Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Lets have a serious discussion about Atheism vs Theology
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.23.2009, 06:48 PM   #61
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses

GOD IS DEAD MOTHERFUCKERS

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 07:02 PM   #62
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I'll pretend I did not hear that. Africa is by no means over populated, in fact with the exception of Egypt, Nigeria and Ethiopia most African countries are sparsely populated. And in a country like Ethiopia, food shortages and disease are caused by mad made disasters and unequal distribution of resources. Further, if anything scientific improvements in the field of medicine haven't even begun to properly affect or increase Africa's population. But that is off topic, this is a discussion about Science and Theology, not geopolitics.

I was by no means being serious, 'twas a joke.
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 07:05 PM   #63
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
stephen Gould is not the be all and end all of this topic man.

MOST people in the USA are creationists.

sjg may not have been the end all be all of this topic but

a) i never claimed he was the end all be all, i simply sided with his view and presented it in an internet-friendly manner-- your refutation is therefore inaccurate, if not specious. refute the actual argument or concede the point.

b) he absolutely knew a fuckload more than you on about the subject, so you can't get him on appeal to authority (yours). refute the actual argument or concede the point.

c) his argument as much as you may disagree was a far cry from "a bullshit response" to the problem-- the sucka wrote a whole book on it. ad-hominems won't fly. refute the argument or concede the point.

!@#$%! + stephen jay gould 3
robinstigator 0

ha ha haaaa

by the way man i despise relijuns as much as you do, just so you know, and i've made that obvious here plenty. for those who understand, science and religion they deal with a completely different set of issues. only ignorant people conflate them--that was my initial point-- so please don't be one of them.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 07:05 PM   #64
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
I google imaged, 'religion serious business' and this came up.

demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 07:08 PM   #65
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I google imaged, 'religion serious business' and this came up.

i almost had a boner, but my response was cut off by their lack of lips
Old 07.23.2009, 07:09 PM   #66
Shifty Prophet
100%

Shifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's assesShifty Prophet kicks all y'all's asses
Yes,yes anime chicks often lack good dsl's.
Shifty Prophet is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.23.2009, 07:16 PM   #67
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
http://itsjesuslol.com/
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2009, 09:49 AM   #68
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
sjg may not have been the end all be all of this topic but

a) i never claimed he was the end all be all, i simply sided with his view and presented it in an internet-friendly manner-- your refutation is therefore inaccurate, if not specious. refute the actual argument or concede the point.

b) he absolutely knew a fuckload more than you on about the subject, so you can't get him on appeal to authority (yours). refute the actual argument or concede the point.

c) his argument as much as you may disagree was a far cry from "a bullshit response" to the problem-- the sucka wrote a whole book on it. ad-hominems won't fly. refute the argument or concede the point.

!@#$%! + stephen jay gould 3
robinstigator 0

ha ha haaaa

by the way man i despise relijuns as much as you do, just so you know, and i've made that obvious here plenty. for those who understand, science and religion they deal with a completely different set of issues. only ignorant people conflate them--that was my initial point-- so please don't be one of them.

no probs.
Old 07.24.2009, 09:57 AM   #69
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Tell that to the hundreds of millions of bodies which have piled up over the past hundred years of modern warfare. Tell that to the countless refugees and victims of war across the world. Regardless of the motivation for war, the technology used today was created by the callousness of science, cold facts often have no heart.

religions and spiritual prejudices killed TRILLIONS throughout history, and even modern wars have religious basis. the nazis did not try to exterminate the hebrew race from their lands for secular reasons.
the muslims do not kill their neighbors for secular reasons.
Old 07.24.2009, 10:02 AM   #70
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

I just wanna say I never intended anything personal with my rantings. I love you all and would kill and die to preserve your right to worship whatever the hell you wish to worship.

Old 07.24.2009, 10:22 AM   #71
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'm sorry, but if at this point, anyone takes yr anti-religious rantings personally, they can fuck off.

it's pretty much a given fact that you drive the religi-threads.

The Passion of the Instigator
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.24.2009, 10:51 AM   #72
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
no probs.

Quote:
I just wanna say I never intended anything personal with my rantings. I love you all and would kill and die to preserve your right to worship whatever the hell you wish to worship.

Old 07.24.2009, 04:40 PM   #73
terriblecanyons
invito al cielo

Location: the land where large fuzzy dice still hang proudly like testicles from rear-view mirrors
terriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's assesterriblecanyons kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark

GOD IS DEAD MOTHERFUCKERS

Repped, so hard
terriblecanyons is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2009, 01:15 AM   #74
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
"A theistic universe may very well be compatible with an ontological uniformity, but is incompatible with any knowledge of ontology. In a theistic universe, there are no mental processes and therefore no will. Will comes from the human brain, which is too complex to exist in an indetermined universe. Imagine, for instance, a 747 flying through the air in a completely indetermined universe. Pressing a button may retract the wheels, but it may also crash the plane, or turn it into confetti. Not doing anything may keep the plane flying straight, or it may turn the plane upside down, or go into a nosedive. In such conditions, how would we know anything in regards to keeping the plane straight?
The human mind, likewise, could not have evolved its complex algorithms and functions if it did not exist in a deterministic universe, where the laws of nature apply uniformly in nerves and brain tissue.And if there is no uniformity of nature and no sovereign will, then there is no knowledge, no values, and therefore no purpose (which is nothing more than long-term values applied by the sovereign will of the individual)." from
Introduction To Materialist Apologetics

by Francois Tremblay

That is silly. How does the concept of biological evolution of the mind somehow negate the existence of divinity? His premise is that a Divine God above the rules of nature somehow negates nature because that divinity has the power to transcend the rules but.. that fails to consider the very simple fact that just because God can change the rules doesn't mean that this God has or necessarily wants to..

Further, if God is the rules themselves, then how does this contradict the rules of biological evolution? Can't God be the rules of natural selection, the mechanism behind the process, the prime selector, who creates the playing field, players, game and all the rules and is a sort of Cosmic refure?

On that note, here is some deep theology to ponder..

What makes the so-called Laws and Rules of the Universe complete and absolute? Why is there gravity? Why are there strong and weak nuclear forces or electro-magnetic energy? Why do these observed fundamental principles of the material universe stay the exact same in all events? There is not necessarily a scientific explanation for that as there is yet a Unified Theory. Theology easily fills in the blank, God is the force behind the rules, the Cosmic Enforcer of the Fundamental Rules of the Universe, the Divine Selector in the Process of Natural Selection. I have never understood why the observations of cosmic and biological evolution HAVE TO NECESSARILY negate the existence of God. Sure, they might discredit religions and holy books, particular customs or traditions, but that is not theology that is culture. Culture should not be confused with divinity. If science disproves the bible that is good and fine, but it is not a logical conclusion to say that scientific observations disprove the existence of Divine or Supernatural forces just because the current religious interpretations of these forces might be flawed. Science itself gets it wrong most of the time, so maybe science should start cutting religion a chance and giving it time to grow and advance, as it has for thousands of years. Religion is not stagnant, and science does not automatically negate religious experience by disproving holy texts.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth