in yourself no matter what.
The Lung is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 03:35 PM   #49
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
The mountains surrounding Asheville are magical. I have put my wishes out to them and am assured the mountains will answer.
Old 05.26.2009, 04:29 PM   #50
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I dunno, I still think World of Warcraft is the answer.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 04:44 PM   #51
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
When it comes to girls, you are probably just not very forward. And I'm not either, hell... I went 2 years without even kissing a girl (and this was from age 14 until now). But... you don't know what will happen in the future.

I now have a girlfriend and I'm very very happy with her. And it just naturally happened. We were best friends for a year or so (and we were boyfriend/girlfriend when we were 13... but I didn't want a girlfriend at that age) and it just got to the point where we felt it was right to go out. I don't quite know what I'm trying to say with this but... don't think of girls as potential girlfriends, think of them as potential friends first. Something will then happen naturally through that I assure you.

I feel like how you feel all the time actually but don't go as harsh as killing yourself. You have your whole life ahead of you.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 05:44 PM   #52
gmku
invito al cielo

This helps a lot. Unconditional love, and very warm on a cold night.

Old 05.26.2009, 05:52 PM   #53
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Man, shit has changed for me in such a short period of time. There was a time I wanted a girlfriend but after seeing my friends being tied down to drama like that put me off. And really the only attraction I had to a relationship was entirely for self-confidence. With time and various flings, that issue with confidence has largely disappeared. Now I have a persistent sense of poise.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 05:55 PM   #54
gmku
invito al cielo

Girls are just like street cars. They come and go.
Old 05.26.2009, 05:56 PM   #55
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I dunno, I still think World of Warcraft is the answer.

lol....it does help
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 05:56 PM   #56
gmku
invito al cielo

I, of course, have no idea what that is.
Old 05.26.2009, 05:59 PM   #57
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
is diablo out already?
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 06:52 PM   #58
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
^^^ not even in beta. yr looking at christmas.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2009, 06:53 PM   #59
gmku
invito al cielo

How about VHS?
Old 05.26.2009, 06:57 PM   #60
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Laserdisc, if yr lucky.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth