Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Which has been the best decade for music?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.13.2009, 10:19 AM   #41
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I'm listening to Ryoji Ikeda's "See You at Regis Debray" and it's a big departure from his usual work; it's mainly him wandering around a house, sleeping, bathing, jerking off (literally and.. not literally).

Maybe I take back what I said about "we live in an exciting time where people can do anything!!"

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 10:21 AM   #42
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
What about cum?

I know someone who likes eating his own cum after sex. Disgusting.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 10:40 AM   #43
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 10:41 AM   #44
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
1680s or possibly this decade!
Old 02.13.2009, 11:17 AM   #45
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
yeah i thought about all that. (almost as being anorexic) probably some weeks, since the vomit will include water.

it's what bulemic people do
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 11:32 AM   #46
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
no food , a human can life for weeks.

depends on how fat one is.

a pound of fat is equivalent to 3,500 calories.
that's 7,700 calories per kilo.

you can survive at the most basic level on about 500 calories a day. 1,200 calories to be able to move.

one dies when reaching 56% of the ideal body weight-- that's way after starvation has ensued (that's when you start eating away your own protein instead of burning fat).

i don't know how many calories are in that missing 54% of body fat, as proteins only give 4 calories per gram, as opposed to fats which yield 9 grams. (proteins would yield 6 calories but 2 calories are spent on turning proteins into fuel).

so you could do the math and add the calories of 54% of your lean body weight, add the calories of your adipose tissue, divide them by 500 (if you choose to be bedridden), or by 1,200 (if you want to walk around), and you've got a pretty good estimate.

me, i'm ready for the gulag!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 12:25 PM   #47
flophousefloozie
expwy. to yr skull

flophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's assesflophousefloozie kicks all y'all's asses
'90's and '60's.... No need to explain... I would just rather not.
flophousefloozie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 04:41 PM   #48
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
wise man.

i just wondered about this: if i live on my vomit, how long will i be able to live on it, how long will it take for the constantly recycled vomit to end up not being enough to satisfy my hunger and my basic nutricious? needs to stay alive?

six, eight days maybe.. but that is considering you drinking fresh water..
if you want to get your water from the vomit as well, you will probably pass out within three or four, and die by the weekend.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 04:50 PM   #49
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
i just wondered about this: if i live on my vomit, how long will i be able to live on it, how long will it take for the constantly recycled vomit to end up not being enough to satisfy my hunger and my basic nutricious? needs to stay alive?

I think it depends on how you plan it. Lets say you know you are about to be in a situation where you are going to have to live on your vomit for a while. You could stock up by eating tons of corn, beans, and other food that seem to go undigested if not properly chewed, and swallow these foods whole. Also, grab some zip-locks bags. Then, when you are at your point of having to vomit to survive, vomit as much as you can. Do not let that finger out of your throat until every last drop is out. You will know you are there if you have a steady 5 minutes of dry heaving with no vomit. Once you have done this, then seperate your foods. One pile for corn, one for beans, etc. Then divide each pile up into small, sustainable portions. Put each portion into a zip-lock bag. Depending on how long the food sat in your system, you may need to label the bags as the food may of become less destiguishable, so maybe bring a sharpie just in case. If done correctly, you could easily live anywhere from 2 weeks to a month on your own vomit.

(Note: I don't suggest vomitting straight into the zip-lock bags. You need to have well planned portions, and as most people vomit, it would be hard to control your spewage in this way.)
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 05:01 PM   #50
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterthefact
I think it depends on how you plan it. Lets say you know you are about to be in a situation where you are going to have to live on your vomit for a while. You could stock up by eating tons of corn, beans, and other food that seem to go undigested if not properly chewed, and swallow these foods whole. Also, grab some zip-locks bags. Then, when you are at your point of having to vomit to survive, vomit as much as you can. Do not let that finger out of your throat until every last drop is out. You will know you are there if you have a steady 5 minutes of dry heaving with no vomit. Once you have done this, then seperate your foods. One pile for corn, one for beans, etc. Then divide each pile up into small, sustainable portions. Put each portion into a zip-lock bag. Depending on how long the food sat in your system, you may need to label the bags as the food may of become less destiguishable, so maybe bring a sharpie just in case. If done correctly, you could easily live anywhere from 2 weeks to a month on your own vomit.

(Note: I don't suggest vomitting straight into the zip-lock bags. You need to have well planned portions, and as most people vomit, it would be hard to control your spewage in this way.)

that all reminds me of a story..

one day I eat a big bag of mushrooms, and plan for a good evening. I ate them with BBQ chips and Coca-cola, not the best mix, but certainly not the worst, as even after eating mushrooms perhaps, 300+ occasions, I have NEVER been able to stomach eating them raw..

after finishing the whole bag, and taking a nice top it off bong rip, I suddenly had to puke, and could not stop it, but did manage to catch it in my mouth..

so there I am with a mouth FULL of puked up mushrooms, BBQ chips and coca-cola, a very spicy blend if I do say so myself, and I was standing there for what seemed like an eternity, trying to calculate how to save my mushrooms..

should I puke into a cup and Fear Factor it down? what the fuck could I do?

I decided to swallow it down, it seemed like the only way, and it took THREE GODAWFUL GULPS!

but that was ONE GOOD FUCKING trip that night I swear...

teonanácatl

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.13.2009, 05:37 PM   #51
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Okay, I'm not going to pretend that I know much about music before the 1950s- I do enjoy the old recordings of American Roots music, I forget the name of the fellow who did all of the recording.. is it Alan Lomax? It might be. Whoever it was put down a great collection of American Folk, Blues, and all the stuff in between. And then there's the majority of the great blues musicians before 1950.. Leadbelly, Robert Johnson, Lowell Fulson, Ma Rainey (and Pa Rainey), Leroy Carr, Scrapper Blackwell.. you can't forget the birth of jazz either. I'm talking Fats Waller, Jelly Roll Morton, Bessie Smith, Count Basie, Duke Ellington, you know, it's all good..

And then there's the 50s. Birth of ROCK AND ROLL, and what a beautiful thing that is. Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash. Then you have SPACE AGE POP, some really exciting composing going on in this period, most of it down to Juan Garcia Esquivel. Some nice Tejano recordings from this time too, Isidro Lopez being my favourite. Again, there's some great jazz from this period but I don't really need to go into it all because y'all know it. LOUIS ARMSTRONG THOUGH

1960s is where the shit hits the fan. You have some of the best pop music ever written, the folk revival, countless more hotttttt jazz records, the birth of real psychedelia and psych rock, plus the more scarier side of the coin with stuff like the VU, motor city five, the stooges, the sonics.. A disappointing side effect of the 60s is boring hippie rock as well as the birth of cheesy electric blues (see: eric clapton) and the rolling stones.

1970s is probably the first low point, musically, of the century. although you have some of paul simons best records coming out in this decade, classic fucking rock (creedence, lynyrd skynrd, america), the emergence of TOM WAITS, plus the birth of funk, experiments in rap, and some interesting punk (patti smith, television, voidoids.. you know), there is some real terror here- slade, the majority of uk punk in general, which was just a complete crock of posing shit and completely tainted the entire decade- oh, and the bay city rollers.

1980s carries the same balance of absolute shit and absolute genius. Classic Hip Hop is born, post punk, Tom Waits records the SWORDFISHTROMBONES TRILOGY, hardcore, of course we have the wonderful SONIC-YOUTH given to us.. and in turn some of the most beautiful guitar music being made, ever, see: galaxie 500, dinosaur jr, greg ginn's solo in 'slip it in'. also we have daniel johnston, who is just a tour de force on his own. oh, and violent femmes arrive. downside of course is some of the worst canned synth pop and cock rock ever put down on tape.. ugh..

Then we have 90s. THE DAISY AGE BEGINS AND WE ENTER DE LA HEAVEN. Indie guitar rock supremacy. Hail to Pavement. Cat Power shows up. Sonic Youth make 'Washing Machine'. Beck arrives in 1994 with three albums of absolute mellow fucking stereopathetic graveblues. Jon Spencer Blues Explosion. Tom Waits shifts from marimba jazz insanity to lo-fi blues and conquers my heart. Squirrel Nut Zippers successfully revive dixieland, swing, and klezmer.. for a few albums. Hip Hop splits in two- ATCQ, De La Soul, Beastie Boys all swing to the left, and NWA's influence starts up the bullshit that is gangsta rap. Radiohead bring out two good albums. MAJOR DOWNSIDES: pearl jam, britpop, boy band dominance.

00s! One could argue this is the most varied of all decades, mainly due to the internet's influence bringing the extremes of all genres to our ears. Tom Waits releases two musical soundtracks. Bright Eyes, M. Ward, Zooey Deschanel considerably up the nerd folk ante. The Strokes record two good albums and inspire legions of terrible copycats (but its worth it). Rap reaches a few good heights, c/o SHADRACH KABANGO and SCROOBIUS PIP, and of course R Kelly brought 'Ignition Remix' to our ears. Noise 'arrives'. Downsides include UK INDIE ROCK, NU RAVE, EMO AND SCENE SUBCULTURE, HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL.

the end
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth