Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Proposition 19 - California will make recreational pot use legal November 2nd
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.17.2010, 12:18 PM   #61
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks homie
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2010, 12:52 PM   #62
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
So then there will be Phillip Morris brand marijuana selling in California and they'll have a cartoon rabbit smoking dope in commercials, and they'll grow it in third world countries using massive amounts of pesticides killing indigenous wildlife while raping countries of their farmland, leaving many many more people to starve, just so some rich-ass white boys in California can get lit.

The pesticides in the pot will give people cancer because many will be too lazy to grow it at home.

Jam rock will become the predominant musical style and you won't be able to get away from it. And tie-dye.

Or since prop-8 went through, this won't because of the morally conservative majority in California, people will cry while listening to their Bob Marley, and different evil men will still make the money and still destroy the world in less legal venues.

So either way really, you're fucked.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2010, 01:02 PM   #63
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
No amount of drugs will ever get me to like Jam music.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2010, 01:53 PM   #64
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Haha I got neg repped by hevusa!

No idea what I'm talking about apparently.

I wonder which comment had him the most angry. Probably the jam rock and tie-dye thing.

I wasn't insinuating that drugs make you like jam rock and tie-dye. I'm insinuating that legal drugs will attract jam rock and tie-dye.

So maybe you'll get lucky and the marijuana industry won't be like the tobacco industry. Maybe it will be more like the beer industry, and at most places all you'll be able to find is the Coors Light equivalent of marijuana.

There will be some people who grow their own, but those people will be considered "weird" and "nerds"
Old 09.17.2010, 01:54 PM   #65
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
sonic youth live is "jam rock" you know....
Old 09.17.2010, 01:59 PM   #66
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

I know.

You know what's funny. . .

. . .oh, never mind.
Old 09.17.2010, 02:12 PM   #67
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Remmeber when Thurston said to him the ideal audience for a show would be to have a co-headlining gig with Phish? I think me and maybe 3 other people on this forum would be the only ones in the audience. It would be awesome.
Old 09.17.2010, 02:36 PM   #68
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead
So maybe you'll get lucky and the marijuana industry won't be like the tobacco industry. Maybe it will be more like the beer industry, and at most places all you'll be able to find is the Coors Light equivalent of marijuana.

Now you're talkin'. Give me the local, organic alternative! Phillip Morris can suck a cock.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.17.2010, 10:14 PM   #69
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
So why don't those of you living in California and growing your own weed just start yyour own companies? You can be the beginning of the marijuana industry yourselves.
Old 09.17.2010, 10:21 PM   #70
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Now you're talkin'. Give me the local, organic alternative! Phillip Morris can suck a cock.

Or maybe Philip Morris will develop a genetically altered strain of pot that is highly physically addictive that you just have to have.

Or maybe they will develop a genetically altered strain of pot that is patented by them so they can sue you if you grow it, and at the same time create a virus that non genetically altered pot is susceptible to. Kabing Kabang Kabloom. . .
Old 09.17.2010, 10:38 PM   #71
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
Remmeber when Thurston said to him the ideal audience for a show would be to have a co-headlining gig with Phish? I think me and maybe 3 other people on this forum would be the only ones in the audience. It would be awesome.

I'd go too.

Who knows. . . I might enjoy the Phish part.
Old 09.17.2010, 11:45 PM   #72
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
So then there will be Phillip Morris brand marijuana selling in California and they'll have a cartoon rabbit smoking dope in commercials, and they'll grow it in third world countries using massive amounts of pesticides killing indigenous wildlife while raping countries of their farmland, leaving many many more people to starve, just so some rich-ass white boys in California can get lit.

The pesticides in the pot will give people cancer because many will be too lazy to grow it at home.

Jam rock will become the predominant musical style and you won't be able to get away from it. And tie-dye.

Or since prop-8 went through, this won't because of the morally conservative majority in California, people will cry while listening to their Bob Marley, and different evil men will still make the money and still destroy the world in less legal venues.

So either way really, you're fucked.

I see you're point(s) on some of this, but really...I hope you are joking about the jam music + tie-dye part. I know many, many of folks that smoke and don't dig any of that shit.

And I'm not going to say what may or may not go on in my personal life, but you'll never catch me listening to reggae. An event that happens maybe twice a year for mere minutes at a time. I respect some of it, but it's just never done much for me.

Pot should be legalized EVERYWHERE! Too many people suffering for something that is considerably less harmful than booze AND cigarettes. People that deal with pain related issues might not be spending quite as much on medical bills.

And of course, there will be those that try and pull some bullshit and sell pesticide-ridden marijuana, but PEOPLE will have a choice on what they buy (or perhaps even grow themselves). Always hurdles, so what? It's the same way with tobacco.
Old 09.18.2010, 12:06 AM   #73
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
So then there will be Phillip Morris brand marijuana selling in California

http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/co...a-Legalization

the reason i posted this link is because of this quote, which features the name phillip morris

“I’ll give you two reasons,” Craig said. “One is big tobacco. Did you know that Phillip Morris just bought 400 acres of land up in Northern California? The minute marijuana becomes legal, they’ll mass produce and flood the market. And of course, they’ll add the same toxins they put in regular cigarettes to get you addicted, and very little THC, so you’ll have to buy more… In short, they’re going to ruin weed.”

now i'm pro-legalising because i don't want people in jail for such dumb shit,losing jobs etc.

but i'm pretty worried that yeah, big corporations will probably clear cut some massive area in bolivia and grow some chemical laden weed with terminator seeds and fuck loads of additives.

i think it could be a great thing for farmers and smokers if corporations were kept out of it. setting limits on how much can be grown by a single group, only allowing the sale of cannabis grown within the united states and stuff like that

but yeah the government won't do that and we're fucked

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
And of course, there will be those that try and pull some bullshit and sell pesticide-ridden marijuana, but PEOPLE will have a choice on what they buy (or perhaps even grow themselves). Always hurdles, so what? It's the same way with tobacco.

you could say the same thing about vegetables or coffee, the fact is most people, when given those choices will choose the cheaper and better distributed option despite the fact that it's trash
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 12:10 AM   #74
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/co...a-Legalization

the reason i posted this link is because of this quote, which features the name phillip morris

“I’ll give you two reasons,” Craig said. “One is big tobacco. Did you know that Phillip Morris just bought 400 acres of land up in Northern California? The minute marijuana becomes legal, they’ll mass produce and flood the market. And of course, they’ll add the same toxins they put in regular cigarettes to get you addicted, and very little THC, so you’ll have to buy more… In short, they’re going to ruin weed.”

now i'm pro-legalising because i don't want people in jail for such dumb shit,losing jobs etc.

but i'm pretty worried that yeah, big corporations will probably clear cut some massive area in bolivia and grow some chemical laden weed with terminator seeds and fuck loads of additives.

i think it could be a great thing for farmers and smokers if corporations were kept out of it. setting limits on how much can be grown by a single group, only allowing the sale of cannabis grown within the united states and stuff like that

but yeah the government won't do that and we're fucked

you could say the same thing about vegetables or coffee, the fact is most people, when given those choices will choose the cheaper and better distributed option despite the fact that it's trash

Agreed, but still...there IS a choice.
Old 09.18.2010, 12:12 AM   #75
keep poppin pimples
expwy. to yr skull

keep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asseskeep poppin pimples kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
Agreed, but still...there IS a choice.

as long as the government doesn't cause problems for people who grow themselves, or for smaller marijuana producers, and i think that's a possibility
keep poppin pimples is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 12:36 AM   #76
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Or maybe Philip Morris will develop a genetically altered strain of pot that is highly physically addictive that you just have to have.

So what? Like I said, they can suck a cock. Only idiots would smoke their shit.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 12:54 AM   #77
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
as long as the government doesn't cause problems for people who grow themselves, or for smaller marijuana producers, and i think that's a possibility

It's possible, sure. + while I'm sure there would be issues at first, I don't see them lasting. It's not impossible to by pesticide/additive free fruits, veggies, or tobacco, nor is it all that difficult.

But yeah, there are typically bugs to be worked out at the beginning.
Old 09.18.2010, 02:39 AM   #78
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

I may be the only non marijuana user in this thread, and I may be razzing you guys a little bit. . . but one thing that concerns me is public consumption. I don't really like public alcohol intoxication, and I don't think I'd really like people being stoned in public either. Fuck even when I go to bars to drink I prefer not to be around drunk people. Although sometimes they can be rather entertaining.

I'm one of those uptight assholes that has applauded smoking bans. Though I can't stand smoke. Before PA had the ban, if I was at a show I'd regularly have to step outside for air.

Whatever people do in the privacy of their own homes or in the appropriate public places is fine with me.

One other thing- I hate how some people seem to have to be high or drunk to cut loose. It really bugs me how stuffy people can be until they take something. Or how people only think that their mind is capable of brilliance when intoxicated in someway.

I'm not opposed to people taking drugs or getting drunk, I just personally don't feel the need, and I feel that it definitely isn't for everyone. Regardless of health effects, some people develop unhealthy obsessions/addictions.

I say this coming from the viewpoint of someone who has a brother who is bipolar and has addiction problems. He's not just a pothead, he does a bunch of other shit too, but I feel in a certain way that him starting out as a pothead opened up this idea to him that the world is simply better in an altered state.

I'm sure most of you aren't like that, and I realize that people like my brother will obtain whatever drugs they like regardless of legality.

I'd like to think most (or at least many) people are able to make mature decisions. I could get sloshed every night on cheap box wine but I don't.
Old 09.18.2010, 02:41 AM   #79
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevusa
Everyone for legalization better get off their ass and vote on November 2nd.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/California_Proposition_19

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/...ex.html?hpt=C1

this is good news for the um, erhmm.... kind folks I work for!

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.18.2010, 02:50 AM   #80
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshChops
this is good news for the um, erhmm.... kind folks I work for!

let's just leave it at that! anymore detail and that might be incriminating evidence!

What's funny is my other brother, who's very much the opposite of my younger brother moved from Portland to Monterrey to get away from that sort of thing.

Still, I really doubt it will get passed. . . sorry guys. California may be a blue state, but it still voted by referendum to ban gay marriage as well as to make Arnold Schwarzenegger governor. So it may seem cooler than other states, but in many ways it is only slightly less backwards. I think eventually you guys will see legalization because I think the majority of the younger generations is pro-legalization, more so than prior generations. Or maybe I'm wrong.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth