Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Fuck.. College isn't what is used to be (Hunstville Shooting)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02.17.2010, 12:04 PM   #61
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
knew youd reply, i very much like our differences. you make this place more interesting

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.17.2010, 12:42 PM   #62
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
i took my happy pills today

Old 02.17.2010, 12:56 PM   #63
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by knox

and as for stabbing in the UK, i'm sure the number is more significant than that, but still.

that number is for 16-24, and murder, there are approx 20,000 stabbings over all, but they do not result in homicide. In Los Angeles, the average is well over 100 16-24 youths murdered by gun violence a year, and I can't even FIND the statistics on how many shootings again, here in LA we would LOVE to go back to knife fight days, then I might have a few friends still alive

"
The most popular murder weapon remains the knife or other sharp instrument, such as a broken bottle, with 255 of the 651 deaths analysed the result of a fatal stabbing. This compares with 271 knife murders the year before.
However, the police figures show that the overall level of knife crime has fallen by 12%, with particularly substantial declines in robberies and attacks involving grievous bodily harm, suggesting that it is not improved treatment for victims that is behind the fall in the murder rate.
There is a similar picture in gun crime where the number of murder victims has fallen from 53 to 39 – the lowest number since 1989." (from the Guardian.co.uk)

SHIT IN LOS ANGELES THERE ARE between 150-250 POLICE RELATED GUN HOMICIDES ALONE! Just the city!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL
I can see everyone's point here. But I am still going to keep my guns. Sorry, I'm not going to try and kill a rattle snake with a knife. I will protect my children so they can go outside. With out my dad's shotgun I would have had pretty much nothing to eat as a child, since our main source of food was deer meat and garden vegetables. I know you can live on only veggies but we did not have a soy bean processing plant to make fake meat with.

I really do not see why people cling on to the constitution for what they believe in and choose to ignore what others believe in from the constitution. For example:I personally do not agree with abortion, but it is a constitutional right and that is fine with me if people choose that path because it is thier right to do so in this country.

On another note we do need more gun control. We need more honest vendors that do follow the waiting periods and background checks. I am sure that gun violence would go down if we eliminated them, but it would still exist.

a) keep yr shotgun, I'm primarily talking about regulating hand guns and assault rifles. DC is following LA's example, I am sure their hand gun deaths and shootings will massively decline, even though the NRA folks are convinced that if you take away citizen's access to fire-arms you only arm the criminals. It just ain't true

b) abortion is not a constitutional right, and neither is gun ownership, rather these are current, temporary interpretations of the Constitution, and in the future as in the past, could be reinterpreted removing anachronisms to make the laws fit into our contemporary reality

c) I never said get rid of ALL guns (though in truth, that would be nice) but I definitely agree with the STRICT control of guns, as done here in California

d) knox, in cali there are so many strict background checks and waiting periods, the VAST majority of street guns are stolen from dealers/warehouses/shipping yards. I used to know a couple of folks who were into that kind of shit a few years back, they used to gank straps by the pallet! Much much easier then getting someone to go in and buy you a gun taking the risk to report it stolen after the fact.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2010, 10:12 AM   #64
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

the NRA is shit. I hate when people take shit to extremes

Old 02.18.2010, 10:26 AM   #65
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
knew youd reply, i very much like our differences. you make this place more interesting

however
you did not respond to my point.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2010, 10:26 AM   #66
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
which is
i cannot kill you with my abortion.

Old 02.18.2010, 10:30 AM   #67
knox
invito al cielo

dear suchfriends,

i watched this documentary tv show about the violence in mexico, like i said.
it was about the us, not about california.
99,9% of the guns used to create absolute chaos and horror in mexico come from the us.
apparently, you need some bureaucracy to purchase a gun in most states, but afterwards, you can "lose it", or "give it away", and there is no regular paperwork after you purchase it.

Old 02.18.2010, 10:37 AM   #68
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
which is
i cannot kill you with my abortion.

Doyou really want me to get into it? Cause I'm going to.

in my opinion it is murder to kill an unborn child. God put that sperm and egg together with plans of new life and creation. So you may not be able to kill me, but you are able to kill an innocent. I don't care about all that science shit "it's not technically a human untill a certain point" that is an exuse to justify murder.

I believe that abortions are nessicary in certain instances, but I think it is wrong moraly to kill a child simply because you were not planning on getting pregnant. When you get pregnat your body is not yours any more. It is a cradle of life. You have to start thinking of some one besides yourself. Your childs rights are more important than your own.

Old 02.18.2010, 10:40 AM   #69
knox
invito al cielo

I didn't ask for your opinions on abortion. I simply made a point that people's right to abort - despite your opinion - cannot harm you. People carrying a gun can (and does) harm you and other people.

Old 02.18.2010, 10:44 AM   #70
knox
invito al cielo

If you really care about the killing of innocents, you'd be more concerned with the gun industry. The number of people killed in the world as a result of the manufacturing and selling of guns is way superior to the number of babies that get aborted anyway, I guarantee you.

Old 02.18.2010, 10:54 AM   #71
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Please exuse i misread. Yes it can but that does not exclude my right to own one. We need better restrictions and better regulations. I am not for passing out automatic weapons to anyone. I stand on my right to survive. Not just against people but animals.

Let me ask you this: if you walked on your front porch and a 6 ' cotton mouth was waiting for you. What are you gonna do? Get the kitchen knife? Chase it with a shovel? Then when and if you kill him his mate is gonna come along next cause that is what they do.

When I was about 5 me and my brother were sitting under a beautifull tree in the woods in our back yard while my momma picked blackberries from the ditch. I look up and hanging in the tree limbs above my head is a rattle snake about 8" wide and 5' long. We run to the neighbors whose home was about 30' away from where we were. They shot it with a shot gun and ate it for dinner.
One of the scariest days of my life.

Old 02.18.2010, 11:10 AM   #72
knox
invito al cielo

I don't know. But I had this student from Siria and he said there were a lot of snakes where he used to live and he knows how to grab them and kill them with his bare hands.

Most people in the world that live in areas with dangerous animals have no guns (natives for example), learn about them and how to deal with them and how to protect themselves in other ways.

Alternatively, people can deal with dangerous animals with non-lethal weapons that can put them to sleep without having to kill them.

There is nothing that justifies the selling of guns as a "right". It's almost as if you're saying everyone has the right to potentially murder someone else.

But most likely, I'd just go back inside.

Old 02.18.2010, 11:13 AM   #73
ni'k
invito al cielo

ni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's assesni'k kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Doyou really want me to get into it? Cause I'm going to.

in my opinion it is murder to kill an unborn child. God put that sperm and egg together with plans of new life and creation. So you may not be able to kill me, but you are able to kill an innocent. I don't care about all that science shit "it's not technically a human untill a certain point" that is an exuse to justify murder.

I believe that abortions are nessicary in certain instances, but I think it is wrong moraly to kill a child simply because you were not planning on getting pregnant. When you get pregnat your body is not yours any more. It is a cradle of life. You have to start thinking of some one besides yourself. Your childs rights are more important than your own.

what a load of utter shit.
ni'k is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 02.18.2010, 11:15 AM   #74
knox
invito al cielo

i think she's also saying God intended the world to be over populated with people living under the worst conditions.

I shouldn't even be saying this, as a non-native English speaker, but her spelling offends my OCD.

Old 02.18.2010, 11:17 AM   #75
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
If you really care about the killing of innocents, you'd be more concerned with the gun industry. The number of people killed in the world as a result of the manufacturing and selling of guns is way superior to the number of babies that get aborted anyway, I guarantee you.

Don't you get it I am concerned about the gun industry. It is in dire need of attention. I just don't think it's right to strip away all guns.

Also some statistics I have verified:
aproximitly 1,460,000 babies are aborted each year in America

Per the Center for Disease Control, latest figures (2005) show 30,694 firearm deaths (all races, all ages, both sexes) in the United States.

I know you can do the math.

Old 02.18.2010, 11:20 AM   #76
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
i think she's also saying God intended the world to be over populated with people living under the worst conditions.

I shouldn't even be saying this, as a non-native English speaker, but her spelling offends my OCD.

No that is why we have wars and uncurable diseases population control

Fuck my spelling this a message board not a spelling test. If that is your only OCD problem yr lucky

Old 02.18.2010, 11:21 AM   #77
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k
what a load of utter shit.

I could say the same about you.

Old 02.18.2010, 11:21 AM   #78
knox
invito al cielo

I don't think you are considering the damage of the american gun industry in other countries tho. Most of the violence and organized crime all over latin america happens with the guns manufactured there.

Also, I believe that you can understand abortion is not the same as murder, and having someone murdered after they are actually born affects more people in more ways.

Do you think america can handle 1.460.000 extra million people a year? just asking.

Old 02.18.2010, 11:22 AM   #79
knox
invito al cielo

Quote:
No that is why we have wars and uncurable diseases population control

Fuck my spelling this a message board not a spelling test. If that is your only OCD problem yr lucky

oh so God wants people to be born so he can kill with wars and uncurable diseases? what a fucking sociopath.

Old 02.18.2010, 11:24 AM   #80
knox
invito al cielo

and no, that's not my only OCD problem, it's just one of them. but i am indeed lucky.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth