Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Homosexuality
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.25.2006, 09:02 PM   #61
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockerNino
I know several people who are gay. and from what ive talked to them about,i think its genetics.

impossible. no human being inherits sexuality. it is not a genetic thing. the only thing genetic is the development of sexual organs with which to use in sexual behavior. you are taught to be sexual from your culture, so if you are gay you are taught to be gay. it is not genetic. if you call homosexuality genetic you are acknowledging homosexuals as mutants. genes could not dictate sexual behavior that could not result in proliferation, it is against nature itself.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 09:07 PM   #62
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
genes create the brain
the brain is the source of behavior (roughly speaking)
homosexuality occurs among animals as well
about proliferation, it is not the individual but the species that counts. think of gay people as providing important services to the species which would not be available if they were busy reproducing. traditionally, many shamans for example have been homosexual-- some in siberia even take a husband. and among some native american tribes homosexuals are seen as "magical" people that are gifted with special powers. this of course has gone to the dogs since the arrival of judeochristianity-- what a boring lot
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.25.2006, 09:17 PM   #63
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
according to my brothers psychology text book, about 2 % of the population is actually gay
Old 04.25.2006, 09:30 PM   #64
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
i thought it was 1 in 10. but whatever.

oh, i was going to say to al the people here, "homosexual" is such a fucking broad term. is a macho man who fucks other men the same as a drag queen? are all lesbians created equal? are lesbians comparable to gay men, and if so, which ones, and how? is "actually" gay the same as bi-curious?. and what about hermaphrodites? transgenders-- pre and post op? are we counting them? how?

the funny thing about this discussion is that we all pretend to know what the object of the discussion is, when in fact we don't know shit and we haven't even defined the terms of what we mean. gender is fluid enough and uncertain enough that these rigid categories we establish without previous thought (much less with the help of science or philosophy!) are definitely going to bust out.

as for getting people to talk about their perspectives, fine. as for "discovering the truth" in an internet discussion-- dream on brothers and sisters and transgenders.

what causes what....?
Old 04.25.2006, 09:33 PM   #65
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
are you dense, man?
I totally messed that post up. Just disregard it...I was thinking that logically if it was genetic then why would our upbringings play any role? Because if it were genetics you'd be gay anyway, with any upbringings. But the logic doesn't really work in real life. I can't count one and not the other. It just seemed right in my mind at first.
Old 04.25.2006, 09:34 PM   #66
dietzer123
stalker

dietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard suckadietzer123 cold hard sucka
does homosexuality cause all night gyms or do all night gyms cause homosexuality?
Old 04.25.2006, 09:38 PM   #67
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
if you call homosexuality genetic you are acknowledging homosexuals as mutants.

ps- we are ALL mutants
Old 04.25.2006, 09:40 PM   #68
dietzer123
stalker

suchfriends, that is one of the funniest/stupidest things i've ever heard.
Old 04.25.2006, 09:41 PM   #69
dietzer123
stalker

and i think you're giving waaaaay too much credit to nurture. i'd suggest reading some noam chomsky's stuff about linguistics or steven pinker.
Old 04.25.2006, 10:17 PM   #70
nomadicfollower
invito al cielo

nomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's assesnomadicfollower kicks all y'all's asses
So what I've gathered from this thread is that we're ALL very gay mutants.
nomadicfollower is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 12:15 AM   #71
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadicfollower
So what I've gathered from this thread is that we're ALL very gay mutants.

ah, finally someone who makes sense!
Old 04.26.2006, 01:01 AM   #72
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
do you know whats really gay?

this thread
Old 04.26.2006, 01:04 AM   #73
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
do you know whats really gay?

this thread

did you have teh buttsecks with it?
Old 04.26.2006, 01:22 AM   #74
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
so if you are gay you are taught to be gay.

Ha ha.....negatory.
Old 04.26.2006, 01:41 AM   #75
saoq
bad moon rising

saoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to beholdsaoq is a splendid one to behold
i like to think that humans are by nature bisexual, or more precisely pansexual. Our unconsious -as manifested in dreams- is certainly pansexual. So hetero- and homo-sexuality are just different modes of human sexuality.
saoq is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 01:45 AM   #76
Drugstore_Cowboy
little trouble girl

Drugstore_Cowboy ain't too shabby
Enough with the Freudian nonsense.
Drugstore_Cowboy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 04:59 AM   #77
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
its Genetic and thats a Fact
Old 04.26.2006, 06:43 AM   #78
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
The ol' nature vs. nurture debate..... It's both. Debate over.

Apart from these words of supreme wisdom, I'd like to add to a predictable debate by saying: Some of my best friends are gay, so I'm not homophobic - gay people are sick and wrong and should die of AIDS though.

[A joke, lest I be misinterpreted]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 09:00 AM   #79
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
the main cause would be genetics..
and upbringing definitely influences the lifestyle choice..

the "cause" itself is controversial..
the conservatives say, if it is a choice, it can be unchosen..

and if it is proven to be genetic - up to the exact gene sequence that causes it - it can be regarded by some as a genetic disorder..

it has been around as long as humans, and the gay ratio to the general population is about 8%..

homosexuality has been observed in sheep, dolphins, penguins, apes, domestic dogs, hammerhead sharks, and a whole list of insects..

sorry -- i bored myself there..

*/**
nothing here...

candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.26.2006, 09:09 AM   #80
SecretGirl13
little trouble girl

SecretGirl13 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
it's genetic, but i think upbringing influences whether or not people allow themselves to act on it, so it might seem like upbringing was the cause rather than a factor in how it manifests. i don't know why people care so much who likes who-- it's sad that all those types who say it ruins the family are the same people that won't let gay people get married, have a family and be boring and domestic like straight people.

and i love gay penguins. they are also the only animal known to practice prostitution though....

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth