Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Hipsters
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.23.2009, 04:47 PM   #121
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Anything Apple could be considered hipster. They are great and all, especially for multimedia, but they are still hipster.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2009, 04:52 PM   #122
█████████
expwy. to yr skull

█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses█████████ kicks all y'all's asses
nah, some of them are just plain stupidity.
i think even the most die hard apple fanboys agree.
█████████ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2009, 05:04 PM   #123
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Well, I don't have one, but from what I've seen, they are pretty good. PC's are definately more comparable though than most mac zealots give them credit for. People who love macs, at least in my experience, are so biased and swear up and down that they never crash (even though the apple at Best Buy the other day was frozen and had to be hard booted) and that pc's are outdated and can't do anything.
Old 01.23.2009, 05:08 PM   #124
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
i know exactly what you mean and i agree.
when i listen to non-english people using british-neo slang (i just made that up. i mean words like cheers, blimey etc) expressions, it feels unnatural and disturbing. at the same time, i have to give it to them for trying*to speak everyday english and trying to be part of it, the society, reality.

*it feels like they try too much! thats what bothers me.

cheers.
i used to hate it. not so much when it is about toasting, but when its used instead of thank you.
from my recent and frequent visits to london, i have come in terms with that.
still, if i use it, it feels like i discribed in the first paragraph.

another thing that irritates me and its off topic, is the usage of The wife etc, instead of my wife. it isnt used only from the english or americans, so im very off topic.
normally i should prefer the "the" over the "my", since "my" shows ownership and ownership of a person isnt my thing, but i dont. ok, i dont like "my wife" either, but the "the wife" feels to me formal in a puritan, old fashion, completely of a person who has swallowed a stick- way.

edit. "my girlfriend" isnt bother me. i guess its the ownership ^2, in the case of my wife, since wife alone indicates "ownership".
and yo to me, if i managed to get accross to you what i mean by all that.

So true about 'the wife' thing. Fom being a kind of joke it becomes apparent that it isn't, the article is used to set an ironic, imaginary foot down. It starts funny, it ends up in wanker too often.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2009, 05:09 PM   #125
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
The macs in my school are the slowest fucking computers I've ever used.
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2009, 05:32 PM   #126
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses
would Prince be considered a hipster?

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2009, 09:57 PM   #127
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses

Old 01.23.2009, 10:14 PM   #128
cars_willkillyou
stalker

cars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's assescars_willkillyou kicks all y'all's asses

??

cars_willkillyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2009, 10:20 PM   #129
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
i bet she was a hipster
Old 01.23.2009, 10:31 PM   #130
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
Hipsters. I n the past I believed I had a bulletproof way of determining ones authenticity as a hipster. But, alas, as time old friend has passed and My days and nights of ''being on the scene'' or atleast just out have wained, its hard to tell who is a hipster or who just likes the clothes they wear. Really, who cares. I bump into the guys from Hair Police occasionally at the record store and I suppose if you were to grade them on dress/grooming they would qualify as ''hipsters''. Well, once you talk with them you realize they don't carry the hipster attitude and the generalized baggage(literally and figuratively) that comes from within the hipster milleu. Basically, I see it as people that are trying to look,act,be perceived a certain way, and in the example of the hair police dudes, theres just people that plain old like the ''weird'' clothes they wear and just happen to appear homeless.

I will say this at the Times New Viking/Psychadelic Horseshit show, there were many a hipster that were way too cool for anything and yawned at you because your shoes weren't dirty enough. Piss off I say, I like my chav Lacoste knock-offs to brighten up the room.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.23.2009, 11:31 PM   #131
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

01. Intro - Entering the Club
02. Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense And Peppermints
03. The Fleur De Lys - Circles
04. Pearls Before Swine - These Things Too
05. Pink Floyd - Matilda Mother
06. The Carrie Nations - Find It
07. Strawberry Alarm Clock - Hummin' Happy
08. Tinkerbell's Fairydust - Twenty Ten
09. Roger Nichols & The Small Circle of Friends - Don't Take Your Time
10. Jack Arel and Jean Claude Petit - Strange Galaxy
11. Tommy James - Draggin' The Line
12. The Attack - Neville Thumbcatch
13. Alan Hawkshaw - Beat Boutique
14. Pink Floyd - Julia Dream
15. Strawberry Alarm Clock - Birds In My Tree
16. The Attack - We Can Take It
17. The Open Mind - Cast A Spell
18. Michel Legrand - 14 Juillet 70
19. The Who - My Generation
20. Groep 1850 - Little Fly
21. Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
22. King Crimson - In The Wake of Poseidon
23. The Bunch - Looking Glass Alice
24. London Underground - Mind the Doors
25. Soft Machine - Dada was Here

D.L at: http://blog.thirdphaze.com/labels/compilations.php
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.24.2009, 12:59 AM   #132
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
Hipsters. I n the past I believed I had a bulletproof way of determining ones authenticity as a hipster. But, alas, as time old friend has passed and My days and nights of ''being on the scene'' or atleast just out have wained, its hard to tell who is a hipster or who just likes the clothes they wear. Really, who cares. I bump into the guys from Hair Police occasionally at the record store and I suppose if you were to grade them on dress/grooming they would qualify as ''hipsters''. Well, once you talk with them you realize they don't carry the hipster attitude and the generalized baggage(literally and figuratively) that comes from within the hipster milleu. Basically, I see it as people that are trying to look,act,be perceived a certain way, and in the example of the hair police dudes, theres just people that plain old like the ''weird'' clothes they wear and just happen to appear homeless.

I will say this at the Times New Viking/Psychadelic Horseshit show, there were many a hipster that were way too cool for anything and yawned at you because your shoes weren't dirty enough. Piss off I say, I like my chav Lacoste knock-offs to brighten up the room.

people think i'm a hipster by the way i dress, but i've been dressing like this since i was seventeen. when i stopped wearing baggy jeans and hoodies.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2009, 08:43 AM   #133
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler
people think i'm a hipster by the way i dress, but i've been dressing like this since i was seventeen. when i stopped wearing baggy jeans and hoodies.
So you went from wigger to hipster?
Old 01.26.2009, 08:55 AM   #134
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhler

I still wear hoodies and loose jeans. They're comfortable.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2009, 09:06 AM   #135
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i love baggy jeans on girls
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2009, 09:14 AM   #136
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
i guess the beginning of the end of the legging is near perhaps, which i kinda figured kinda started as soon as my mom started wearing them
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2009, 09:17 AM   #137
RdTv
invito al cielo

RdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's assesRdTv kicks all y'all's asses
It was strange watching the baggy jeans fad transform into the tight jeans fad. I remember seeing skater kids with enormously baggy, overtly baggy,ridiculously baggy jeans walking the streets with their anime' hoodies and what not. Now its the exact opposite, kids skating around with basically denim dyed skin-tights. The anime' hoodie switched to some neo-obscure screen print of the word ''Brooklyn'' in a graffiti-esque font.

I don't like tight anything. Its uncomfortable, but I was and still am equally uncomfortable in anything super baggy. Hence my moderation and neutrality in this movement has given birth to a new trend...comfort. I wear what I like regardless of some random underground designer in a NYC basement or Lacoste. Hipster, Chav, Wanna-be...I seem to be exempt from all these ''labels'' because I don't fit into any of them, and with much fret and anxiety.

I suppose my style is confused.
RdTv is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.26.2009, 09:40 AM   #138
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
the baggy i mean for women, arent the skaters very loose, classic version. its the old 80s version. exactly like the ones, idiot kate holmes is wearing.
sorry to call her idiot, but i dont like her aura. she dresses fine, but she doesnt have "it". in my opinion.

Kate Holmes always looks slightly.....odd in pictures, like she's inhumanly happy etc. I would imagine her wardrobe is given the full Scientology treatment, so that every piee of clothing that she wears is "clean" of any evil non-Scientology vibes.
Old 01.26.2009, 09:45 AM   #139
afterthefact
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RdTv
It was strange watching the baggy jeans fad transform into the tight jeans fad. I remember seeing skater kids with enormously baggy, overtly baggy,ridiculously baggy jeans walking the streets with their anime' hoodies and what not. Now its the exact opposite, kids skating around with basically denim dyed skin-tights. The anime' hoodie switched to some neo-obscure screen print of the word ''Brooklyn'' in a graffiti-esque font.

I don't like tight anything. Its uncomfortable, but I was and still am equally uncomfortable in anything super baggy. Hence my moderation and neutrality in this movement has given birth to a new trend...comfort. I wear what I like regardless of some random underground designer in a NYC basement or Lacoste. Hipster, Chav, Wanna-be...I seem to be exempt from all these ''labels'' because I don't fit into any of them, and with much fret and anxiety.

I suppose my style is confused.

You are not confused. You are simply...

The Anti-Hipster!!!
Old 01.26.2009, 09:49 AM   #140
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
oh are they? i guess they could be (out).
somehow i was fed of them and i havent been wearing them a lot this year/winter season. its the 3rd winter for me. hmm pitty, but i wont stop entirely, because they are comfortable.
i have been mostly wearing skirts and dresses of different styles/decades. mainly 60s and 80s.

the baggy i mean for women, arent the skaters very loose, classic version. its the old 80s version. exactly like the ones, idiot kate holmes is wearing.
sorry to call her idiot, but i dont like her aura. she dresses fine, but she doesnt have "it". in my opinion.

i only wear leggings with a dress or skirt and boots, so they don't look like leggings. they're good for very cold days, when tights just don't do the trick.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth