Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page You guys wanna start a book club?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.17.2006, 07:24 PM   #81
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka

Nonfiction is OK, nominate if you want.
noumenal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 07:50 PM   #82
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
I may join...

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 08:49 PM   #83
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

noumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard suckanoumenal cold hard sucka
Old 05.17.2006, 09:58 PM   #84
finding nobody
invito al cielo

finding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's assesfinding nobody kicks all y'all's asses
is it official yet? does the book club have a name?
finding nobody is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.17.2006, 10:28 PM   #85
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

I've received 5 PMs so far.
Old 05.17.2006, 11:20 PM   #86
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
You guys should come to Baltimore and visit Poe's grave and then puke when you realize yr in Baltimore

my mom's entire family came from baltimore. i've been there several times and i like it sometimes but not others . . . except for the inner harbor and ft. mchenry, which are good. i can see where 40-50 years ago it may have been a good place to live, but it seemed a lot like certain parts of the city have gone straight to hell, and i understand it's right up there with detroit nowadays among the crime capitals of the us of a. i dunno, maybe it's because last time we went it was just so extraordinarily grey and dreary outside and we ended up stopping in this smoky pub with lotto and keno stuff all over it.

and what's with that domino sugars sign? my mom informs me it's been there as long as she can remember . . . why don't they take it down?
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 02:51 AM   #87
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
^ Because it it awesome. Raymond Carver?
Old 05.18.2006, 12:05 PM   #88
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprogeny79
my mom's entire family came from baltimore. i've been there several times and i like it sometimes but not others . . . except for the inner harbor and ft. mchenry, which are good. i can see where 40-50 years ago it may have been a good place to live, but it seemed a lot like certain parts of the city have gone straight to hell, and i understand it's right up there with detroit nowadays among the crime capitals of the us of a. i dunno, maybe it's because last time we went it was just so extraordinarily grey and dreary outside and we ended up stopping in this smoky pub with lotto and keno stuff all over it.

and what's with that domino sugars sign? my mom informs me it's been there as long as she can remember . . . why don't they take it down?

domino sugars is a baltimore company. the plant was right there. the sign is a town feature. would you trash the liberty bell because it's no longer in use? god!! what are you?

and the inner harbor is a foul stinking hole, a tourist trap, a vomitorium, a shame. it's like the fucking mall of america around a puddle of water. you find that likeable?

baltimore is fucking beautiful in its decay the way new york in the 70's was too, but in a much smaller scale. the people are funky, the junkies are like space aliens, and the yuppies stay the fuck away (except for some pockets). has a great little underground, racial troubles, good coffeeshops, awesome seafood, a vast working class, a couple of universities (one of which is world-class awesome), and everything that makes a town interesting and great to live in.

you need some poetry man. i would say go buy a kilo at walmart but they don't sell it there. i don't know where you can find it. maybe in an old bookstore, if you manage to get admitted to their inner sanctum. and quit taking those fucking square pills.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 12:14 PM   #89
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Square pills!
Ha!
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 01:13 PM   #90
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
oh noumeal i always said you type alot, but for once i am grateful. i think you would make a great organizer.

PM me please

Facebook- Laila Virani

Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 03:09 PM   #91
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
a couple of universities (one of which is world-class awesome)
Which one? I might have went there. Hopkins?
Old 05.18.2006, 03:25 PM   #92
qprogeny79
stalker

qprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's assesqprogeny79 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
domino sugars is a baltimore company. the plant was right there. the sign is a town feature. would you trash the liberty bell because it's no longer in use? god!! what are you?

and the inner harbor is a foul stinking hole, a tourist trap, a vomitorium, a shame. it's like the fucking mall of america around a puddle of water. you find that likeable?

baltimore is fucking beautiful in its decay the way new york in the 70's was too, but in a much smaller scale. the people are funky, the junkies are like space aliens, and the yuppies stay the fuck away (except for some pockets). has a great little underground, racial troubles, good coffeeshops, awesome seafood, a vast working class, a couple of universities (one of which is world-class awesome), and everything that makes a town interesting and great to live in.

you need some poetry man. i would say go buy a kilo at walmart but they don't sell it there. i don't know where you can find it. maybe in an old bookstore, if you manage to get admitted to their inner sanctum. and quit taking those fucking square pills.

yeah, but the liberty bell is a) a national landmark with historical significance, and b) doesn't rise out of this giant industrial hellhole to contribute to the blighted landscape. --EDIT-- i just googled the sign -- it actually doesn't look bad at night (i didn't know it lit up, as i've only seen it in the daytime).

call me insane, but i'd rather live in a town full of yuppies who spend all their time on their cell phones and palm pilots while driving their beamers to the office tower than a town full of race riots, drug raids, 1 am shootings, and dilapidated brownhouses. at least the yuppies keep the place . . . clean. (which, by the way, was the one thing that imo separated the inner harbor from the rest of the city . . . but it's been a while since i've been there, so it's possible that area's been destroyed too.)

balamer has some potential . . . they just need a giuliani to clean the place up.
qprogeny79 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 03:30 PM   #93
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by qprogeny79
balamer has some potential . . . they just need a giuliani to clean the place up.

oh, i wish you a slow, painful death

Quote:
Originally Posted by krastian
Which one? I might have went there. Hopkins?
yeah, hopkins kicks fucking ass in medical-related fields. and they have some amazing libraries as well (italian manuscripts... long story)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 03:32 PM   #94
krastian
invito al cielo

Ha ha.....there aren't race riots in Baltimore. We like Baltimore just the way it is
Old 05.18.2006, 03:57 PM   #95
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

Update: 14 members, including myself

Authors: 22 (one asked for thrice and one twice)

Thoughts: OK, there is a wide range of ages and education levels represented.

On Saturday, I will make a list of all suitable books by the nominated authors and post it. I'd like all steps of the process to be transparent. Then we'll discuss and once we've decided on a master list, I'll choose 5 randomly and we'll have a PM vote. Sound good?
Old 05.18.2006, 03:59 PM   #96
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
Update: 14 members, including myself

Authors: 22 (one asked for thrice and one twice)

Thoughts: OK, there is a wide range of ages and education levels represented.

On Saturday, I will make a list of all suitable books by the nominated authors and post it. I'd like all steps of the process to be transparent. Then we'll discuss and once we've decided on a master list, I'll choose 5 randomly and we'll have a PM vote. Sound good?

You bastard! You're only saying you want to make it transparent so that we don't pick up on the fact that you're using us for some mind control thing!

Kidding, of course, sounds ace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 04:35 PM   #97
noumenal
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
You bastard! You're only saying you want to make it transparent so that we don't pick up on the fact that you're using us for some mind control thing!

You guys also need to send me your postal addresses because I have packets prepared for everyone. Each packet contatins a pamphlet, a DVD, and a small red pill. Instructions for what to do with these will be provided soon after you all receive packets. May Arthelion bless us. We will see him soon.
Old 05.18.2006, 04:38 PM   #98
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I haven't got an address at the moment, can I just send you my bank details? Arthelion willing, they should be with you by Wednesday. When is the redemption of our souls again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 07:15 PM   #99
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noumenal
You guys also need to send me your postal addresses because I have packets prepared for everyone. Each packet contatins a pamphlet, a DVD, and a small read pill. Instructions for what to do with these will be provided soon after you all receive packets. May Arthelion bless us. We will see him soon.

haha cute

PM me please

Facebook- Laila Virani

Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.18.2006, 07:20 PM   #100
golden child
expwy. to yr skull

golden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's assesgolden child kicks all y'all's asses
yeah noumy, cute.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth