Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page I'm so fucking tired of people complaining about the price of gas
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.26.2008, 11:50 AM   #41
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Yaris
http://www.toyota.com/yaris/

29/35 MPG
Retail $11,550

Jetta Diesel
http://www.vw.com/jetta/tdi/en/us/

http://www.popularmechanics.com/blog...s/4235586.html

$18000-$23000

upwards of 50 mpg, combined highway and city

"Smart" Car

http://www.smartusa.com/

"Pure" model

$11,590

33 city/41 highway mpg

Fuck the "Smart" car.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 11:51 AM   #42
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
removing the tax on fuel would only reduce it about 18 cents a galon, which is NOTHING compared to the $2.80 it has risen in the past three years
it would only benefit large corporations that use millions of gallons a year.

drilling offsghore and in national parks and shit is stupid as fuck too, and would only benefit the situation ten years or so down the line, once the exploration is done, the preliminary drilling, the full drilling operationm, pipeline building, refinery work, etc. it also would just benefit the alrge oil corporations that have monopolized our US government.
Old 06.26.2008, 11:54 AM   #43
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
what? 33pmg? i get that in my old cooper! (not "old" old). and it's got 4 times the volume!

that yaris looks fucking sweeeeeeet.

though the jetta diesel... oh...

so this ultra-low-sulfur diesel won't stink up? and can you fuel it everywhere?

you'll have to forgive me, i have owned only 1 car in the past 10+ years, and know little about them.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 11:56 AM   #44
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I'm so fucking tired of paying $4 per gallon for gas...... however, I've never complained about it, because that won't change anything and it's something I HAVE TO pay no matter how much I bitch -- the fact is, I HAVE TO drive, I live 25 minuters from my job, I don't own a bike, and even if I did it'd take hours to get to work. I'm not willing to do that every night, so I'm not going to bother to complain. People shouldn't complain about things they can fix; driving a car is a luxury, and it costs money. It's not healthy or practical at all in the winter time to ride a bike, but right now when it's 90 degrees out, more people should definitely do that. Including myself -- which is why I'm not bitching.

Everyone needs to band together and stop driving for a couple of days, in fact it should be made illegal unless it's for your job or an emergency.. I see fuckers driving around 25th street in circles all day long for no reason except to show off their badass sound system.

Also, kill NASCAR. That wastes hundreds of gallons of gas per race! Yeah, it's a different kind of fuel than most conventional cars use, but it still wastes gas...

Okay, none of the above would really fix the problem, because we'd still be way in the hole. But it's a nice thought.. to kill NASCAR.

The stupid thing in our community is people doing "car pools" to save gas (not gas prices; just gas; the people still pay the driver who still uses about the same amount of gas driving to pick people up and drop them off as if the 3 or 4 cars had just driven themselves)... ! Not to mention these stupid "punk" fuckers I know who go to the library and ride bikes around town, as a "protest" against gas prices... even though I know some of those kids, and they actually drive to the library with their bikes in the back of their car. What the fuck are they protesting exactly?

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 11:57 AM   #45
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, my geo spectrum (which is just a little longer than two guitars taped together) gets 36mpg.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 11:58 AM   #46
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
they are protesting, as always, the fact they were not born poor and black/hispanic

it is terribly difficult, to judge by how "angry" subruban kids are, to be a white middle class kid.

ha ha!
Old 06.26.2008, 11:58 AM   #47
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
Well yeah. I'm nearly 37 and have been married for 12 years. I've got an 11 year old super blond boy.
im in yr injuns
makin wite peepul
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 11:59 AM   #48
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
what we need is fast internet & more telecommuting

and we need zoning laws to stop sprawl and promote urban density.

and we need vehicles that you can plugin or run on gasoline, ethanol, natural gas, & various diesels.

and we need to develop power plant technology for coal, natural gas, and nuclear. "clean coal" is an oxymoron right now but the u.s. is rich in coal so we have to find a way to make it work. and nucular power is where it's at, and it's safer than ever, and there are new safer technologies than ever before-- china is building a reactor like that.
Old 06.26.2008, 12:00 PM   #49
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

zoning does not stop sprawl. what it does is create areas where rich, well to do people can live without being near the poor, working class people. it is a load of shit really.
Old 06.26.2008, 12:02 PM   #50
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
zoning does not stop sprawl. what it does is create areas where rich, well to do people can live without being near the poor, working class people. it is a load of shit really.

uh?
Old 06.26.2008, 12:03 PM   #51
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

Also, kill NASCAR. That wastes hundreds of gallons of gas per race! Yeah, it's a different kind of fuel than most conventional cars use, but it still wastes gas...

Okay, none of the above would really fix the problem, because we'd still be way in the hole. But it's a nice thought.. to kill NASCAR.

Haha finally someone who agrees with me about bannign nascar... XD

And while wer'e at it lets just kill off competitive lawnmower racing?

viewtiful_alan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.26.2008, 12:05 PM   #52
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
Haha finally someone who agrees with me about bannign nascar... XD

And while wer'e at it lets just kill off competitive lawnmower racing?
now who's being a closed-minded fuckhead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
what we need is fast internet & more telecommuting

and we need zoning laws to stop sprawl and promote urban density.

and we need vehicles that you can plugin or run on gasoline, ethanol, natural gas, & various diesels.

and we need to develop power plant technology for coal, natural gas, and nuclear. "clean coal" is an oxymoron right now but the u.s. is rich in coal so we have to find a way to make it work. and nucular power is where it's at, and it's safer than ever, and there are new safer technologies than ever before-- china is building a reactor like that.

ethanol is more harmful to the environment than gasoline, not to mention it doesn't fucking work.

and fuck those number 6 corn plastic containers that you cant' recycle.

fuck corn. even though everything is corn basically.
Old 06.26.2008, 12:06 PM   #53
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator

and im talking about this yo:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infill

im saying "thou shalt not build outside city limits"
Old 06.26.2008, 12:06 PM   #54
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

viewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's assesviewtiful_alan kicks all y'all's asses
How am I being closeminded?

I'm fairly sure competitive lawnmower racing is an unneccessary fuel wasting "sport" that america can quite easily do with out.

Don't just try to insult me for the first thing I say mmk? It just makes you look like a petty bitch : )

Old 06.26.2008, 12:07 PM   #55
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by viewtiful_alan
How am I being closeminded?

I'm fairly sure competitive lawnmower racing is an unneccessary fuel wasting "sport" that america can quite easily do with out.

Don't just try to insult me for the first thing I say mmk? It just makes you look like a petty bitch : )
i AM a petty bitch, fool
Old 06.26.2008, 12:08 PM   #56
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
i AM a petty bitch, fool
clearly. XD Its your schtick

Old 06.26.2008, 12:11 PM   #57
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous

ethanol is more harmful to the environment than gasoline, not to mention it doesn't fucking work.

no. ethanol FROM CORN is shit. ethanol from sugar is fine. look at brazil.

the technology though is aming at producing ethanol from cellulose-- basically, plant fiber, paper-- imagine making fuel from trash. that's what we're talking about here.

trash, switchgrass, leaves, agricultural leftovers. ethanol burns clean.

it's just ethanol from corn as fuel that sucks balls.

the only ethanol from corn i like is bourbon:

Old 06.26.2008, 12:14 PM   #58
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
no. ethanol FROM CORN is shit. ethanol from sugar is fine. look at brazil.

the technology though is aming at producing ethanol from cellulose-- basically, plant fiber, paper-- imagine making fuel from trash. that's what we're talking about here.

trash, switchgrass, leaves, agricultural leftovers. ethanol burns clean.

it's just ethanol from corn as fuel that sucks balls.

the only ethanol from corn i like is bourbon:

i have learned something new today. thanks.

i'm just waiting for the day when we start firing off compacted blocks of trash into outer space.
Old 06.26.2008, 12:15 PM   #59
viewtiful_alan
invito al cielo

And then have to fire other trash balls at them once they start heading back towards earth

Old 06.26.2008, 12:16 PM   #60
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

except that they won't because space is a vaccuum, there's no gravity and blocks of trash don't have enough weight to fall back to earth

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth