Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Obama=Censorship? So is that part of the Yes We Can spirit?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.15.2009, 09:53 PM   #41
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
How can teaching freedom of choice, expression, less govt., & private property of the local level be corporate? Is not Corporatism a collectivist concept, then how can libertarianism's main idea be individual rights & be corporate at the same time? All you ever hear a libertarian say is, get rid of govt. spending, get rid of private banks, get rid of big business.
Getting rid of corporate model would require significant market regulation. The corporate model exists to reduce the risk for the personal investor. You would have to outlaw the principle of self-interest, and thus outlaw capitalism.

You seem to argue more for anarcho-syndicalism than Libertarianism. There simply is no guarantee in Libertarianism for this "local level" idealism.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2009, 10:05 PM   #42
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
the Ronbots dont know what they argue for pbradley
Old 05.15.2009, 10:16 PM   #43
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Look, all I know is people can only do or control so much at any given time. So my thinking is an individual should only be accountable for those aspects of his/her life w/out overstepping boundaries we all know to be wrong. & not have some higher authority, who has just as much limitations & accountability as that certain individual, regulating every aspect of people's lives.

If I'm crazy for thinking that, then whatever. There's good & bad to everything, nothing is perfect on this earth, especially political ideology. But that's what I follow, & that's just who I am.
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.15.2009, 10:39 PM   #44
Lamont Cranston
100%

Lamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's assesLamont Cranston kicks all y'all's asses
thats what working together in communities and in unions is for
Old 05.15.2009, 10:41 PM   #45
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
So be it. I'm simply aligning my political affiliation with my political philosophy.
Old 05.16.2009, 12:28 PM   #46
Lamont Cranston
100%

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/17/us..._r=2&th&emc=th
policy, not rogue elements or the eternal bad apples (seems like for some 200 years the USA has been the subject of a conspiracy to sully its good name with a host of rogue elements and bad apples)
Old 05.17.2009, 04:39 AM   #47
Lamont Cranston
100%

well for all you ghouls out there here are 60 of them: http://www.smh.com.au/ftimages/2006/...890771990.html
it appears to be more of that originally released set, that guy with the glasses and mustache is the same
"Lawrence Wilkerson, aide to former Secretary of State Colin Powell, alleges that the main impetus for torturing prisoners in 2002- early 2003 was not to foil terrorist plots but rather to scare up evidence of a Saddam-al-Qaeda tie. US interrogators never found such a link"
http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS.../iraq.torture/

I'd also add that a pretty good judge of if the 'preventing further terrorism' argument had any merit they'd be citing examples, the Bush administration leaked information like a sieve both accidentally from outraged individuals and more importantly deliberately to score cheap political points* - so any Top Secret argument goes out the window.
*which incidentally this claim means that is also what the torture was about rather than crazed desperate men believing they're really doing good after watching too many episodes of 24
Old 05.18.2009, 12:20 AM   #48
Lamont Cranston
100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
i think obama kicks ass...still. him shakin' hands w/ chavez = total badass in my opinion.
Meanwhile the CIA or State Department or whoever it is organises a secessionist movement where there was previously never even such a concept among the (rich and white) populations in the resource rich regions of Venezuela and Bolivia.
Old 05.18.2009, 01:19 PM   #49
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
see man, i think yr cool, however, i also think yr the sort that ENJOYS hating america.

i mean shit, if ya dont like it...MOVE! if LA is realy as terrible as ya make it, get the fuck outta there...seriously.

there have already been pictures released, we dont need even more evidence. we know...the torture has not been denied. EVERYONE KNOWS...SOME EVEN SAY IT SHOULD BE LEGAL....

and americans arent the only folks that have done fucked up shit. and we damned sure arent all lazy....

i think obama kicks ass...still. him shakin' hands w/ chavez = total badass in my opinion.

fuck a few pictures.

"and I don't wanna hear, I'm fucking lucky i live here.. cuz if you people don't give a shit, about whats right or wrong, so why should care, if you don't think we belong.. you say you believe in peace and freedom but you'll never be free with out a fight, you say you believe in this government when all they do is take away rights.."

by the way, its not the pictures, its what they are of, its what they represent.. if you ever find yourself gaffled up by some intellegence agents and dragged across the world to various secret prisons to be tortured like the fucking Khmer Rouge then perhaps you might see the significance of why Obama is a son of a bitch. until then, god bless america.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 01:42 PM   #50
sarramkrop

Quote:
Okay, what about Libertarianism are you skeptical of? Freedom of choice, expression, less govt., individual rights?

Or is it because they believe in the right of self-defense?

It's not clear what you mean by they. I assume those they you are talking about are the same people who help the spinning towards the desired direction of choice of any particular party stance when it comes to gaining some, or the majority of, public consensus.

The freedom of self-expression that you bemoan this invisible authoritarian foot on is financed by the people libertarians seem to criticise vociferously, but go back to for feeding.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 03:59 PM   #51
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
You don't want to agree w/ me, fine I don't care. I believe what I believe, which makes me free & independent. & taking the time out of yr day to criticize my beliefs just proves that you're of the same mind as any politically correct advocate that's out there.

Just making that statement shows me that you can't stand someone having a different belief than you. Otherwise you would have left it alone.
-George Carlin
Old 05.18.2009, 04:17 PM   #52
sarramkrop

I don't know what your beliefs are. How am I meant to criticize something I don't know? I have a vague idea of what you're getting at by reading some of your posts on this thread, and still what you say gives out an air of vagueness, rather than concise, calibrated thought.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 04:29 PM   #53
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Whatever, these are the only pictures I'm interested in!!

afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 04:34 PM   #54
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I don't know what your beliefs are. How am I meant to criticize something I don't know? I have a vague idea of what you're getting at by reading some of your posts on this thread, and still what you say gives out an air of vagueness, rather than concise, calibrated thought.

I'd just say that, I am an individualist, rather than a collectivist.
-George Carlin
Old 05.18.2009, 04:43 PM   #55
sarramkrop

Quote:
I'll just say that I am an individualist, rather than a collectivist.

Fair enough. That's a personal stance as valid as any, yet it progressively loses any appeal when it transpires that an isolated mental (physical?) existence will find it inevitably harsh to survive without the lifeblood of a collective force, whether it is split in opposing sections, or as a unified entity.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2009, 06:08 PM   #56
Lamont Cranston
100%

Quote:
You don't want to agree w/ me, fine I don't care. I believe what I believe, which makes me free & independent. & taking the time out of yr day to criticize my beliefs just proves that you're of the same mind as any politically correct advocate that's out there.

Just making that statement shows me that you can't stand someone having a different belief than you. Otherwise you would have left it alone.

translated into English: YOU'RE ALL ATTACKING ME AND IF YOU DISGREE WITH ME YOU'RE WRONG & STUPID

I presented a strong and nuanced critique of this so-called movement (in spite of your inabilty to articulate what you think it means beyond some crude statements about 'collectivist'), same for the others. You respond as if its a personal attack on you.
Old 05.18.2009, 06:13 PM   #57
pbradley
invito al cielo

Hermit the frog
Old 05.18.2009, 06:55 PM   #58
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamont Cranston
translated into English: IF YOU DISGREE WITH ME YOU'RE WRONG AND STUPID

Isn't that what you're telling me when you generalize libertarians?
-George Carlin
Old 05.18.2009, 07:25 PM   #59
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley

Hermit the frog

I drew The Hung Man. (no rly)

I'm still deciding on whether that's awesome or not.

/
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.19.2009, 01:45 AM   #60
Lamont Cranston
100%

Quote:
Isn't that what you're telling me when you generalize libertarians?
Read 'em again, this time with the persecution complex turned off.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth