Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Your favourite dreams
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.21.2009, 06:11 AM   #41
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
I don't have a "favorite" dream, but I do have a really fucked up one:

http://triggerlove.livejournal.com/80103.html

Take a read at that, I promise you'll be freaked the fuck out.
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2009, 06:56 AM   #42
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
today i had a weird dream that started prety nice but ended pretty badly... i dreamt i had an elephant who then got a baby elephant, she was standing in this public place next to the river close to my house, there was some grass there, and old railroad tracks. me and my friend were building a tiny house for our baby elephant, since someone told us he needed a small space with a tiny car and a tv.

the baby elephant got really big really fast, but he looked a bit weird: his head was way too large (compared to normal elephants) it was still fun though, and many people came to see the elephant.

this is where things started to go bad: there was a massive crowd looking at the elephant when suddenly a train went over the old tracks, people started running away and three were killed. while the rest of the crowd was leaving the scene (no more elephants to be seen) a lady on a big screen at the entrance of a tunnel was telling us not to look at the bodies. people were crying and all, it was pretty fucked up.

i did like the elephant though.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.21.2009, 09:53 AM   #43
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
Last week I was taking part in a military coup in Columbia. Then the next night I was in a record store trying to trade in some Billy Bragg bootlegs that I had swiped from my flatmate, but the guy wouldn't give me anything for them because they were scratched to fuck.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2009, 03:25 AM   #44
blunderbuss
invito al cielo

blunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's assesblunderbuss kicks all y'all's asses
I met Dan Graham and Carlos van Hijfte in a supermarket last night.
blunderbuss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2009, 04:20 AM   #45
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I explained to someone why "The Real Slim Shady" is a lyrically impressive song.

Yeah, it was the lamest dream I've ever had.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2009, 08:28 AM   #46
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
flying dreams are my favourite.

a psychic once told me that if you dream you are flying it means you can control your spirit&body at the same time.

&even though i think most psychics are bullshit, i think thats a pretty interesting way of looking at it. if you believe in eastern-esque concepts (like the spirituality of yoga.)
which i do.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2009, 04:01 PM   #47
acousticrock87
invito al cielo

acousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's assesacousticrock87 kicks all y'all's asses
I think dreams have meaning, but not arbitrary connections without the context of the person, like "_____ always means ______." Although I do think it's interesting, and the connections they make are worth looking at alone, regardless of how it actually relates to dreams.
acousticrock87 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2009, 05:07 PM   #48
Better_Than_You
the destroyed room

Better_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's assesBetter_Than_You kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by acousticrock87
I think dreams have meaning, but not arbitrary connections without the context of the person, like "_____ always means ______."

i agree and disagree with that. things like dream dictionaries are used as guides. people who analyze their dreams are kind of like people who take those online quizzes all the time ("omg how prepy r u!1!!") Thats kind of a bad analogy because your subconscious is so much more important than that stereotyping b.s.

but, uh, people who are really confused about themselves and how they fit in social situations take those quizzes. and people who are really confused about their subconscious and how external factors affect them analyze dreams.

For example. A few months ago I started talking to an exboyfriend and it seemed like we were getting back together. and then I dreamt that a scorpion crawled out of his body and I tried to kill it but it wouldnt die. I looked up 'scorpion' on dreamdictionary.com and it symbolized self-destructive behavior. &getting back with him was pretty self-destructive in retrospect.

but, also, in a different dream i dreamt about this little kid pissing his pants.. and i forget what it meant when i looked it up but it meant something that I was not experiencing in my life at that point.

So, i think as long as youre not gullible dream dictionaries can be great.

&their are certain theories about dreams... like the whole 'water is considered maternal' (which goes back to feelings in the womb.) that really do apply to everyone because being in the womb is an experience that every person can relate to.

Better_Than_You is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.22.2009, 05:11 PM   #49
Sheriff Rhys Chatham
invito al cielo

Sheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's assesSheriff Rhys Chatham kicks all y'all's asses
Ones that involve crazy sex.
Like the one I had th e other night.
Likely influenced by the party I was at where I fell asleep.
[had to get fucked one way or an other I guess]

A part of this blue shit since June 24th, 2004
Sheriff Rhys Chatham is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.27.2009, 06:34 PM   #50
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Last night I dreamt I was Mohammed.

Seriously, Mohammed. Of Islam fame. There's something not right there, I tell you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth