Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Most embarassing music-related moment
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What has been your most embarrassing music-related moment?
I've never been involved in a moment that was both embarrassing and music-related 6 21.43%
I've never been involved in any embarrassing moments 0 0%
I've created embarrassing moments for others but never for myself 4 14.29%
I spilled beer all over Ian McKaye 2 7.14%
I tried to take a whiz in the stall next to Mick Jagger but couldn't go 1 3.57%
I bought Arcade Fire's Funeral on vinyl and I still own it 1 3.57%
I was arrested for drinking under the legal age in a music club 1 3.57%
I was arrested for lewd behavior in a record store 0 0%
I bought a Ramones T-shirt and I wore it 2 7.14%
Other: explain below 11 39.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09.07.2006, 05:00 AM   #41
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
Check your Head isn't really an underrated Beatie Boys album.At the time it came out it got tons of good reviews and all that.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 05:14 AM   #42
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I think I saw three of his spoken word shows, one at The Half Moon at Putney, shortly after Joe Cole got shot, one at the Astoria (it was the day after his birthday, but I can't remember which birthday) and one in Portsmouth.

My fave Rollins Band show would be either supporting Nick Cave at the T&C, or a show at the club under the Westway, the name of which has slipped my mind, or at the Marquee. It's difficult to choose.

And I would just like to say that I have never neglected, nor underrated, Check Your Head in my life.

The Subterranean? I saw Rollins Band there, at it was the T&C I saw them & the Beasties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky
Check you Head isn't really an underrated Beatie Boys album.At the time it came out it got tons of good reviews and all that.

I was working in a record shop when it came out, and you couldn't GIVE it away. That's why they were supporting Rollins at the time.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 05:23 AM   #43
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookie
The Subterranean?
That's the one! It was on a Sunday evening and I got up to Notting Hill way too early and had to spend ages hanging around with nothing to do. The band was hanging outside the venue in the afternoon, but I was way too shy/scared to go up and say anything to them.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 05:35 AM   #44
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
I was working in a record shop when it came out, and you couldn't GIVE it away. That's why they were supporting Rollins at the time.[/quote]

Yeah but it did sell enough copies not to be considered criminally underrated,innit guv?

Old 09.07.2006, 05:36 AM   #45
porkmarras
invito al cielo

You was working in one of them shops wasnt you spookie?Innit sweetheart?

Old 09.07.2006, 05:49 AM   #46
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
porky, if I make a sweeping statement, please just accept it.
Old 09.07.2006, 05:51 AM   #47
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Awright then luv.Aintcha gonna accept that everyone's got different opinions sunshine?

Old 09.07.2006, 05:52 AM   #48
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
That's the one! It was on a Sunday evening and I got up to Notting Hill way too early and had to spend ages hanging around with nothing to do. The band was hanging outside the venue in the afternoon, but I was way too shy/scared to go up and say anything to them.

Is the Subterranean still there? I went there a few times, is was a good club.
Old 09.07.2006, 05:53 AM   #49
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Awright then luv.Aintcha gonna accept that everyone's got different opinions sunshine?

Not today.
Old 09.07.2006, 05:59 AM   #50
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
Not today.
Are you getting any complaints from the customers?If it makes you feel better,yesterday this guy told me that the music we put on the phone when there is a queue was revolting and he went on and on and on and on and on and on about it.Arsehole!

Old 09.07.2006, 06:01 AM   #51
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
On Sunday I was going to see 60's Mersey band The Undertakers (now in their 60's, ironically) and before the event was speaking to their most famous member, Jackie Lomax. Except I didn't realisr that it was him, as I hadn't seen a recent picture of him. He's well cool, as they say.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 06:07 AM   #52
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
He struck me as a nice chap that Neil Hannon.Do you happen to like early Divine comedy by any chance?

i met him at a Charlatans gig, No Porkie i dont like them at all, anything by them, and his little "happy spa" head really brought the worst out of me in my drunken state.

i wasnt alone either, my verbal abuse was carried on by other people standing near me. dont get me wrong i'm not a hard ass, i'm not the tin man from "wizard of oz" i actually have some feeling somewhere but fuck it, i hate this shit bag and wasnt gonna let this pass.

as it happens, i felt no guilt afterwards
Old 09.07.2006, 06:14 AM   #53
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
this poll is a bit disturbing, i love arcade fire and have a few different Ramones T-shirts that i wear regularly.

does this make me a bad person.
Old 09.07.2006, 06:25 AM   #54
Pookie
invito al cielo

Quote:
Are you getting any complaints from the customers?If it makes you feel better,yesterday this guy told me that the music we put on the phone when there is a queue was revolting and he went on and on and on and on and on and on about it.Arsehole!

No complaints today, that usually happens on Saturdays. Nice old ladies in the week, grumpy families at the weekend.

What music do you use? We used to have a really annoying beeping sound when people were on hold. So many people complained we had it removed, so now you just get silence.
Old 09.07.2006, 06:33 AM   #55
porkmarras
invito al cielo

Quote:
No complaints today, that usually happens on Saturdays. Nice old ladies in the week, grumpy families at the weekend.

What music do you use? We used to have a really annoying beeping sound when people were on hold. So many people complained we had it removed, so now you just get silence.
I don't know,i haven't heard it myself yet and when i asked this guy what it was he couldnt tell me exactly what song it is.From what i finally got from him i gather that it is something out of a musical wich,considering that this is a theatre, doesn't make it an inappropiate choice after all.I get to speak to loads of really nice old ladies of the posh variety myself.

Old 09.07.2006, 07:28 AM   #56
pokkeherrie
invito al cielo

pokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's assespokkeherrie kicks all y'all's asses
first gig i ever went to was a guns n' roses one... that would be considered embarassing i suppose.

but then again me and my friend were 14 and we thought we were pretty cool going there all by ourselves.
pokkeherrie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.07.2006, 07:39 AM   #57
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Haha, good one with the Arcade Fire option. I don't really like them but my brother's friends with the drummer.
Old 09.07.2006, 07:41 AM   #58
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
The Jagger one. It's fucking annoying he's always at my local and he always seems to go for piss when I do. He's got a tiny dick though.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2007, 03:15 AM   #59
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
Anyone had any embaressing music-related experiences in the last twelve months?
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.21.2007, 03:47 AM   #60
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Well, not THAT music related nor properly embarassing, but it happened after a concert ... Well, I decided to bring a well-hidden-in-backpack couple of wine bottles in that club, and before leaving my house (we had a wonderflu dinner) I told a friend of mine to search for some paper cups to drink the wine unnoticed (you know, drinking from a "normal" paper cup is more subtle than drinking directly from the bottle..) . Well, we sat at a table after the end of the (quite horrid) performance by the band, and I told this girl to give me the cups, and she took them out of the backpack and guess what? Those were some hideous Santa Claus Coca Cola cups, all red and shiny, not exactly what we needed to get unnoticed, especially considering it was mid July... We all laughed for a good 5 minutes, but then I poured the wine in the cups and we started drinking without caring for the strange cups. The waitress kept passing by our table giving us a reeeeeaaaally strange stare and looking at those Christmas glasses...I think I blushed a bit too, it was a kinda embarassing situation, and we were quite drunk too...well, after 10 minutes she came straight to our table, and I was ready to be yelled at/kicked off the club... But instead she said : "those glasses are so nice, where did you get them?". I told her the whole story, she was kinda entertained and friendly and offered us some Sambuca too. Guess we were nicer than I thought. By the way, I have no idea why I wrote all this story.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth