Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page SYG Costume Party 2009
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.03.2009, 09:41 AM   #141
chicka
expwy. to yr skull

chicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asseschicka kicks all y'all's asses
I predict Swa(y) is married within 5 years and not because of a shotgun.

Myself I was married for 20 years because that was what she wanted and I loved her to much to let her go. So I payed the ultimate sacrifice my freedom. Still it wasn't a bad trade I ended up with a beautiful wife, 3 terrific kids
and 20 years of great memories.

Now I'm divorced and I wouldn't give up my single life for anything except a 2 million dollar bank account, and all the toys my heart desires.
Old 11.03.2009, 09:47 AM   #142
Satan
invito al cielo

Satan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's assesSatan kicks all y'all's asses
passion for something? art and music and people i love.

i could give a fuck about a bunch of people whining about stuff not being fair. ideally things would be fair for everyone and that would be great but that ain't life. so you get by in spite of the assholes who are in charge of you. don't let the man bring you down, live your life etc.
Old 11.03.2009, 09:48 AM   #143
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I have to add I believe I may have crossed swords with some radical feminists in my last job. I spent just over two years working in my local hospital, and would still be working there now if I wasn't pushed out by the insidious scheming of a clique of nurses, who, unfortunately for me, had connections with some of the management, I clearly upset by having a different outlook and attitude towards life than they did. They were quite a deranged bunch of individuals whose catty acts bordered on the puerile. People like that should be sectioned as they cause more harm than good.
Keeping It Simple is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 09:48 AM   #144
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I've printed this thread out and nailed it to a tree in my backyard. that way, the male cardinal will know that his committed monogamy is simply perpetrating 10,000 years of male domination.

power to the peehole!
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 09:50 AM   #145
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun

It's too narrow. Unforgiving. Women weren't allowed to voted until the 20th century. Does that mean it's inherently flawed and a woman should not participate?

No. The difference is marriage still continues to be an oppressive and discriminatory system. It makes it very difficult for people to escape violent situations, it perpetuates a set of privileges over those who choose to remain single.

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlgun
Competing in a man's world doesn't mean you have to be like a man. You saw so much of that in the past... Even some today.

Agreed. And I never said that getting married means that you are out there fucking over those who can't. I'm criticizing marriage as an institution not the people on this board who choose to get married.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 09:51 AM   #146
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

Keeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's assesKeeping It Simple kicks all y'all's asses
I believe radical feminism is a mental illness.
Old 11.03.2009, 09:55 AM   #147
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
I'm listening to Current 93 right now.
Old 11.03.2009, 09:55 AM   #148
Keeping It Simple
invito al cielo

And I know for a fact gay men can't abide all that radical feminism rubbish.
Old 11.03.2009, 09:58 AM   #149
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
To Satan - I continue to live a life which is a lot of fun and all that stuff. I go out, stay in, watch tv, listen to music, get drunk, get high, get laid, smile, laugh, joke around etc. But I'm not about to ignore some of the horrors I've seen/heard about just to have a good and easy time. I have been extremely privileged in my life and I believe that it is my duty to give back. History is not stoic. People have a lot of power when they fight back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeping It Simple
I have to add I believe I may have crossed swords with some radical feminists in my last job. I spent just over two years working in my local hospital, and would still be working there now if I wasn't pushed out by the insidious scheming of a clique of nurses, who, unfortunately for me, had connections with some of the management, I clearly upset by having a different outlook and attitude towards life than they did. They were quite a deranged bunch of individuals whose catty acts bordered on the puerile. People like that should be sectioned as they cause more harm than good.

Once again, people on this board can say all they want about "my side" - saying that people like myself should be sectioned off from society etc - without anybody calling them out on it, but if I make one joke i'm toast. I think that demonstrates something about how unequal things really are.

Anyway, feminists, like all other people, have their problems. You know, cuz feminists are people. Nobody is perfect. That being said, that is some extreme stereotyping. I am a radical feminist - that is certainly a defining factor of the way in which I have chosen to live my life. I am also somebody who, in the real-o-sphere, has a lot of friends, a lot of love, and has made real measurable differences in my community. I'm not saying that to brag, and honestly it makes me uncomfortable to even talk about it since ideally, community service should not involve yr ego. But the point is that my radicalism has led me to get off my ass, raise money and help w direct services for causes I care about etc. I do not think I'm "deranged" in the least.

Old 11.03.2009, 10:08 AM   #150
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
No. The difference is marriage still continues to be an oppressive and discriminatory system. It makes it very difficult for people to escape violent situations, it perpetuates a set of privileges over those who choose to remain single.

To be fair, marriages are not really fair on anyone, male or female, because they impose themselves as a mean to gain rights which you couldn't claim if you were not married. It's not far-fetched to think that the violence they so often spark between people stem from the tension that getting married in order to make the most of it in life carries with itself, as well as, you know, him being a bastard and all that.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 10:10 AM   #151
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genteel Death
To be fair, marriages are not really fair on anyone, male or female, because they impose themselves as a mean to gain rights which you couldn't claim if you were not married.

Yup! I never said that it was only violence towards women, although I do believe that women are most often the ones who get the brunt of the violence.

Old 11.03.2009, 10:17 AM   #152
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
marriage throughout history was also used as the only means a woman could move UP in the world, back when patriarchal society ruled all belongings go to the male children.

marriage is between two people. it doe snot require a wedding ceremony.

two people choosing to be with each other and making that commitment is a marriage. th wedding is a ceremony held to celebrate the union with all friends and family, for marriages join two families together.

rail8ing against marriage is as stupid as railing against graduation.
Old 11.03.2009, 10:19 AM   #153
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
and again, world wide, divorce rates are just around 53%. HALF opf all marriages last. something along the lines of 75% of all second marriages last.

USA marraigedivorce rates are actually much worse than in much of the world.
Old 11.03.2009, 10:24 AM   #154
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by notyourfiend
Yup! I never said that it was only violence towards women, although I do believe that women are most often the ones who get the brunt of the violence.

Totally. It's a chain reaction that ends up making itself felt especially on women, in the form of abuse. What triggers it, though, I don't think is mysoginism itself. More or less I do agree with you, though.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 10:38 AM   #155
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

95% of the planet's population has an IQ below 75.

what the hell do you expect?!?
Old 11.03.2009, 10:43 AM   #156
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Last night was pretty much the weirdest night of my adult life. I'm not going to go into specifics, but let's just say that at the end of the night, I accidentally hit a deer and it destroyed one of my headlights, blood went everywhere, I almost died, it was insane... yet I made it home okay, after almost having a fucking heart attack, and I noticed that -- while, again, the HEADLIGHT was destroyed -- the headlight BULB still shined brightly as possible. Brighter than ever, in fact. Really interesting. Metaphorical? As I pulled the deer hair out of the mangled remnants of tape and headlight destruction, which seemed to represent a conceptual part-cyber-hybrid platform that obeys and functions within both laws of physics and virtual-nonlinear reality and potential in Web 2.0/ultra-wiki communication malfunction liberation flow/add-on/debate presentation, I thought to myself, 'This was pretty much the weirdest night of my adult life.' Hence the first sentence of this paragraph...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 10:47 AM   #157
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

my minion had to have a rabid cat put down this morning. coincidentally enough, she's married - the minion, not the cat.
Old 11.03.2009, 10:48 AM   #158
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
DId j00 kill the deer? Or did it just spaz out and run away.
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 10:52 AM   #159
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
my minion had to have a rabid cat put down this morning. coincidentally enough, she's married - the minion, not the cat.
stop oppressing me!
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.03.2009, 10:57 AM   #160
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
It's dead.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth