Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page The Mighty Motorsport Thread 2009
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2009, 11:50 AM   #81
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses

fuuuuck that was close
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2009, 12:52 PM   #82
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
well they say Massa has a skull fracture and will need surgery, what will this mean for him ever racing again?

edit: now saying his condition has gotten worse "life-threatning but stable", hope he can pull out of it
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2009, 04:19 PM   #83
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
what the fuck?? last i heard he was simply very stunned... my god, where did that pic come from.... thats fucking serious!!!

life threatening but stable??? thats really really contradictory..man thats got me worried!!!

seriously close call.. when i saw the replay on the quali, i got very worried, i thought immediatly of henry surtees.... what really worried me was the lack of replays! that always sugests there is something damn wrong!

hope he gets better... fuck, thats was so close!
Old 07.25.2009, 04:27 PM   #84
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
The news updates have been kinda contraddictory, some said the surgery went fine and the damage was only some skull bones fracture and concussion, then someone spoke about chances of serious brain damage, then ferrari said there's no risk for his life and when tomorrow (if) they'll woke him up from the pharmacological coma we'll have updates... to be honest I was not too worried, when they brought him on the heli he was keeping a bend on his eye with his hand and kinda "waved" too... then when I saw that pic (I think it's the exact moment they pulled him out of the car) his eye made me think "something is wrong with this poor guy".... but then again, earlier today they said he replied "nervously" but with no apparent problems to the questions the meds asked him to check his mental/brain state...dunno, it's all kinda scary and it's really weird not to ha a sort of "official" version on the whole story... btw, 2-3 cm lower and he'd have his head cracked open...

edit: I don't mean to be a cynical paparazzo (I think I would have avoided posting that smaller one too if I knew thins were so serious, but when I did psot it things seemed to be totally ok for him..), but have a look at this closeup, (which is the same image "blown up" ) if you have the guts to, the helmet got fuckin' deformed by the impact, check the unnaturally curved line on the top...

now Barrichello is going all religious saying he does not believe in coincidences and that this is "a sign"...
Old 07.25.2009, 04:33 PM   #85
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
FRIGHTENING especially after last sundays crash at brands hatch.....

another freak accident that no safety measures can hold out on! motor racing is dangerous and always will be.....

according to rubens barrichello on facebook, he says that he is not life threatening, its serious, more surgery will be needed and possibly out for remainder of season but he will be ok....

james allen said that sky news and other news agengies are filling the public with gross over exaggerations..

but no official ferrari, fia or medical word..i dont like that one bit!

funny, when a footballer gets injured its ...oh well, tough break, he will get better. when a driver gets injured it really brings the fans together...ive been constantly on a motorsport forum for the last 3 hours discussing this incident... motorsport is much more a human sport than people think!
Old 07.25.2009, 04:49 PM   #86
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, it does seem worse than the tv suggested. He's meant to be in a stable condition and is, according to Timesonline.co.uk, 'awaiting an operation to attend to the skull injury'. From that picture it would seem that he was indeed really, if 'lucky' is the right word to describe someone whose been hit on the head by a suspension rod.

On a lighter note, I was wondering what people thought of Toro Rosso's decision to replace Bourdai with the very young and inexperienced Jaime Alguersuari. It seems to have received a bit of controvery in the paddock, with drivers saying he's in danger of ruining his career before it's really begun.

Prediction for tomorrow, Alonso. And assuming Brawn make no more than a few points tommorow they're no doubt praying for a strong Renault and McLaren performance to frustrate Red Bull's rise.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2009, 06:53 PM   #87
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

jaime alguersuari is f1 inexperienced but he is the current british f3 champion and a damn good racer.... i think its rich that some drivers, massa included, said earlier today that he will be a danger to others... does felipe not remember his first few seasons in f1, he was a mobile chicane! its the structure of f1 that has led to this, with the testing ban and the fact that f1 rookies get 4 days acclimatisiation sessions, which just turn out to be teams tresting developments which negates the sole reason for rookie orienteering, new young drivers just simply dont get the track time anymore and its only gonna get worse cuz f1 cars will notbe able to run in between the end of the season and the 1st of january in 2010. this has to be sorted out sooner trather than later or else we will have total stagnation of new talent coming into the sport.

adam carroll
neel jani
dan clarke
romain grosjean
brendon hartley
nico hulkenberg
alex premat
alexander sims
duncan tappy
niall quinn
eduardo piscipo
peter dempsey

just some names that are on the verge of getting a break with f1 but havent a chance of getting track time to aquire their f1 superlicence.....
gp2 /formula 2 / formula masters/ world series by renault / and next year gp3 are all well and good as a stepping stone between f1 and f3 but thats where it really stops, the system sucks..

as for algersuari, i applaud him for doing it and its a shame he didnt get off the back of the grid in qualifying but fair play to him... as dor ruining his career before it begun.. anyone remember coultard crashing into the pit lane enntry at adelaide and spinning off his first pole in monza in 94? damon hill being 5 seconds off the grid in silverstione in a brabham in 92? james hunt being a death sentence to everyone around him.. jody scheckter taking out the entire field in silverstone 1973? they have to start somewhere and not every driver is born with literalluy a silver spoon and get a front running mclaren on their debut...lewis!!!!

massa will be out for the rest of the season at least i reckon... double fracture of the skull, more surgery tomorrow....barrichello and lewis are now the spokespeople for getting changes into f1 regarding safety..i really hope no kneejerk reaction will take place like it did after sennas death with straw bales in the middle of fast corners to slow cars down... we dont need f1 cars with popemoblie type windscreens or enclosed cockpits.. thats sportscars not single seaters...and if that happens the glory and sheer attraction of a single seater will be gone. ive driven a single seater racer (albeit not f1 but a 2 litre turbo formula renault) during my first 2 racing lessons and i tell you driving a single seater with an open cockpit is some thrill, it was limited to about 120 mph but man it felt so much faster.. i can understand why drivers love their job so much......
Old 07.25.2009, 06:54 PM   #88
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

that massa picture frightens me. the look in his eye really shows the horror of the smash.....

prediction

webber
alonso
vettel
with rosberg and button vying for 4th
Old 07.25.2009, 07:21 PM   #89
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
i think its rich that some drivers, massa included, said earlier today that he will be a danger to others

i absolutely agree with you and was especially disappointed that it was Massa making the most noise about it.

I was going to make the point myself about the lack of testing making it increasingly difficult for new drivers to enter the sport. With the exception of advances in driver safety, it really does seem at times as though those within F1 that hold the most power are doing their best to damage the sports future. I've never understood the testing ban. I'm sure it has something to do with something but what that something is is something I'll never quite work out. Or something.

Quote:
ive driven a single seater racer (albeit not f1 but a 2 litre turbo formula renault) during my first 2 racing lessons and i tell you driving a single seater with an open cockpit is some thrill, it was limited to about 120 mph but man it felt so much faster.. i can understand why drivers love their job so much......

even as someone who doesn't have a normal driving licence, that fascinates me. I can only imagine the sheer exhilliarition that must come from belting along a few inches from the ground at 180mph. I used to live with a guy who worked in the dragster industry over in the US and the stories he told me about those drivers. Almost unearthly.
Old 07.26.2009, 04:05 AM   #90
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

drag racers are insane tho!.... i mean, sitting in a car with a nuclear device strapped to your back!!!! thats insanity!!!

yeah driving a single seater, even not racing, i was with 5 others going around the track, not racing just driving, is an amazing feeling....a violent feeling, you feel everything, the wind buffering your heard and the slightest movement in the steering sends the car sideways...it took me about 5 laps to get my head around the fact that if the tyres dont squeal and begin to slide...im not going fast enough! by the end of the session i was laying rubber down, opposite lock everywhere....so so so so much fun its unreal! im gonna do it again, i have one more lesson to do to get my national licence which will allow me to race anything under 2 litres in irealnd or britain...thats anything up to formula 3 i think....... so expensive even at beginners level!

i like the testing ban for the sake of cost cutting and for the sake of more on track activity at weekends but its hampering new talent.... there has to be a better alternative...they will find one when the average age of the grid hits 35!
Old 07.26.2009, 11:36 AM   #91
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

pretty good race... alonso unlucky but the team screwed up.. delighted for lewis but he ruined my prediction that a kers car would never wiin a race.... do we now have a possible 5 or 6 drivers vying for the title...i reckon so... brawn will be playing a damage limitation role for the rest of the season as ferrari and mclaren get stronger and stronger.... bring it on!!!

as for massa....his condition seemingly is worse than what has been reported, still critical, more scans and surgery needed... problems with his eye..he could loose it.... the reports coming out are awful contradictory but the doctors have said he is certainly not near ready to be removed out of intensive care.......
Old 07.26.2009, 01:25 PM   #92
demonrail666
invito al cielo

I suppose objectively speaking you're right in describing today's race as 'pretty good'. I was just delighted to see McLaren get a victory. I know it's nice to see smaller, newer teams on the rise and it's definitely good for the sport, but as a McLaren fan more than anything else I was especially pleased for Martin Whitmarsh after such a difficult start to the season.

Absolutely agree that Brawn are going to be on damage limitation drill from now until the end of the season. I think everyone expected the bigger teams to start catching up, but the Brawn's own decline is strange.

Bloody four week break to deal with now. MotoGP it is then, if only for Suzi Perry's backside.
Old 07.27.2009, 09:51 AM   #93
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

never watch moto gp on bbc... you cant beat eurosports toby moody and julian ryder.... damn damn funny....
Old 07.29.2009, 12:05 PM   #94
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

now bmw pull out of f1 at end of season.... well thats no suprise is it? they never looked committed..kubica for massas seat maybe..he deserves a team that put in actual effort....
Old 07.29.2009, 12:30 PM   #95
nicfit
invito al cielo

Schumacher...
Old 07.29.2009, 05:23 PM   #96
demonrail666
invito al cielo

yeah, it's been announced that Schumacher's gonna drive in place of Massa till he returns. Does that now mean Kimi is officially the second driver?

Seriously though. This is gonna be fascinating, especially now that Ferrari are back on the pace. It's gonna be very weird if the ol' red baron starts winning.
Old 07.30.2009, 06:53 AM   #97
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

yeah, it makes pure sense him coming back... guaranteed he will be right on the pace from the get go... i find it a bit sad ferrari didnt give someone else an opportunity but hey, as i said it makes sense.....

#IF and thats a big if, massa does come back, where does that leave kimi if the rumours are to be believed alonso is red for 2010? maybe it will be kimi and alonso in ferrari for 2010 cuz honestly, i cant see massa back in f1...too serious a head injury to risk a second crash. i do hope im wrong tho.
Old 07.30.2009, 08:25 AM   #98
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Attachment 467Motoman

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.30.2009, 11:52 AM   #99
demonrail666
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONIC GAIL

whoah there, a woman posting on the mighty motorsport thread. glad i brushed my hair now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULYBEE2656
yeah, it makes pure sense him coming back... guaranteed he will be right on the pace from the get go... i find it a bit sad ferrari didnt give someone else an opportunity but hey, as i said it makes sense.....

#IF and thats a big if, massa does come back, where does that leave kimi if the rumours are to be believed alonso is red for 2010? maybe it will be kimi and alonso in ferrari for 2010 cuz honestly, i cant see massa back in f1...too serious a head injury to risk a second crash. i do hope im wrong tho.

Yeah, I don't know how committed kimi really is to leaving. I know he likes the idea of getting into rally driving but, hmmm, yeah. I don't even know how keen Alonso would be to drive alongside him, assuming that he really is going to Ferrari next season. Massa's injury really does throw a massive spanner in the works, i agree.

Besides, i'm like you, I really wonder if Massa will be returning at all. Behind all the positive news stories that was a massive injury and, even if he wanted to come back I'm not 100% sure if medical regulations would actually allow him to. Burns or broken limbs are one thing, but a fractured skull seems like an altogether more difficult one.

I agree that It would be nice if Ferrari gave a test driver or some up and coming guy in the lower ranks an opportunity to replace Massa for the remainder of the season but I can't deny that the prospect of seeing Schumacher mixing it up with names like Vettel, Webber and especially a revived Hamilton is a pretty mouthwatering one.
Old 08.17.2009, 12:18 PM   #100
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

so schmi isnt racing because of his superbike neck injury...... ok, fair enough... luca badoer has a chance to loose his record of most gp starts without a point..... im happy to see him back on the grid, he never had a chance with a decent car.....

renault won the appeal and they race on in valencia..... ticket sales must have been very slow!!!!!!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth