Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page fuck animals
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.18.2010, 06:58 PM   #41
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Where does an animal sleep when the ground is wet?
What kind of animal needs to smoke a cigarette?
Sometimes a pony, sometimes a pony,
sometimes a pony gets depressed.
Old 01.18.2010, 06:59 PM   #42
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Whether you like it or not, you were quite possibly once a pile of dinosaur poop. I'm not sure why some people look at feeling the connection with the earth around you is an odd thing, or even negative. Your fingernails were once leaves on the tallest branches. Your hair was once seashells on the bottom of the ocean. The sooner the majority of humans realise they are not in charge, or disconnected from this world, rather they are tied down to it, the sooner we might learn to live in a way that will be eternally(as long us our sun might have us) sustainable.
Old 01.18.2010, 07:01 PM   #43
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
"we had to struggle long and hard from the days of hunting dinosaurs with spears"

lulz. we'd be so fucked if we got hit by a comet.
Old 01.18.2010, 07:07 PM   #44
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex's Trip
"we had to struggle long and hard from the days of hunting dinosaurs with spears"

lulz. we'd be so fucked if we got hit by a comet.

er, who wrote that? There were no humans when there were dinosaurs..?
Old 01.18.2010, 07:07 PM   #45
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
why does anyone care about animals going extinct? why do people give a shit about animals, like, conserving their existance. I don't understand. Oh look a fucking mongoose isn't it so great watch it shit and stare at you and reproduce omg. What's the fucking point, you can use words like special or unique or majestic or whatever to describe them but i don't give a fuck. Fuck them and fuck nature, surely those are both things we should be moving away from, we should be glad to get rid of. right fair enough if there is some use in say usin mice in experiments or there is a rare species of bird someone wants to breed because they can make a medicine from it or some shit, i can see the point there. Otherwise why are we so concerned about the wonderous beautiful majesty of nature, i mean so what, isn't this just primitive shit we should be moving away from? The only word i can find to describe what i think nature is is a retardation on humanity at this point. I mean say you're lost out in the african bush, it's cruel inhospitable and hostile, it's dumb, you're gonna fucking die. i know suchfriends will say 'we must respect the life of every one of god's creatures', as if we owe a non existant god some sort of babysitting duty for all the fuckin dumbass platypus's he decided to make. like what are you gonna do? Try to not kill every single microbe? feel guilty for every single celled organism you kill or plant you crush? feel guilty about the whole universe? fuck that, i'm clubbin seals, yeah i'm sure it fuckin hurts them but it doesn't hurt me. Bang bang crunch. I'm gonna put a contact mic on the bat and make a noise record from it. and all this 'oh i really like this rare species of bird it's so beautiful!' yeah i can't think of anything more boring than beautiful animals, so what. when i see some animal all i see is dumb life. whatever, why should we care about this shit. I might not really go seal clubbin tomoro but i don't see why we should try to preserve the stupid life of some species. And don't give me all this sarcastic 'oh what would you prefer mcdonalds and shopping centres everywhere' bullshit either, like i'm advocating some sort of crude greedy consumption of the enviroment as a resource we are entitled to eat and use. I don't think this is right because it ends badly but i don't think respecting the harmonious balance of nature is anything other than dangerously retardedly stupid primitive shit. Remake nature, harvest it, redesign it, purge it of all useless or inhospitable desolate space or wasted matter. trees help us breath but i know that both the tree and our body can be redesigned and remade completely. i think this distinction between artificial man made stuff and 'nature' is a false one. i know there are plants being made into computer circuits, what i'm advocating is not some anti green fetish. More like don't be a fucking regressive hippie dreaming of living in the garden of eden because nature doesn't give a fuck about you. we had to struggle long and hard from the days of hunting dinosaurs with spears, we are still struggling now and will be for millions more years if we don't die out first. yeah, i know cutting down the rainforest was evil and we probably lost the cures for loads of diseases by getting rid of it, yeah i'm not advocating this, its wrong, but so is this holistic hippie return to mother gaia away from the evils of babylon shit. and don't say 'oh your so evil you just see animals as things to be used by people you don't respect their right to life!' noone and nothing has any right to anything, who decides their rights? You? why care about some pig or dog or whatever, why prolong that kind of existance intentionally? we should be trying to move away from our own aswell. i think there is some confused fear of something vital and inherent to existance being lost in artificiality, as if we have to conserve it or we will go extinct or something, as if we can go too far and get rid of some component of nature that sustains it all, and then go extinct, and this manifests itself in worship of the natural. anyway this post was inspired by watching the film of cormac mccarthy's the road which is pretty much how i live my life except i don't bother looking after any kid. if you have seen it you will be able to make more sense of what i'm getting at. In it there has been some sort of apocalypitic event that is not explained but the earth has stopped growing any food or anything and so people are nearly extinct and the few left resort to cannibalism or trying to find old cans of coke noone else has drank yet. i really like this movie, it is probably the second one i have actually enjoyed watching in like a year and the first one i have had absolutely no problems with in since forever. if anything it shows how urgently we need to harness nature for our own ends and gain power over its potential to devastate us, like what happened in haiti- good lesson for the return to nature crowd.

tl;dr

oh, and crap punctuation too.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 07:10 PM   #46
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
er, who wrote that? There were no humans when there were dinosaurs..?

oh rite.. nik.

I got to the end of the first line and stopped..
Old 01.18.2010, 07:13 PM   #47
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
I've never said
we aren't animals, and to claim that all humans feel disconnected from this planet or aren't the ones in charge of it is a gross generalisation of EVERYTHING. I respect your views, but totally disagree with you.
What's your take on the Chocolate Watchband, then? Personally I think their singer sounds a bit like Mick Jagger, and 'Dark Side of The Mushroom' is a mean tune.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 07:17 PM   #48
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
to claim that all humans aren't the ones in charge of it is a gross generalisation of EVERYTHING.
How meek of you.
Old 01.18.2010, 07:22 PM   #49
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
And The Chocolate Watchband? What about them?
Old 01.18.2010, 07:30 PM   #50
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
If by interesting read for hysterical queens you mean that Borade didn't merely list a series of statistics mostly deprived of a reliable source, we have drastically different standards. And posting a few pictures of wasteland doesn't really mean anything other than man-made change comes at some cost, but ultimately it is more beneficial for the majority. Is that your point, perhaps?

since i know you cant go through a day without making flippant idiotic comments i will keep this fairly brief. it seems that despite all the evidence against logging and climate change having a negative effect on the world (as the pictures of the tar sand i posted illustrate) you read one thing on the internet that said it wasnt true and seem to believe it. there is much evidence to suggest that preserving the environment would create more jobs than the opposite and not destroy the areas beyond repair. since you dont really seem to know what an eco system is i suggest you look it up.

go on have the lat word i know you cant resist. yawn.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 07:34 PM   #51
phoenix
invito al cielo

Quote:
And The Chocolate Watchband? What about them?

Is there a thread in the music forum? Maybe you should make one.
Old 01.18.2010, 07:49 PM   #52
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
since i know you cant go through a day without making flippant idiotic comments i will keep this fairly brief. it seems that despite all the evidence against logging and climate change having a negative effect on the world (as the pictures of the tar sand i posted illustrate) you read one thing on the internet that said it wasnt true and seem to believe it. there is much evidence to suggest that preserving the environment would create more jobs than the opposite and not destroy the areas beyond repair. since you dont really seem to know what an eco system is i suggest you look it up.

go on have the lat word i know you cant resist. yawn.
How would you know I have only read that website before forming an opinion? Also where does the evidence you speak of come from? And what were you doing inside the seashell? Are you angry? The inflatable wife turned out to be a baloon-like condom? Yawn you say? I say YAWN to you Jonboy. Yawn.
Old 01.18.2010, 07:53 PM   #53
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix
Is there a thread in the music forum? Maybe you should make one.
I can't find one. Will you make one for me?
Old 01.18.2010, 08:21 PM   #54
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
science. people should try more of that.

but i have a better idea. instead of killing all nature slowly and and having to put up with years of brainless babies and slow annoying pandemics and cancers and hunger and death,

why don't we organise an universal suicide pact for humans?

or maybe if you wanna make it fun, we can call it apocalypse day and shoot each other until there's no one left, so the human race can go with style.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 08:33 PM   #55
amerikangod
invito al cielo

amerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's assesamerikangod kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox
or maybe if you wanna make it fun, we can call it apocalypse day and shoot each other until there's no one left, so the human race can go with style.

I am so down for this, it's unreal.

amerikangod is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 10:23 PM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
why does ... nature crowd.

ok, i scanned through that, haven't read the 3 pages of thread (yet, anyway), so here's my quick answer:

1) nature is very fucking complicated and we don't fucking understand it-- we only understand it minimally. part of it is that nature is us, or we are nature, too, but we have the retarded notion that we are somehow "separate" from it. that's totally fucking wrong. just because we make "stuff" that's not found growing in the jungle doesn't make us "unnatural".

2) we eat, breathe, drink what's around us. therefore we eat and drink our own shit and piss and breather our own farts. if we shit nice, we get organic produce and lovely chickens, if we shit nasty we eat yellow cake uranium. if we fart dioxins we choke and get cancer. etc.

3) the animals-- ok. they all play a part bla bla bla. it's like when the bees started dying. then you don't get almonds, and what kind of fucked life is life without almonds. are you shitting me?

4) the animals-- ok, this is the thing. in terms of pure self-interest: not-a-hippie: the future of humanity is not in machines but in the genes-- animals are like a huge fucking library of genes. every time we destroy a species is like we're burning a book. the burning of the library of alexandria does not hold a candle to the information that's encrypted in all those fucking brilliant genes that we can use to profit for millennia to come. therefore we are making ourselves more ignorant and retarded and backward 19th century hicks when we kill a genetic library in order to build a smokestack. stupid, retarded, ignorant 19th century fucking bozo dumbfuck.

the 21th century and beyond is going to be all about biotechnology and genetic modification. fucking a right. i want lemur agility and the ability to grow fur in nuclear winter. at will. and photosynthesis on demand. and sonar. and cancer-killing circuits. and shark teeth. ah motherfuckers, the future is an orgy.

anyway, in short, only medieval asstards burn books.

and i like eating animals. keep the fuckers alive. they are tasty.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 10:31 PM   #57
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the 21th century and beyond is going to be all about biotechnology and genetic modification. fucking a right. i want lemur agility and the ability to grow fur in nuclear winter. at will. and photosynthesis on demand. and sonar. and cancer-killing circuits. and shark teeth. ah motherfuckers, the future is an orgy.
Are you talking about biogenetic posthumanism?

Fucking put a round in my skull before that shit happens.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 10:35 PM   #58
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Are you talking about biogenetic posthumanism?

Fucking put a round in my skull before that shit happens.

refer to noiseredux's thread for my ready-made answer

but no, seriously, however you wanna use that library is up to you

genetic modification is coming just like botox and blue contact lenses.

i'm more interested in growing a twin penis above my original one. that would be fucking brilliant.

but seriously, it can't be stopped, it won't be stopped. it HAS TO happen.
Old 01.18.2010, 10:45 PM   #59
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
genetic modification is coming just like botox and blue contact lenses.
Oh, wow, say no more. You've completely sold me on it with this sentence. I love botox and blue contact lenses!
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.18.2010, 10:49 PM   #60
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
Oh, wow, say no more. You've completely sold me on it with this sentence.

ha ha ha-- those blue contacts always crack me up with their permanent pupil dilations.

oh, don't forget silicone tits! and hairplugs!

lick it. you know you wanna.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth