Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page quitting smoking
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.07.2010, 03:56 PM   #61
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I caught my mum smoking my dad's pipe once. She ran out of cigarettes and just had to smoke something to satiate her desire.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 04:01 PM   #62
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
i had some very bad cannabis psychosis ha so i'm off it for good. anyway i'm going to go off the cigs tonight, wish me luck motherfucks, if i get stressed out and crave i will instead take out my frustration by being a dick on this message board! yay! so i am launching this new abstinence with some fresh ferraro jams and green tea. i am going to use the ferraro jams to meditate on the damaged chakra channels that access zebra light crystals levitating in the boner windmill angels of spherical peacock anal bead neptune gem yoga concioussness so i can reach enlightenment as to the root cause of my addiction and how i can be cured.

Just have a wank son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 04:02 PM   #63
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I caught my mum smoking my dad's pipe once. She ran out of cigarettes and just had to smoke something to satiate her desire.

*sniggers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 04:13 PM   #64
ilduclo
invito al cielo

ilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's assesilduclo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
4 years... what was it like after 6 months? How long did you smoke for before you quit?
\

after 6 months it was a lot better, but still would get real cravings from time to time (couple 3 times a week, maybe?)

I smoked from 15 to 35-- 20 years! I used the patch and it worked for me (barely)
ilduclo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 04:37 PM   #65
Crumb's Crunchy Delights
expwy. to yr skull

Crumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard suckaCrumb's Crunchy Delights cold hard sucka
im not allowed to smoke in my room anyways

it wouldnt be worth the pain
Crumb's Crunchy Delights is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 06:00 PM   #66
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellcharge
i have quit before but that's not what he means anyways, he already said what he meant: I was wrong when I assumed that you were a facist non-smoker. it turns out that yr just stupid.
no, if you weren't so dense (and still buttsore about gypsies) you would see that that is exactly what I'm saying.

along with yr failure in logic (retards->successfully quit. retards->can't successfully quit) you still smoke yrself!

but that's only because you don't want to and NOT because you can't.

taste the full-flavored hypocrisy!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 06:33 PM   #67
wellcharge
expwy. to yr skull

wellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asseswellcharge kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
no, if you weren't so dense (and still buttsore about gypsies) you would see that that is exactly what I'm saying.

along with yr failure in logic (retards->successfully quit. retards->can't successfully quit) you still smoke yrself!

fat.lazy and semi-retarded morons have quit smoking

i said that fat,lazy and semi retarded people quit, i didn't say that retards do, although it's likely happened. and i didn't imply that not quitting makes you a retard, i said it means you are unsuccessful at something retards have probably done, i never implied that makes you a retard yrself, otherwise everyone who hasn't made it to the special olympics would be a retard.

continuing to smoke because you want to smoke, is very different than wanting to stop yet continuing. i definitely did not call nik a retard, or imply that he was incapable of stopping, rather i implied that pretty much anyone is capable of stopping. no hypocrisy is present, except on yr end.

taste the full flavoured hypocrisy

if you promise to cut yr fingers off i would be willing to officially quit smoking long term? i need the fingers in the mail within a month however for proof
wellcharge is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 06:50 PM   #68
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i quit on christmas day, it's going ok, i get tempted very at work though, whenever something shit happens i just want to nip out for a fag and some solace, that's what i need to find a replacement for.
my chest feels much cleaner for quitting, and my smoker cough has gone.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 07:14 PM   #69
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
if you promise to cut yr fingers off i would be willing to officially quit smoking long term? i need the fingers in the mail within a month however for proof

why would I cut off my fingers to save you?

just because I caught you giving out net-advice without a permit does not mean that I care what you do with yr life.

in fact, I want to you keep smoking!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 07:18 PM   #70
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
in sheer desperation i did once try to make a roll up out of the contents of a tea bag.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 07:23 PM   #71
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Ugh, the idea of quitting alone makes me cringe! My advice is to start chewing gum every time you want a cig. It worked for my grandfather and he hasn't smoked in over 30 years. Anyways, good luck ni'k!
Old 01.07.2010, 07:31 PM   #72
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I caught my mum smoking my dad's pipe once. .

that explains a lot

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 07:32 PM   #73
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
fat.lazy and semi-retarded morons have quit smoking

i said that fat,lazy and semi retarded people quit, i didn't say that retards do, although it's likely happened. and i didn't imply that not quitting makes you a retard, i said it means you are unsuccessful at something retards have probably done, i never implied that makes you a retard yrself, otherwise everyone who hasn't made it to the special olympics would be a retard.

continuing to smoke because you want to smoke, is very different than wanting to stop yet continuing. i definitely did not call nik a retard, or imply that he was incapable of stopping, rather i implied that pretty much anyone is capable of stopping. no hypocrisy is present, except on yr end.

taste the full flavoured hypocrisy

not trying to sound like dad but
whoever says i quit when i want
is still in denial

haha and the teabag
who hasnt

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.07.2010, 11:03 PM   #74
phoenix
invito al cielo

phoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's assesphoenix kicks all y'all's asses
i've never been a smoker long enough to become addicted. Both parents smoked constantly through my childhood in the house though, and i guess that may be the reason i rarely do get a real craving for it.

I'd never consider becoming a regular smoker.. There are far more fun addictions to have. Sometimes the smell can be comforting, but i think again that is a childhood thing.

I do however, well have in the past, had issues with pain killers. They are awful to try and remove from yr life. So i can somewhat sympathise..

I think honestly for me the only way was to remove all my bad habbits at once, at least while i was getting over it. I stopped drinking, no weed, and didn't take anything that came in pill form. I also made a real effort to eat very healthy and get more exercise. I'm not sure why that worked the best for me.. Whether having more things to think about took the focus off a little, or removing the ridiculous amount of downers from my system gave me a better point of view from which to tackle moments of weakness..
Old 01.07.2010, 11:23 PM   #75
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
I smoked to the point that I started to want another cigarette, which frightened me from smoking anymore cigarettes.

Still have my pipe, though. An essential accessory to the ostentatious philosophile.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2010, 01:14 AM   #76
alteredcourse
expwy. to yr skull

alteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's assesalteredcourse kicks all y'all's asses
After cutting down first, I would still hold in my mind the persistence of how much I really do love to smoke. I love to inhale, I love to take a break from whatever I'm doing, I love summer nights on the deck alone in silence with a cigarette, I love different kinds of smokes. That's what would come up every few minutes or so when I'd remember: time for a smoke.

But after about 4-6 months (I have a broken hippocampus), that psychological attachment stopped sitting at the forefront of my mind, and 2 years later (for the past year though actually) I can honestly say that I still agree with all those statements but in a faraway, unattached, unimportant way. Having a cigar once in a while is enough for me, I just dont care that much anymore. And being so removed from it makes me feel relief that at least THAT dependency/barrier doesnt exist - life gives you enough as it is, without your control involved.

So ultimately it's about getting over the physical addiction, and yeah I'm not surprised to hear that anti-depressants are perscribed to quit smoking - it's tightly linked to dopamine. Maybe try taking some amino acids and herbs linked to supporting dopamine production in a gentle non-pharmaceutical way. I know that the amino acid L-Tyrosine is what's used to make dopamine, and you can buy that in a store.
alteredcourse is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2010, 01:50 AM   #77
pbradley
invito al cielo

pbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's assespbradley kicks all y'all's asses
Alteredcourse, indeed. Ever consider studying medicine? You know, if you aren't already.
pbradley is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2010, 07:08 AM   #78
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I am currently dating a smoker. She's sexy.

I smoke like two or three cigarettes a week. Sometimes I just crave that smooth nicotine glow. I can see why people would want that in their life -- but personally, cigarettes just seem like such a cheap thrill. I'm more for big thrills.

So, what am I trying to say?

Shoot paint thinner in your dick instead.

Unless you're a girl.

Oh, and perhaps you should just quit, and if possible, overdose on ambien for like 2 weeks and then you will have slept through all the shitty side effects.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2010, 07:37 AM   #79
chrome noise tape
the end of the ugly

chrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asseschrome noise tape kicks all y'all's asses
i quit smoking three years ago , but since last month i start a daily habit ( i don't know why ) of one cig. after lunch with the coffee...that's it , one per day...feels good but damn! i broke my smoke abstinence of 3 years.
chrome noise tape is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.08.2010, 07:40 AM   #80
radarmaker
the end of the ugly

radarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's assesradarmaker kicks all y'all's asses
42.5 hours clean.
radarmaker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth