Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page i am thoroughly fed up with this place at the moment
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06.16.2006, 07:14 AM   #41
Phlegmscope
expwy. to yr skull

Phlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's assesPhlegmscope kicks all y'all's asses
I can't figure out who glice was before the new board.
Phlegmscope is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 07:21 AM   #42
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I agree that this can be a pretty clique-y board sometimes, but I think it is actually far less so than the old one. I always felt like I was a bit-part player on the old board, even though I was on there for about three years before it closed down, and there was a definite feeling of there being an "old guard" who ruled the roost. I got flamed numerous times for stating an honest opinion, and in the end I hardly ever wanted to post. This new board is generally much more welcoming, I think.

i feel like its pretty much the opposite in many ways. the old board did have its clique but in this place so much as a full stop out of place and you get it in the throat..

also if you state an opinion thats unpopular then you get the wrath of khan in yer ears.

seriously this place is like a flirting forum on a dating site more than a bands gossip page most days.
jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 07:28 AM   #43
sonic sphere
invito al cielo

sonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's assessonic sphere kicks all y'all's asses
i agree with pauly bee but then again i'm from wexford too so we gotta stick together
sonic sphere is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:25 AM   #44
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
I understand what you mean, paulybee, I empathize with you; when I first came on here, I was surprised at the level of spiritedness and cohesion this board displayed as opposed to some forums on the internet; which are basically all about showboating. There is a sense of that here, but usually in a good-mannered, witty fashion, nothing serious or overtly competitve or hostile. But in recent times, it seems this community culture has been subverted somewhat; by certain indiviuals who seem to value their own oneupnamship above all else; and that includes the music and the musicians who we all adore(hence the fact that this board exists in the first place).

I sincerely hope this can come to pass, and that people have less animosity and more compassion, love and empathy in their dealings with other people; especially fellow music fans. That's it.
Old 06.16.2006, 08:29 AM   #45
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i still want to know who the fuck sent PAULYBEE that PM, i wanna oust that bastard, its all well and good doggin each other in a thread but to PM him with shite like that..... i'm a thick Irish cunt, i'll be the first to admit it i dont like that kind of personal intrusion, its rude and manners need to be taught.
Old 06.16.2006, 08:30 AM   #46
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I can safely say that I value my oneupmanship a lot less than anyone else here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:35 AM   #47
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
What, really, is so bad about cliques? Are they not simply natural social associations?

Like-minded people tend to side with one another. There are certain people one prefers to socialize with over others. I believe that concept, in reality, is called having friends.

It seems as though people only feel threatened by what they perceive as a 'clique' mentality when they are in a context in which they feel they need to prove their validity. People assert their opinions, yearn for them to be supported, and tremble at the thought of being countered or ridiculed. In this situation, such an individual feels threatened by a group of people that may, because of a shared perspective, collectively disagree with them. Thus follows the petulant braying of "Clique!"

What is so difficult to understand about this concept? And what is so inherently evil about it?

I like some of you more than I like others, and I tend to disagree with some members of the board moreso than others. This is true of EVERYONE on this board - it's a sociological given. So quit whining about cliques, because regardless of size, everyone's in one.

The only problem is that it's fucking BORING lately. And there's no one to blame for that; we've simply encountered a brief quagmire.

Again, let's pull our panties out of our asscrack, shall we?
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:37 AM   #48
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Mmm. Truncated panties.

Ha. That's funny twice.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 06.16.2006, 08:43 AM   #49
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
the board has been way better in the mast 3 months though that it has been at any other point in the last 2 years though.

kolera is still floating about somewhere i believe, but with a new name.

and i reckon you should just post the PM including who sent it pauly. name and shame!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:54 AM   #50
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Cliques are groups of friends.
Elitists are people who care who their friends are.
Complaining about cliques and elitism is funny.
Obviously some people are gonna get along well, and some aren't gonna get along at all.
I like people who can take and receive some friendly ribbings, people who don't take it personally when someone doesn't like the same bands they like (or indeed when someone hates a band they love), and people who can recover from a heated exchange and return to friendliness and respect.
My recent exchange with trance feeeedback in the religion thread was great to me, because we got a little more heated than either one of us intended, acknowledged it and moved on. Trance feeedback is still someone I like a great deal, and probably more so now that I know we can recover from a dumb argument and remain friendly. More of that would be nice.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 08:55 AM   #51
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Please don't get me wrong
See I forgive you in a song
We'll call the likely lads
But if its left to you,
I know exactly what you'd do
With all the dreams we had
Just blood run's thicker, oh
We're thick as thieves, you know
If that's important to you
Its important to me
I tried to make you see
But you don't wanna know
You dont wanna know!

If you pipe all summer long
Then get forgiven in a song
Well that's the touch, my lad
They sold the rights to all the wrongs
And when they knew you'd give me songs
Welcome back, I said

The blood runs thicker,oh
If thats important to you
It's important to me
I tried to make you see
But you don't want to know
You don't want to know

Oh what became of the Likely Lads?
What became of the dreams we had?

Oh what became of forever?

Though, we'll never know

Please don't get me wrng
See I forgive you in a song
We call the Likely Lads
We all bought the ones
We taught 'em all we wrote the songs
That's filled with dreams we have
But blood runs thicker, oh
If that's important to you
It's important to me
I tried to make you see
But you don't want to know
You don't want to know!

Oh what became of the Likely Lads?
What became of the dreams we had?

We'll never know

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 09:04 AM   #52
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

Well, oh yeah, move on
We are living leg-ends
That live in on what you ought to [?]

I am a rabbit from East Germany
I was very happy
And I could get anything I want
I was so-oh happy

Then I moved to North Britain
I became an immigrant
I could frolic around all night
In the green grass

I was sort of happy

Ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba ba

But till then one night
By the green grass
By a rubbish receptacle
I saw a newspaper
I was not very happy

There was a man going round all the time
He was dishing out drugs
He was a doctor
Dishing out morphine to old ladies

I said, what about us? (Shipman!)
What about us? (Shipman!)
What about us, Shipman?
What about us, Shipman?

Hop hop hop!
Hop hop hop!
Hop hop hop!

I'm an immigrant from East Germany
I was sort of happy
I could frolic around a lot
In the train station
I could get a lift that I want

There was a doctor going around
He was dishing out drugs
He was dishing out left and right
To old ladies

So don't get me wrong
People in Great Britain

Hop hop hop!
Hop hop hop!
Hop hop hop!
Hop hop hop!

What about us, Shipman?
What about us, Shipman?

What about us, Shipman?
What about us, Shipman?
Old 06.16.2006, 09:11 AM   #53
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can take a nothing day, and suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to fake it.
You can have the town, why don't you take it.
You're gonna make it after all

How will you make it on your own?
This world is awfully big
And girl this time your all alone
But it's time you started living
It's time you let someone else do some giving

Love is all around, no need to fake it.
You're gonna make it after all,

Your the one most likely to succeed
Just be sure to keep your head
Cause girl you know that's all you need
Everyone around you adores you
Don't give up the world is waiting for you

Love is all around, no need to waste it.

Who can turn the world on with her smile?
Who can suddenly make it all seem worthwhile?
Well it's you girl, and you should know it
With each glance and every little movement you show it

Love is all around, no need to waste it.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 09:13 AM   #54
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses

Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 09:13 AM   #55
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
New Gold Dream
She is the one in front of me, the siren and the ecstasy
New Gold Dream
Crashing beats and fantasy, setting sun in front of me
New Gold Dream
And the world goes hot
And the cities take
And the beat goes crashing
All along the way

She is your friend until the ocean breaks
And when you dream, dream in the dream with me
81 - 82 - 83 - 84
81 - 82 - 83 - 84

New Gold Dream
Sun is set in front of me, worldwide on the widest screen
New Gold Dream
Burning bridge and ecstasy, crashing beats and fantasy
Dream in the dream with
And the world goes hot
And the cities take
And the beat goes crashing
All along the way

She is your only friend until the ocean breaks

And when we dream, dream in the dream with me
81 - 82 - 83 - 84
81 - 82 - 83 - 84

New Gold Dream
The siren and the ecstasy, she's the one in front of me
New Gold Dream

Old 06.16.2006, 09:24 AM   #56
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Lemme hear ya say yeah! (wow!)
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no ,no ,no, no there's no limit!
no, no, no ,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no there's no limit!
No no limits, we'll reach for the sky!
No valley to deep. No mountain too high.
No no limits, we'll reach for the sky,
we do what we want and we do it with pride.
Hard to the core, I feel the floor.
When I'm on stage, yo, ya answer more.
I'm on the edge, I know the ledge,
I work real hard to collect my cash!
Tick tick ticka tick take your time,
when I'm goin' I'm goin' for mine.
Open your ears and you will hear it.
I tell you this 'cause there's no limit!
No, no, no, no, no, no, no ,no ,no, no, no, no there's no limit!
Ow! Hey yay yeah hey hey!
Now, now, hey yeah yeh hey hey! Hoo!
No limits allowed, cause there's much crowd,
microphone check as I choose my route.
I'm playing on the road; I've got no fear,
the south from my mouth is on record here.
There never will be no mountain too high.
Reach the top, touch the sky!
They tried to diss me cause I sell out...
I'm making techno and I am proud!

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 09:27 AM   #57
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Punkaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Hey Punka (hey), how're you doin'?
Hey Punka (hey), are you staying true to you?
Cos that's what Punkas do,
I wanna be a Punka too,
And if your friends all bitch, you're a Punka (Punka),
If your life is kitsch, you're a Punka (Punka),
I'm a Punka too.

Hey Punka (hey), I've got ambition,
Hey Punka (hey), my one wish is to,
Be as punk as you when I grow up,
If Punkas ever do grow up,
And if your hits all miss, you're a Punka (Punka),
If you dance like this, you're a Punka (Punka),
I'm a Punkaaaaaaa.

P-U-N-K-A, Punka!
Lo-fi songs are great, Punka!
P-U-N-K-A, Punka!
We never learnt to play, cos we're Punka!
I wanna be a Punka too,
When I grow up if Punkas ever do,
I wanna be,
P-U-N-K-A, Punka!
Underground cliche, Punka!
P-U-N-K-A, Punka!
We always want to stay, hey Punka!
I wanna be a Punka too,
And play guitar like.

1-2-3-4,
P-U-N-K-A, Punka!
P-U-N-K-A, Punka!
Lo-fi songs are great, Punka!
P-U-N-K-A, Punka!
Don't you want to play, Punka?

I wanna be a Punka too,
I wanna be like youuuuuuuuuuu.

Old 06.16.2006, 09:29 AM   #58
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Fuckin hell don't we have a lyrics thread already?

Back on topic-Blah blah blah. Sure it's becoming a popularity contest but hey.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 09:30 AM   #59
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Who’s that boy with the honey face, looks like he should be sedated
He’s all smash and grab in his adidas tags, wound up and agitated,

And I bet he’s not a real punk boy
Bet he’s not a real punk boy, bet he’s not a real punk boy

Does your heart go boom when he walks in the room
Do rain clouds scatter and fall
Do you feel yourself sigh when he passes you by
Or do you grow a hundred feet tall

D’you go bang shang alang, every time you see him
D’you go bang shang alang, every time you’re near him
D’you go bang shang alang, every time you hear him

If you don’t he’s not a real punk boy
If you don’t he’s not a real punk boy at all

Who’s that boy with the ocean green eyes
In rough trade every saturday,
Don’t he look cute in his eighties track suit
I wish I hadn’t thrown mine away

And I bet he’s not a real punk boy
Bet he’s not a real punk boy,
Bet he’s not a real punk boy at all

Do stars explode when he walks you home, on a cool and clear evening
D’you wanna put him on like your favourite song
Or never wanna hear him

D’you go bang shang alang, every time you see him
D’you go bang shang alang, every time you’re near him
D’you go bang shang alang, every time you hear him

If you don’t he’s not a real punk boy at all
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 06.16.2006, 09:30 AM   #60
Glice
invito al cielo

As I went home on Monday night as drunk as drunk could be
I saw a horse outside the door where my old horse should be
Well, I called me wife and I said to her: Will you kindly tell to me
Who owns that horse outside the door where my old horse should be?

Ah, you're drunk,
you're drunk you silly old fool,
still you can not see
That's a lovely sow that me mother sent to me
Well, it's many a day I've travelled a hundred miles or more
But a saddle on a sow sure I never saw before

And as I went home on Tuesday night as drunk as drunk could be
I saw a coat behind the door where my old coat should be
Who owns that coat behind the door where my old coat should be

Ah, you're drunk,
still you can not see
That's a woollen blanket that me mother sent to me
But buttons in a blanket sure I never saw before

And as I went home on Wednesday night as drunk as drunk could be
I saw a pipe up on the chair where my old pipe should be
Who owns that pipe up on the chair where my old pipe should be

Ah, you're drunk,
still you can not see
That's a lovely tin whistle that me mother sent to me
But tobacco in a tin whistle sure I never saw before

And as I went home on Thursday night as drunk as drunk could be
I saw two boots beneath the bed where my old boots should be
Who owns them boots beneath the bed where my old boots should be

Ah, you're drunk,
still you can not see
They're two lovely Geranium pots me mother sent to me
But laces in Geranium pots I never saw before

And as I went home on Friday night as drunk as drunk could be
I saw a head upon the bed where my old head should be
Who owns that head upon the bed where my old head should be

Ah, you're drunk,
still you can not see
That's a baby boy that me mother sent to me
But a baby boy with his whiskers on sure I never saw before

And as I went home on Saturday night as drunk as drunk could be
I saw two hands upon her breasts where my old hands should be
Who owns them hands upon your breasts where my old hands should be

Ah, you're drunk,
still you can not see
That's a lovely night gown that me mother sent to me
But fingers in a night gown sure I never saw before

As I went home on Sunday night as drunk as drunk could be
I saw a thing in her thing where my old thing should be
Who owns that thing in your thing where my old thing should be

Ah, you're drunk,
still you can not see
That's a lovely tin whistle that me mother sent to me
But hair on a tin whistle sure I never saw before

Quote:

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth