Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page if the core of catholic belief is that jesus died for your sins
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12.25.2008, 08:19 PM   #61
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Happy Fucking Christmas you Fucking Cunt

I have a considered and thoughtful position from which to argue this, but ive drunk so much today i can only count on it as faith

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2008, 08:24 PM   #62
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
What did you drink for christmas ?
The blood of Christ ?

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.25.2008, 08:26 PM   #63
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Furthermore, the core of Catholicism isn't that Jesus died for our sins, the core belief that sets Catholicism apart from all other religions is the mystery of transubstantiation. Unlike other Christians whose cannibalism of Jesus is symbolic, the true beleiving Catholic literally commits ritual cannibalism, idealy every Sunday morning a couple of hours before lunch.

The core belief of Catholicism is that we are sinners as soon as we are born, the rest wouldnt be possible unless we are sure we are scum for simply existing and we need to dedicate our lives to making up for it. With the promise of eternal salvation of course.

I hate this masochism shit, i might be depressed, but I refuse to be Miserable,

Old 12.25.2008, 08:27 PM   #64
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY
What did you drink for christmas ?
The blood of Christ ?

It is 100% proof after all

Old 12.26.2008, 02:15 AM   #65
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Ok, whatever. Hitler was David Copperfield and the bible hasn't changed crafty hands over the centuries, re-adjusting itself to whatever a moment in history called out for. Can't be bothered with this sort of chat. Did you learn that in school, by any chance?

No, Hitler wasn't David Copperfield. But the nazi party did some stuff that was just fucking weird. Like the Thule society.

The Bible hasn't changed since it was codified by the Roman Catholic church, except maybe wording wise. The King James Bible is different than the NIV version, but it's basically the same. People's translations of what certain sentences mean has. But I get messages of tolerance, love, and compassion from it. Jesus himself never advocated hatred towards people of other religions. You could make the argument that the writers of his life might have painted bad pictures of people of other religions.

But to me, at it's very base- Christianity is about following Christ. Not those that distorted his image for their own purposes or motives. Whether it be the Romans who edited out the Gospel of Thomas as well as other gospels, the writers who depicted pretty sympathetic portraits of Pilate, or newer interpretations- I don't think that's theologically what Christianity is about.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 05:20 PM   #66
barnaclelapse
the destroyed room

barnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's assesbarnaclelapse kicks all y'all's asses
I don't hold anything against any race of people.

From what I've understood, Christ forgave those who killed him, so I don't see why anyone else should have to struggle like a jackass with the concept.

Honestly though, I don't really think about it a whole lot.
barnaclelapse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.26.2008, 07:46 PM   #67
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

But to me, at it's very base- Christianity is about following Christ. Not those that distorted his image for their own purposes or motives. Whether it be the Romans who edited out the Gospel of Thomas as well as other gospels, the writers who depicted pretty sympathetic portraits of Pilate, or newer interpretations- I don't think that's theologically what Christianity is about.

truly Christianity is a mystical religion. This is why its major aspects are called "Mysteries" such as 1) the Mystery of the Holy Trinity or 4) The Mystery of the Holy Trinity or 2) the Mystery of Baptism etc

These are metaphysical events, not just symbols or motifs, and those who are initiated through experience with these mysteries understand that like pain, sex, drugs and love, religion is to be internally experienced as an interpretation of perceived feelings.

The church books and bibles and rituals and liturgies are merely vehicles, like genitals or crack pipes, which facilitate the process of the actual feelings themselves.

Look to the feelings of Christ, not merely the teachings.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2008, 10:41 AM   #68
HECKLER SPRAY
invito al cielo

HECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's assesHECKLER SPRAY kicks all y'all's asses
http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n...g?t=1224770987

HECKLER SPRAY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 12.27.2008, 12:52 PM   #69
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HECKLER SPRAY

that seems to be a very Jihadist version of the Garden..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth