Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page weddings
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.05.2007, 01:59 AM   #41
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
my best friend/current roomate is getting married in april. im happy for him, but im not looking foward to it at all. im gonna be the best man, apparently im supposed to give some sorta speach or something, but he told me it was optional. great...cause i dont wannt, if only because i couldnt say the shit i really wanted to say without his, and her...and probally them themselves hating me for all eternity.

i love that boy to death. i love her to death too. i just...shit man...him getting married just symbolizes alotta scarey gowing up sirta shit. throught HS it was me and him....me and him versus the freaking world. we were so full of ideas (almost none of which we ever actually did anything with)...bleh.

im just gonna miss em i guess. ill still see em...its just...not gonna be the same thing anymore.

it almost sounds like we were lovers...not true at all...but we were as close as anyone could possibly ever be to it without actually being that.

are you le drunk?
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 02:18 AM   #42
cryptowonderdruginvogue
invito al cielo

cryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's assescryptowonderdruginvogue kicks all y'all's asses
just wondering
cryptowonderdruginvogue is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 02:48 AM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
uuuugh
i hate them.
my dad's getting married in april...he and i are on better terms now but not the greatest terms. i'm not looking forward to this however. the only reason i ever turn up at weddings is for the free booze. i always end up changing clothes 3 times beforehand as well.

your opinions on weddings and or stories.

why do you change clothes 3 times in advance?

is what i ask

tell mr. cantankerous not to rumple the dress

there are ways
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 09:20 AM   #44
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
my best friend/current roomate is getting married in april. im happy for him, but im not looking foward to it at all. im gonna be the best man, apparently im supposed to give some sorta speach or something, but he told me it was optional. great...cause i dont wannt, if only because i couldnt say the shit i really wanted to say without his, and her...and probally them themselves hating me for all eternity.

i love that boy to death. i love her to death too. i just...shit man...him getting married just symbolizes alotta scarey gowing up sirta shit. throught HS it was me and him....me and him versus the freaking world. we were so full of ideas (almost none of which we ever actually did anything with)...bleh.

im just gonna miss em i guess. ill still see em...its just...not gonna be the same thing anymore.

it almost sounds like we were lovers...not true at all...but we were as close as anyone could possibly ever be to it without actually being that.
You really can't suck it up to say something nice for your friend? You guys are "as close as anyone could possibly ever be," but you won't say some nice words for him at his wedding? If you were really that close, you wouldn't not want to give a best man speech, and you wouldn't have to lie or fake anything in the speech. I don't understand why you are the best man at all if the only reason you won't give the speech is because you wouldn't get to say all the shit that you want to.

I don't know, you're the best man, dude. Maybe it isn't my place, but to me it seems really shitty not to give the speech.
Old 12.05.2007, 09:25 AM   #45
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
My dad got married in 2005, i had to be a bridesmaid so had no say on what i got to wear. The whole thing was very very...................uncomfortable.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 10:32 AM   #46
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Best man speeches almost always get to have the element of "embarrassing anecdote" thrown in there, so I would say run with that, Mr. Skinny. You'll have fun.
My old boss/good friend from my old record store job got married a few weeks ago, and it was the least square/most fun ceremony I have been to. It was in their house, and involved the Rock Music. And James Cromwell was there, which was a surprise to me. The reception was in a great period-perfect early 20th century hotel where F. Scott Fitzgerald used to hang out. Good times. Chocolate fountain!
Getting married helped us with getting our house for sure, since we had zero credit and only even opened a checking account just before buying this place. It was really the only thing that made us look stable legally-wise, as we were both still in our early 20s at the time. Our wedding was pretty relaxed too, and I think it was still one of the best ones I've been to (with Mr Record Store's wedding way up there), even though it was my own. No religious whatnot, no church, outside in May, and extremely cheap. We did the entire thing, including the party we had at our house, for under three or four hundred dollars. I guess the reception dinner wouldn't fall under that, but it was a very small reception at a no-frills vegetarian restaurant and my wife's dad paid for that part of things, which couldn't have been more than a few hundred at most.
It can be done on the cheap, but not if people have their hearts set on the whole "storybook wedding," which holds zero appeal for me. My wife does wedding flower design now, and some people spend thousands on flowers alone, not to speak of all the other stuff. Good god. I have heard of her doing weddings where the people have spend $25,000 just on FLOWERS.
I cannot imagine. I would rather take a trip.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 10:43 AM   #47
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I like weddings. Most of the time the couple getting married is so overjoyed, and friends or family of mine, and it is wonderful to share that time with them.
most weddings I go to are fauirly short (20 minutes tops) unless they are catholic and include a full mass and communion, in which case you are at the wedding for an hour or more.
Old 12.05.2007, 10:47 AM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
who knows man...

marriage is one of those things ill never, ever understand. im sure ill end up doing it at some point in my life, if only to keep some girl and everyone's parents happy.

however, personally, i dont feel like i need some expensive ceremony or a sheet of paper or crappy ring to let someone know i wanna spend the rest of my life with em.

thats just me though.

ahhh, my young friend, you are making the very common mistake of thinking weddings and marriage are the same thing.
marriage is the commitmemnt between two people to combine their lives together.
weddings are the public ceremony that is given so your parents, family, friends, and anyone else that cares about you or your spouse-to-be can come and share in the event, since after that moment you will no longer be you, but you and your wife, or you and your husband.
these are two different things.

weddings are as much or more for the guests and family than for the couple getting married. it helps to see it that way.
Old 12.05.2007, 10:49 AM   #49
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Wise words Rob.
My wife and I were together for six or seven years before getting married, and when people ask me how long we've been married I don't say "13 years," I say "20 years." It's not like the first six+ years didn't count. We'd been living together most of that time and I didn't feel any different after the ceremony.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.05.2007, 09:32 PM   #50
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
why do you change clothes 3 times in advance?

is what i ask

tell mr. cantankerous not to rumple the dress

there are ways
oh you're so clever if you're implying what i think you are. if not, the answer to that question is because i can never decide what to wear but i don't have to worry about that this time.

my dad asked me to be in the wedding, but i declined.
thank god it's not a catholic ceremony. i was so relieved when i heard that.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth