Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Why is Speed a Better Drug than Weed?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.25.2008, 05:03 PM   #41
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
Not true. I grew up here. I know these people. I know who they were and who they are. They are bums because of weed. They listen to jam music, you're right, because they enjoy it. No one enjoys being a bum. We used to make something of life, or try. Now we sit, indescisively, wanting to do something, but having to get the pot to make it something first. Perhaps you're right again and I'm completely blind. Perhaps it is in their defense I blame weed. Either way, without it we'd have more time; and I'm confident with they time we'd actually do something. Or we'd talk, at least - which is nice.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:06 PM   #42
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
people kill a dealer to steal his shit? that has nothing to do with the weed man, and everything to do with the asshole criminal who wants to take advantage of a drug dealer.
the only reason there is crime and bloodshed is because it is ILLEGAL

if it were decriminalized, as it is in spain, and aprts of canada, and italy and the netherlands, and many other places in the world, that bullshit would cease.

yeah im 100% for decriminalization-- but i'm strongly opposed to addiction. people who need to constantly smoke or else they start getting all irritable have a problem. people who perform way below their potential because their brain is constantly clouded by weed have a problem.

i have the same objection againt alcohol & alcoholics. people who show up to work drunk, etc.

the reason there is no precision work done in america is because too many people are stoned and fuck up constantly. i just found out some guy gave the the wrong zip code and my overnight parcel wont be where it was supposed to be this morning. i blame weed.

weed eats out at people's motivation & ambition & they waste their lives.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:08 PM   #43
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
Not true. I grew up here. I know these people. I know who they were and who they are. They are bums because of weed. They listen to jam music, you're right, because they enjoy it. No one enjoys being a bum. We used to make something of life, or try. Now we sit, indescisively, wanting to do something, but having to get the pot to make it something first. Perhaps you're right again and I'm completely blind. Perhaps it is in their defense I blame weed. Either way, without it we'd have more time; and I'm confident with they time we'd actually do something. Or we'd talk, at least - which is nice.

most people when young and idealistic want to amke something of their lives. problem is that even ONE bbad chouice or wrong choice or just plain dumb luck, can thwart those plans. to blame them on weed is simplistic though.
for those people, weed is an anasthetic, like alcohol is for 70-80% PERCENT OF THE POPULATION!
Old 01.25.2008, 05:09 PM   #44
✌➬
invito al cielo

✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses✌➬ kicks all y'all's asses
Decriminalize pot. Make it like alcohol and cigarettes. You know how much money they would gain by doing that?
Old 01.25.2008, 05:10 PM   #45
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
most people when young and idealistic want to amke something of their lives. problem is that even ONE bbad chouice or wrong choice or just plain dumb luck, can thwart those plans. to blame them on weed is simplistic though.
for those people, weed is an anasthetic, like alcohol is for 70-80% PERCENT OF THE POPULATION!

come on, 80% of the population doesn't wake up to a beer breakfast.
Old 01.25.2008, 05:11 PM   #46
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
I shouldn't have written make something of life. What I meant was do something with life.
I don't blame thwarted plans, those I could deal with. I blame lack of plans.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:13 PM   #47
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I fully agree on the smoking all the time shit man. I have never ever gone to work high and would never do so. I will smoke a bit when I get home and again around 9:00PM ro so. that's my thing. I don;t drink though. most people I know have at least 3 drinks every night.
showing up to work high or drunk or on coke or whatever is just plain fucking stupid and unprofessional, regardless of the drugs being ingested.
Old 01.25.2008, 05:13 PM   #48
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
come on, 80% of the population doesn't wake up to a beer breakfast.

neither do 80% of stoners man.
Old 01.25.2008, 05:15 PM   #49
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Meth is death, man. Fuck meth. I will never put that shit in my body. Adderall and methylphenidate aren't that bad but I would never do them in the long term. They leave you apathetic and strung out.

Weed is the drug for me. I know plenty of stoners who are the typical dull mindless moron but it doesn't necessarily make you stupid. If it works for you, more power to you. It's a less inebriating and shorter lasting drug than alcohol. I got no problem with weed.

Coke is the devil in a red dress. I hate to love it, but I do.
Old 01.25.2008, 05:17 PM   #50
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

life is meant to be enjoyed.

I cannot fault anyone who seeks to be high/drunk/drugged up all the time. it's their fucking life. sure it's a watse, and sure it is foolish, but what difference does it make anyways?

Can you fault the person who loves to skydive and dies in an accident at age 30? their skydiving did nothing to improve life for anyone, it did nothing to benefit mankind.

Frankly, if I was idly rich I would spend my entire life reading, drawing and painting,a nd listening to music. some people choose to spend their lives drunk. or choose to spedn their lives high. they live with their decisions.
Old 01.25.2008, 05:19 PM   #51
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Not to mention all of the people who are straight arrows and living "productive" lives that pretty much just buy houses, watch TV and breed.
That feels like just as much of a "waste" to someone with my particular set of priorities.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:23 PM   #52
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
I always find it difficult to grasp that people get addicted to weed, but unfortunately some people do after so long, I guess. This seems to be a recurring topic on the boards.
normadicfollower, sounds like you need to cut down and sort it out, you've admitted it's a problem, bud, if you truly want to make something of yourself, then the only thing holding you back is yourself.
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:26 PM   #53
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Let's all use disanologies to prove our points shall we it?

Weed is a bit like a fish. It eats things, sure - but Elephants are large, and have big appetites, so they're much worse.

Right. Let's put it this way - Weed is a shit as any other drug; all drugs are, to greater or lesser degrees, shit. Weed is third only to booze and fags as the most pervasive.

Pervasive.

Let's say that again.

Pervasive.

Good. I'm returning to my beer n' crack pipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:27 PM   #54
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Not to mention all of the people who are straight arrows and living "productive" lives that pretty much just buy houses, watch TV and breed.
That feels like just as much of a "waste" to someone with my particular set of priorities.

Word, man. Same for me. I just can't imagine that kind of life.

Regarding the music/drug connection, I can totally agree. I don't tend to listen to Animal Collective all coked out.
Old 01.25.2008, 05:33 PM   #55
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

pervasive just means it is around all the time.

cigarrettes kill over a hundred thoussand people in the US every year. alcohol much much more.
alcohol is the main thread running through most domestic abuse, child abuse, etc.

drunk drivers kill dozens in each city each year. stoned drivers just ahve people honk at them for driving too slow.

Old 01.25.2008, 05:35 PM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
life is meant to be enjoyed.

I cannot fault anyone who seeks to be high/drunk/drugged up all the time. it's their fucking life. sure it's a watse, and sure it is foolish, but what difference does it make anyways?

Can you fault the person who loves to skydive and dies in an accident at age 30? their skydiving did nothing to improve life for anyone, it did nothing to benefit mankind.

Frankly, if I was idly rich I would spend my entire life reading, drawing and painting,a nd listening to music. some people choose to spend their lives drunk. or choose to spedn their lives high. they live with their decisions.

well i think skydiving is stupid, but yeah, everyone has their choices. if people want to self-castrate for a life of marijuana smoke, yeah, it's their choice. i won't deny them. but i'll have my opinions-- like i have one about skydiving.

my experience with weed has been like this, and i think it's very similar to what other have experienced.

first time: "i feel nothing" followed by utter disorientation & paranoia

second time, and various times afterward: like looking at the world for the first time, luminous, rich with detail, the opening of the mind's eye, a river of creativity, but without focus-- great inspiration, but difficulty executing

afterwards: habituation, dulling of the luminous experience, psychological dependence, slowing of the mind, diminishment in personal grooming, and INABILITY TO COPE WITH STRESS.

life can be stressful, but the pothead prefers to sit in a cozy spot rather than face the music.

at this point you either wake up & realize you can't continue the habit, or you rationalize your habit with shit like "oh, i didn't REALLY want to do great things after all", & continue living a medicated life.
Old 01.25.2008, 05:38 PM   #57
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

that does happen, but it also happens with food, with beer, with money, with a good fuck, with ANYTHING
\
to single out weed as the sole cause for people's apathy is ridiculous.

finding a good woman can stop you from "pursuing yoru dreams" so can getting addicted to World o warcraft, so can becoming a fatso cuz you cannto stop eating pudding.

these are HUMAN failings, not due to the drug of choice.

In NYC, the estimated marihuana use runs around FOUR TONS A DAY
that cannot be just the heavy stoner burn outs. that includes city leaders, professionals, teachers, skilled workers, etc etc etc

don;t believe the hype
Old 01.25.2008, 05:39 PM   #58
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
I know I didn't just see you badmouthing puddin'.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.25.2008, 05:39 PM   #59
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Quote:
well i think skydiving is stupid, but yeah, everyone has their choices. if people want to self-castrate for a life of marijuana smoke, yeah, it's their choice. i won't deny them. but i'll have my opinions-- like i have one about skydiving.

my experience with weed has been like this, and i think it's very similar to what other have experienced.

first time: "i feel nothing" followed by utter disorientation & paranoia

second time, and various times afterward: like looking at the world for the first time, luminous, rich with detail, the opening of the mind's eye, a river of creativity, but without focus-- great inspiration, but difficulty executing

afterwards: habituation, dulling of the luminous experience, psychological dependence, slowing of the mind, diminishment in personal grooming, and INABILITY TO COPE WITH STRESS.

life can be stressful, but the pothead prefers to sit in a cozy spot rather than face the music.

at this point you either wake up & realize you can't continue the habit, or you rationalize your habit with shit like "oh, i didn't REALLY want to do great things after all", & continue living a medicated life.

I never felt those sequance of feelinsg with weed. I smoked onee, got high. smoked again , got high again.

not all drugs are for all people. not all music is for all people.
you can "waste" your entire life collecting records, spending the money that woud otherwise go to "great deeds ad achievements" so what?
Old 01.25.2008, 05:46 PM   #60
Green_mind
the end of the ugly

Green_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's assesGreen_mind kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

I'd say that's about right, what you said about the general experience people have, but you seem to only be against the more longterm habitual smokers, are you also against occasional smoker?
Green_mind is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth