Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page the dark knight
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07.25.2008, 12:45 PM   #101
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
this was on another board:

similarities between BATMAN BEGINS and ACE VENTURA II.
both characters:
- attend a mountain temple to get over a life changing event.
- have an intense fear of bats that they have to get over.
- are assholes at a huge party.
- drive big-wheeled, freakish vehicles.
- have to prevent a massacre of a huge population - both massacres consisting of the area's people killing each other due to outside influence.
hollywood is obviously incestuous as hell - no matter the genre, so i like to think some dude that helped on ACE VENTURA II had a hand in BATMAN BEGINS (esp. since carrey starred in one of the previous batman franchise films).

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 12:48 PM   #102
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
hahaha, true dat

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 01:13 PM   #103
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
hey dave
Old 07.25.2008, 02:32 PM   #104
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
hey dan

Old 07.25.2008, 03:03 PM   #105
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Yea I have to say, Batman Begins is pretty rediculous when you watch it over again. Especially the red blinky thing he pulls out of his shoe that attracts bats. Jesus
EyeballGrowth is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 03:07 PM   #106
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

EyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's assesEyeballGrowth kicks all y'all's asses
Count the deaths, original batman's joker kills more people for the fun of it. Also to me, burning someone to death from a massive electrical shock and then talking to their burnt charred corpse is darker than shoving a pencil in someone's eye. Sorry, the crazed chemistry/artist joker is better.

And Burton's was much darker themed and had a creepy atmosphere that the new ones will never pull off. The 1st half of the Dark Knight felt like I was watching an episode of law and order
Old 07.25.2008, 03:11 PM   #107
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbradley
You're right, when both Jokers are standing in the street Batman's says "Where does it get all those wonderful toys?" and DK's says "Hit me!"

I mean, no contest there!

actually Nicholson's says " Come to me, son of a bitch " with his arms outstretched while an aircraft is flying towards him firing bullets and missiles
Old 07.25.2008, 03:12 PM   #108
davenotdead
invito al cielo

eyeball is right

Old 07.25.2008, 03:22 PM   #109
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

. I don't mean to sound like a picky purist. There are just reasons Batman is my favorite movie of all time ( maybe aside from 2001 a space odyssey ). The Dark Knight was kick ass, it had great stunts, a good joker, it continued the theme of batman cracking the crimes himself just like tim burtons. But I think the first one was darker, that's all. Not saying the dark knight sucks, it was awesome.
Old 07.25.2008, 03:23 PM   #110
davenotdead
invito al cielo

i meant about the post immediately before mine... but i dont know which joker is better yet... they are so different

i think i lean toward heath's...

Old 07.25.2008, 03:28 PM   #111
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

I dunno I mean, when Batman Begins first came out. Absolutely everyone I know said it was the " BEST " Batman movie of all time. And a year later when it came out on DVD and everyone saw it again, half of those people changed their minds.
Old 07.25.2008, 03:33 PM   #113
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I saw Batman Begins the day it came out and thought it mostly sucked. I still think that.

Old 07.25.2008, 03:33 PM   #114
davenotdead
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeballGrowth
I dunno I mean, when Batman Begins first came out. Absolutely everyone I know said it was the " BEST " Batman movie of all time. And a year later when it came out on DVD and everyone saw it again, half of those people changed their minds.

yeah i remember that... i didnt agree then... but this newer one is just quicker, bigger... its a spectacle... and it has a villain to match... which is what the first one sorely lacked... liam neeson's character was just really forgettable . not so with heath's joker

Old 07.25.2008, 03:37 PM   #115
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE DONT READ THIS POST

Joker in this movie hires 4 men to rob a bank for him, then goes on along for the ride in cognito, and has them kill eachother for a larger cut. Then he kills the last surviving one by a fucking bus crashing thru the bank. Then he kills the bus driver.

He then tricks all of the mob into helping him fuck shit up in gotham to find batman. Wanting half of their money that he stole...

then...

he carves up the ghetto mobster...

has the men that he helped get into that place kill eachother in turn for joining jokers crew with a pool stick.

throws rachel off a balcony rather than fall in love with her (vicki vale)

gets captured on purpose

puts a bomb in one of his goons to blow up the police station to escape

Tortures a fake batman and then kills him, paints his face, and stabs a joker card into his chest, hangs him from a noose and has him smashed into the window of the DAs office...then shows the videotape terrorist style to the news channels

ties up the chinese accountant and burns him alive on top of the mob's money that he also burns, right before he has the russian mobster cut up into pieces and fed to his own dogs.

Tries to get the entire city of gotham to murder the guy who's about to reveal batmans identity

blows up a fucking hospital

kills the commisioner of the police with the classic acid in a glass

dresses up like a police officer to try to kill the mayor

blows up a judge

and etc.

and he does all of this to turn harvey evil and make him a villain in order to ruin gotham for the fuck of it...no real motive besides chaos.

oh yeah, and he slams a guys head onto a pencil.

that's just the physical things he does, there's also the psychological...

I'll take that over shocking someone to death with a pee wee herman buzzer.

Though yes, the atmosphere was darker in the burton films, but that's just to make up for the lack of darkness in the actual story, events, and plot. The dark knight is way darker, psychologically.

Yeah these movies are grounded in realism but they are still based off a comic book. The thing with the foot in begins isn't any more unbelievable or silly than the fucking Bat Shark Repelant of the 60s show or anything burton did in Batman Returns....(penguins carrying bombs....)

please.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 07.25.2008, 03:37 PM   #116
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Dark Knight completely kicks the ass of batman begins
Old 07.25.2008, 03:39 PM   #117
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

batman.

serious business.

Old 07.25.2008, 03:39 PM   #118
EyeballGrowth
the end of the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
oh yeah, and he slams a guys head onto a pencil.

I'll take that over shocking someone to death with a pee wee herman buzzer.

So Gorier equals darker? Plus if you look at the two, the original was gorier. You actually see the guys black charred flesh dropping off his bones while the joker is talking to him with no one else in the room. That's a little more psychologically fucked up to me too. Plus the artist joker burns people with acid and considers it his art. Even burns his girl ( who should've become Harleyquinn ) Every single thing about burton's film to me is darker and more twisted than the new one. I'm done arguing it

You are right about Batman returns though. Some people like it but I'm not a fan, but for some reason, I thought the penguins were the coolest thing about the movie. I HATED the stupid duck
Old 07.25.2008, 03:41 PM   #119
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

Batman Returns is actually really boring.

The whole thing feels really lackluster.

Good atmosphere of course.. and snow, ohhh!

Old 07.25.2008, 03:46 PM   #120
davenotdead
invito al cielo

i like when danny devito bit that dude's nose off

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth