Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Are lame parody threads a sign of mental retardation?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.20.2009, 11:57 AM   #41
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
that's an awful lot of goddamn there, tiger.

sure it's yr right. just as it's their right to post whatever the goddamn hell they please.

yr not really listening to what I'm trying to tell you though.

my point is (for the fourth(?) time), if you hate them so fucking bad, let 'em die! bumping the threads and calling the posters morons only further incentivizes future parodies and keeps the threads at the top.

you might also have to eventually come to terms with the fact that not everyone is here to entertain YOU.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 11:59 AM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
that's an awful lot of goddamn there, tiger.

sure it's yr right. just as it's their right to post whatever the goddamn hell they please.

yr not really listening to what I'm trying to tell you though.

my point is (for the fourth(?) time), if you hate them so fucking bad, let 'em die! bumping the threads and calling the posters morons only further incentivizes future parodies and keeps the threads at the top.

you might also have to eventually come to terms with the fact that not everyone is here to entertain YOU.
thanks for bumping this thread!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 12:05 PM   #43
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'll bump anything that moves.

and for what it's worth, if the parody thread people made an anti-anti-parody thread people thread ( ), I'd say the same things to them.

all in all, it's the bullshit that keeps the board moving (and that's all I'm interested in).
Old 08.20.2009, 12:06 PM   #44
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I'll bump anything that moves.

and for what it's worth, if the parody thread people made an anti-anti-parody thread people thread ( ), I'd say the same things to them.

all in all, it's the bullshit that keeps the board moving (and that's all I'm interested in).

eat more fiber?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 12:09 PM   #45
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

do stereo-wires count?
Old 08.20.2009, 01:05 PM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Strangled by the stereowire
Cut and depressed in the victim's eye.
With a public finger on a false alarm.
Pulling down in a rush of irreversible lies.

A cold so thick that the static glows.
Leaks off her chest so the people know.
Splintered and strained as the rupture grows.
Is all cynically thrown down a swallowing throat.

Is all cynically thrown down a swallowing throat.
A swallowing throat...
Old 08.20.2009, 01:06 PM   #47
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

thank gawd I'm not the only one who loves that song.

LOAF-LIFE!!!
Old 08.20.2009, 01:18 PM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
when that song gets halfway through and he repeats the lyrics and it BOMBASTS it is sooooo fucking aweosme..... LOUDDDDD
Old 08.20.2009, 01:29 PM   #49
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

I'm got the entire discography on shuffle right now, thanks to you.

I even forgive them for saying that they were "heavily influenced" by the flaming lips.
Old 08.20.2009, 01:31 PM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

they must not be talking about sashimi and th pink robutt
Old 08.20.2009, 02:32 PM   #51
sarramkrop

Quote:

my point is (for the fourth(?) time), if you hate them so fucking bad, let 'em die!

The point is that they don't, so it's only natural, you know, being a music board and all that, that those responsible for posting this shite on a daily basis get a daily battering. Eventually if the battering becomes more intense someone has to give up, especially if you have more and more posters who think that these threads are started by other posters who have a bad track-record for only posting unfunny crap. Survival of the fittest.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 02:38 PM   #52
sarramkrop

And FUCK YOU, YOU ARE HERE TO ENTERTAIN US!
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 03:07 PM   #53
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

but again, that entertainment is relative!

for fucks sake, T&B used Charles Webster Baer, a poster who has copy/pasted the same five things over and over, for AT LEAST the last ten years, as an example of what's "funny".

I'm fairly redundant, but couldn't hope to compete on that level.

weeeeeeeeeeee
Old 08.20.2009, 03:09 PM   #54
sarramkrop

Look, entertainment isn't relative, there is such a thing as bad entertainment. And you know it very well.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 06:37 PM   #55
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Look, entertainment isn't relative, there is such a thing as bad entertainment. And you know it very well.

I sure do! I also know that it's just my opinion.

that, along with obviously innocent ignorance, makes this statement sooo fucking funny:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
and for what it's worth i think pooter and westernquinox are both way more entertaining than most of what passes for humour around here, i'm just saying that because i know people have tried to get them both banned.

"pooter" aka Charles Webster Baer has made an internet career out of posting the same fucking things over and over on every message board that will let him (them) in. copy/paste-threads/responses. but someone out there (along with T&B) thinks that's funny (again: on every board possible....the same thing....over and over and over with next to zero deviation). I'm not even making this up. if you don't know Charles Webster Baer, ask someone who's been on the internet longer. do you know why he spaces out his hyperlinks? it's because any admin worth their salt would have them already keyed-to-ban. how that's less worse than parody threads is beyond me.

westernquinox, on the other hand, has been able to gain local infamy by using "merzbox" and "wolveseysz" etc. their ability to flip lids with seemingly little effort is to be commended. I'm not sure how much you guys can appreciate the difficulty of acting stupid. constant spelling errors are hard to type. I only supported banning them when they singled out pbradley. trolling is one thing, stalking's another.
Old 08.20.2009, 06:44 PM   #56
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
some people think being stupid is the same thing as being funny
Hmmmm.....sounds like a possible topic for a new thread:
"Stupid" humor as opposed to "funny" humor. Examples of each, please...
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 06:56 PM   #57
artsygrrl
the end of the ugly

artsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's assesartsygrrl kicks all y'all's asses
Also, Charles Webster Baer has been around, like, forever. ...if you think him repeating HIMSELF over and over is bad, try putting up with the individual(s) who repeats word for word what the poster right BEFORE him would say..
artsygrrl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 07:13 PM   #58
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
I sure do! I also know that it's just my opinion.

that, along with obviously innocent ignorance, makes this statement sooo fucking funny:

"pooter" aka Charles Webster Baer has made an internet career out of posting the same fucking things over and over on every message board that will let him (them) in. copy/paste-threads/responses. but someone out there (along with T&B) thinks that's funny (again: on every board possible....the same thing....over and over and over with next to zero deviation). I'm not even making this up. if you don't know Charles Webster Baer, ask someone who's been on the internet longer. do you know why he spaces out his hyperlinks? it's because any admin worth their salt would have them already keyed-to-ban. how that's less worse than parody threads is beyond me.

westernquinox, on the other hand, has been able to gain local infamy by using "merzbox" and "wolveseysz" etc. their ability to flip lids with seemingly little effort is to be commended. I'm not sure how much you guys can appreciate the difficulty of acting stupid. constant spelling errors are hard to type. I only supported banning them when they singled out pbradley. trolling is one thing, stalking's another.

i had no idea about the story behind pooter, but if that's his deal and he's been doing that for 10 years then it's even more hilarious
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.20.2009, 07:36 PM   #59
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

true story: my wife called his home once. Charles Webster Baer of Bend, Oregon is in the phonebook. the pussy didn't answer.
Old 08.21.2009, 09:10 PM   #60
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

ok, so...I retract all of that. not because I've changed my mind about what I've said, but because certain threads of late have shown not only tastelessness, but a level of hostility that could use moderation.

I never thought I'd say that, but now, I do. so if one requires moderation because it bothers me, then why not parody threads if they bother you? it would ruin the board, but at this point, does it matter?

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth