Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Goodbye
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.01.2007, 09:56 PM   #81
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by porkmarras
Cheerio.

now really porky, why just now? i finally got my goddamn internet connected. where is my compilation you promised? eh??? (by the way, i hope you moved without complications. it's taken me a month to get settled in the new house but it's finally working, and i haven't set up my studio yet.)

but anyway. you came back, i saw? i'll go see the other 4 pages of this thread now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 09:35 AM   #82
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
(slurp)^
Pookie says

I'm a "nitwit" for not knowing that porkmarras is really gone. I saw him post, what else am I supposed to think?

I haven't been around here all the time recently. I take breaks of days at a stretch. Lately, I have been here every day though again. And sure enough, porkmarras gets so crazy about a couple of individual posts that I make that he has to start ten topics.
Then he says he's quitting and posts his supposed password (twice!)!
I'm turning the channel on this soap opera.

Arrivederci!
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 10:06 AM   #83
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
you'll come back, this and that.

or at least I hope so.

but if you won't that's bad cause you're a sound fella.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 10:28 AM   #84
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Check your post count and tell me who the real "sad loser prick" is. Tasteless.

I have no stake in this drama and I am certainly not taking sides (I'm not vested enough into this board to care either way yet), but I've always found it odd when people are called out for their post counts. it's a message board and that's what people do here. in fact, posting about someone's post count just brings you one step closer to hypocrisy. find a new angle of attack if you're going to have a go at someone!

to me, Mr. Porky's postcount seems mostly a testament to the love of this place. nothing else would make someone care enough to post so much (please note: 15k really isn't all that much for a board regular).

even if you don't agree with or like what he has to say, he's not spamming and is entitled to his thoughts and expressions in whatever amount the forum flood control allows.

I don't think that large counts should make you revered, but I certainly don't think they should be cause for any condemnation.

PS: Mr. Porky, change out of yr emopants and stop with the "that's it, I leave" business. NOBODY who says they quit ever really does. EVER. years of message boards have taught me that. in the very least people just come back on alts!

[/fenceride]
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 10:43 AM   #85
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
I have a feeling he will not post again.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 10:48 AM   #86
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
yeah, of course porkmarras will post again

my to my chagrin

oh I wasn't saying goodbye to the board....just goodbye to this melodrama

if everyone leaves me alone about it, I won't post about it again...
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 10:50 AM   #87
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
He'll be back. This forum is like an addiction to him.
The number of posts and rep prove it.
Old 03.02.2007, 10:57 AM   #88
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I'm assuming from the above post (edit - make that "the post above the above post") that people have been "blaming" Atari for Porky's deciding that he's had enough of the board. Anyone looking at the tone of Porky's posts over the last week or so should be able to see that he's been pretty disenchanted with the place for quite some time. I think there are bigger factors than his clashes with Atari.

If he's left, well that's up to him, I'm not going to try to change his mind. To me he's always been equal parts entertaining and informative - I'll miss his presence, but I'm sure the board won't collapse without him.

It's just a shame he didn't change his avatar to a tombstone before leaving.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 11:00 AM   #89
fishmonkey
invito al cielo

fishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's assesfishmonkey kicks all y'all's asses
star star teach me how to shine shine
Old 03.02.2007, 11:45 AM   #90
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I have no stake in this drama and I am certainly not taking sides (I'm not vested enough into this board to care either way yet), but I've always found it odd when people are called out for their post counts. it's a message board and that's what people do here. in fact, posting about someone's post count just brings you one step closer to hypocrisy. find a new angle of attack if you're going to have a go at someone!

to me, Mr. Porky's postcount seems mostly a testament to the love of this place. nothing else would make someone care enough to post so much (please note: 15k really isn't all that much for a board regular).
Although you should keep in mind that this board has not even been open for a year. If you're a casual poster, I can't see why it's hypocritical becuase posting on a message board in moderation really doesn't make you a "Sad, loser, prick".

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
even if you don't agree with or like what he has to say, he's not spamming and is entitled to his thoughts and expressions in whatever amount the forum flood control allows.
I hate to argue, but you're wrong. He has spammed, and I don't believe he should express his thoughts and expressions about his distaste in americans this many times.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/gossip/sho...light=american
Old 03.02.2007, 11:46 AM   #91
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
Remeber to bathe at least once everyday. To eat three times a day. To wear clothes when you go out, and warm clothes in fall and winter.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 03:12 PM   #92
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
Oh, hey, look- 'sarramkrop' is porkmarras backwards.
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 04:47 PM   #93
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
Although you should keep in mind that this board has not even been open for a year. If you're a casual poster, I can't see why it's hypocritical becuase posting on a message board in moderation really doesn't make you a "Sad, loser, prick".

the thing is.... "moderation" is a subjective quantification. what may be excessive to you will not be for others.

please don't think that I was calling you a "sad, loser, prick". I'm not going to insert myself further into this other than my opinion about calling people out for post counts on a message board. you may be completely right in your assessments of Porky for all I know. *shrug*

the hypocracy lies in posting about someone elses post count! the very act brings you one notch closer to that which you are against.

spamming is a whole other beast. I've not been here long enough to really judge, but everyone spams at one time or another and for the most part I've not seen Pork really do that. a large volume of anti-american posts does not necessarily constitute spamming.

although I find blanketing statements about my country and it's people just another form of bigotry, it's his right to say what he wants when he wants (as long as the forum software doesn't lock him out), just as much as it would be my right to disagree. I don't pay for bandwidth, so who would I be to judge? the easy solution is to ignore and move on!

again, please don't think I'm being hypercritical of you. I simply disagree with your method in this case. I'm ALL ABOUT fighting with idiots on the net as long as the return arguements are not simply "cheap shots".

Old 03.02.2007, 04:54 PM   #94
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
I can't help but bathe in the irony of the fact that's Porky's announcement of his departure has sparked more posts about him than anything else that he's said in ages. Particularly since so many of those posts come from people who profess to dislike him.

If he IS still hanging around, I bet he's laughing his tits off.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 05:14 PM   #95
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
i dont pay as much attention to the interpersonal relationships as the rest of you. Why has Porkmarras left?
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 05:17 PM   #96
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
I'd just appreciate the motherfucking cunt who tried to log into my email account to go and fuck himself for good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I bet he's laughing his tits off.

surely he's down to an A-Cup by now then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
i myself would like to state that i like the yanks, especially the ones willing to drink my north east brew...

is it dark and thick?? if not, forget it.

this thread is now about BEER.
Old 03.02.2007, 05:27 PM   #97
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
WELL
I asked a question once about Nurse with wound, something with which i was unfamiliar, and this individual responded. I dont post here that often but even i am tired of Nirvana and Courtney Love threads. What i like about this forum is Atari's picks, and the random reccomendations of music that ive never heard of. Perhaps this person has become bored of people unwilling to just try music on a whim. I dont care if the conversation is boring, all i want is people who can point me to something different, even if i think its crap
Old 03.02.2007, 05:34 PM   #98
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

Kick to the Whiskey man, if youre a sticker for efficiency it takes less time
Old 03.02.2007, 05:38 PM   #99
Pookie
invito al cielo

Pookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's assesPookie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by the ikara cult
i dont pay as much attention to the interpersonal relationships as the rest of you. Why has Porkmarras left?

I don't think it's really about interpersonal relationships.

But I do understand porky wanting to leave. The tone of the board has changed quite a bit in the time I've been posting.

Yes it's tiring when the same people seem intent on causing arguments for no reason, yes it's tiring when people start the 500th thread about Nirvana/Courtney/JAMC etc., but that's always been offset by the sometimes incredibly funny, informative posts. I've laughed like an idiot on numerous occasions.

But there is definitely an element of familiarity breeds contempt in some cases. But on the other hand, I've grown quite fond of some posters.

There probably comes a point when wading through the garbage to find the gems just isn't worth the effort.
Pookie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 05:38 PM   #100
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
haven't got a fucking clue mara lets talk about beer like the man sez. i got some 'super' strength strongbow here and it's really fecking strong like hahaaasghas

yr going to have to slow down and enunciate for me. I didn't understand a fucking thing you just said but I don't believe I got my answer!

IS....THE.....BEER.....DARK?

I'll only drink stouts.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth