Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What do you do about unfriendly service?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.09.2006, 06:34 AM   #41
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by alyasa
What everyone needs to realise is that working at a record store does not necessarily make you cooler than anyone. It just lets you think you are.

heard.

its funny to me, the whole record store employee attitude. For instance at my local indie vinyl shop there are usually three guys who work there and for fun I will give them celebrity names (because they seriuosly resemble these people. Frank Zappa, the owner, the bastard, and the one who will probably give you the least amount of attention and good service. Jack Black, very knowledgeable and a humble taste in music, you have to draw him out aq little, BUT once you do he will always help you out and recognize you. Justin Bartha (posted a pic because I didn;t theink you folks knew the kid) well, anyways picture that guy with blonde hair and glasses. He's quite,shy and generall the same as the Dick character fromt he novel High Fidelity, very nice but usually just sits at the register readin a zine. Part 2 will ensue with my hip hop record store.....

RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 06:48 AM   #42
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
It has to be said that it works both ways too.When i worked in a record shop sometimes you used to get such arseholes walking through the doors you couldnt help yourself but being sarcastic(i dont belive that you have to be only downright rude to put someone in their place).I was playing the Boredoms once and this silly prick started having a go at me for that.I turned the volume up even more for him to storm off the premises.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 09:56 AM   #43
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
well everyone is allowed to be stressed and pissed off every now and again, as annoying as it is. i would go back and see if they treat you any different. if not then fuck em, dont shop there again.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 10:24 AM   #44
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
If the clerk behind the counter is arrogant and unfriendly... then he/she has the wrong person when I walk in.
Old 08.09.2006, 10:27 AM   #45
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, porkmarras is right, as usual... You'd better make sure you don't come in and expect to be treated like the king of rock and roll. If it was on my watch you did that; well, let's just say you wouldn't think about coming back... Hehe...
Old 08.09.2006, 10:28 AM   #46
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
well everyone is allowed to be stressed and pissed off every now and again, as annoying as it is. i would go back and see if they treat you any different. if not then fuck em, dont shop there again.

Yeah, but I don't really have much choice, since they're one of only two decent music stores in town. Plus, they're right around the corner from where I work. I think that's part of the problem--w/ so little competition around, they don't have to be nice.
Old 08.09.2006, 11:52 AM   #47
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
i work in a shop, i do find it hard to be nice to customers sometimes. its not the customers fault and your dead right - the owner should have been nicer to you, but on the other hand you dont know the situation. sometimes i come to work with my dark rain cloud following me and love to do nothing but start arguments with my "silly" work collegues.. "silly" in referance to my rain cloud thats still following me, now combine this with a busy work envoirment and sometimes things can get a little heated - the unfortunate upshot of this is the workers tend to take their shit out on the customers...

and somedays i'm in brilliant humour and am uber-nice to people.
Old 08.09.2006, 11:58 AM   #48
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, I used to work in a retail store and I know it's not easy...

Odd thought struck me. Maybe they're tired of seeing my ugly face. Like, hey, you come in here every few days and scoop up the good stuff before any of the kids can get to it. Let the other customers buy something...

Not that I buy all THAT much really. But maybe it seems like it to the clerks...
Old 08.09.2006, 12:00 PM   #49
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
i work in a shop, i do find it hard to be nice to customers sometimes. its not the customers fault and your dead right - the owner should have been nicer to you, but on the other hand you dont know the situation. sometimes i come to work with my dark rain cloud following me and love to do nothing but start arguments with my "silly" work collegues.. "silly" in referance to my rain cloud thats still following me, now combine this with a busy work envoirment and sometimes things can get a little heated - the unfortunate upshot of this is the workers tend to take their shit out on the customers...

and somedays i'm in brilliant humour and am uber-nice to people.
Somehow it's impossible for me to imagine you in a bad mood fishy!you always seem so relaxed and thoughtful in your posts that it's hard to believe that you are posting from a busy shop.

Old 08.09.2006, 12:00 PM   #50
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
They should love you for it... Not be rude...
Old 08.09.2006, 12:01 PM   #51
gmku
invito al cielo

Yeah, one would think....

& I'm the most polite, unobtrusive customer you'd ever want. I rarely return anything, complain, ask for help, etc.
Old 08.09.2006, 12:01 PM   #52
alyasa
invito al cielo

Who knows, maybe they don't like your haircut?
Old 08.09.2006, 12:05 PM   #53
gmku
invito al cielo

That's very likely! It's a very utilitarian buzz cut. And I have no tats or piercings.
Old 08.09.2006, 12:06 PM   #54
alyasa
invito al cielo

I'm a psychic heart...
Old 08.09.2006, 12:08 PM   #55
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
if the customer is being an arrogant prick i will most certainly act like a smartass.
Cantankerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 01:07 PM   #56
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i don't think that people OWE me to be friendly. for example, i don't care for waiters who introduce themselves "hi im such and such and i'll be your waiter tonight"-- what the fuck do i care? just bring me my food quickly and keep the beers coming and i'll consider you friend enough to leave you a fat tip. store employees need to be helpful but they don't need to be my buddies-- i mean i had a lot of friends working in a video store and the friendship went beyond the commercial transaction so of course we talked & stuff, but a stranger?

where i have problems with is BAD customer service, people who sigh when you ask them questions, refuse to help when they are required to, and act like they rather be somewhere else. in that case i often start talking VERY LOUD, ask them point blank if they think i'm some kind of asshole and i'm going to let them get away with that shit (i tend to look quite threatening while i'm doing that), and finally add that if they hate their crummy job they should look for something else instead of getting it out on their customers. oh yes i've done that. got apologies and meek responses usually. never tried it at the butcher shop. that could be dangerous.

a caveat, however: i was a waiter for 2 months. don't piss of your waiters or they'll spit on your food. or feed you pubes. or worse...
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 01:34 PM   #57
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i don't think that people OWE me to be friendly. for example, i don't care for waiters who introduce themselves "hi im such and such and i'll be your waiter tonight"-- what the fuck do i care? just bring me my food quickly and keep the beers coming and i'll consider you friend enough to leave you a fat tip. store employees need to be helpful but they don't need to be my buddies-- i mean i had a lot of friends working in a video store and the friendship went beyond the commercial transaction so of course we talked & stuff, but a stranger?

where i have problems with is BAD customer service, people who sigh when you ask them questions, refuse to help when they are required to, and act like they rather be somewhere else. in that case i often start talking VERY LOUD, ask them point blank if they think i'm some kind of asshole and i'm going to let them get away with that shit (i tend to look quite threatening while i'm doing that), and finally add that if they hate their crummy job they should look for something else instead of getting it out on their customers. oh yes i've done that. got apologies and meek responses usually. never tried it at the butcher shop. that could be dangerous.

a caveat, however: i was a waiter for 2 months. don't piss of your waiters or they'll spit on your food. or feed you pubes. or worse...
You wouldn't survive 5 minutes in a busy gay pub.

Old 08.09.2006, 01:36 PM   #58
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
You wouldn't survive 5 minutes in a busy gay pub.

ha ha-- probably true.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.09.2006, 01:39 PM   #59
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ha ha-- probably true.

Old 08.09.2006, 01:56 PM   #60
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Bad service in a record shop I can cope with, after all I'm perfectly capable of looking through the racks on my own. Being ignored by bar staff, though, that's a different matter altogether.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth