Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page What DID you do this weekend?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.21.2008, 08:34 AM   #1
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Forget all of those "what are you doing this weekend" threads, cause plans change. What did you do? I ended up seeing three movies, which is different from my usual weekend of late, seeing no movies, or maybe one. Saw Juno, Cloverfield, and August Rush, which were great, good, and god awful in that same order. I only saw August Rush because we got the invite on the way back from Lexington and I didn't really feel like going home yet. Plus I had no idea what it was about, and even if I HAD known what it was about I couldn't have possibly imagined it as bad as it was. "You have to really feel the music! It comes from deep inside you! Now listen to my song that's like every other crappy song about how I will always love this chick!"
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 09:32 AM   #2
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
on sunday it was the 25th anniversary of our local art centre, so there was a big party all day with many fantastic performances, conversation and champagne. in the evening this gypsy folk/balkan/yiddish group "luminescent orchestrii" arrived from new york city and played in the theatre. afterwards we went to their hotel, jammed, drank red wine, and showed them around jersey's small town.
Old 01.21.2008, 09:39 AM   #3
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
same ol' shit really.

but on sunday I got to play WoW with Phoenix.

she's the stabbiest dead girl I know.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 11:07 AM   #4
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
A pretty boring weekend for me this time:

- Friday - watched like 11 episodes of Friends with my g/f cause she's nuts into that show and she never gets tired of it
- Saturday - went to the gym to do some work out, listened to some music, fell asleep early
- Sunday - found a DVD with the game Gothic. Installed it, played it for about 8 hours straight. Then felt bad about fucking the weekend away in such a manner.

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 11:12 AM   #5
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
can't remember really, saturday i think i went into the city and took some CV's to some places in hopes of getting a part-time job. Sunday ????
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 11:15 AM   #6
Everyneurotic
invito al cielo

Everyneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's assesEveryneurotic kicks all y'all's asses
friday spent with my mom having cake and stuff for my birthday, saturday i went out with my friend to an irish pub (which, strangely enough, people ket refering to as st "pay-trick's") and ran into two other friends i hadn't seen in like a year and joined us so we laughed and shit. sunday i went to eat to this lebanese restaurant.
Everyneurotic is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 11:43 AM   #7
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
I just realized I only mentioned the movies I saw... also went down and hung out with RdTv and his family, played some music, ate sausage and cheese, good ol' time. Me and my fam ended up staying the night there and woke up, ate some steak and eggs (courtesy of chef Ruda) and then listened to records and talked, watched select parts of BrazilInTime, then went out and saw Cloverfield. Cool theater too, the revamped it since I lived there, now they serve food while you watch the movie. Beer too, although they could improve their selection in that department. Speaking of which, we also picked up some Black Label, my favorite of the cheap beers. I can only find it in Lexington, everywhere around Cincinnati not only doesn't sell it, but they try to tell me it's not made anymore.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 11:51 AM   #8
sarramkrop

JFJFDJDJd GSGSGg then GDSGSGs and went to GDFGSGSGs. That was realyy GGAggig.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 11:52 AM   #9
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
On Friday I got a new fuse for my amp and I figured out what is wrong with it (bad tube keeps overheating.)
I reaarranged my pedalboard so that there is a lot of space between the upper row and the bottom row.
I started reading Ham on Rye.
I watched some hockey.
I did some other stuff, but nothing big.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 11:55 AM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSa5jVWf_1A (two years ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqlbmAQGYGM (two years ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyWZ60x00Vs

http://video.google.com/videosearch?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4HPIC_en___US223&q=Timket&um=1&sa=N&tab=wv (timket celebrations in Ethiopia itself on YouTube)

I attended Timket, the Ethiopian celebration for the Epiphany (the revelation to John the Baptist during Christ's baptism in the river Yordanos that Christ was the incarnation of the Godhead, hence Epiphany), which is the largest Ethiopian celebration outside of Ethiopia itself. Thousands of people dancing and singing and loving. Ten bishops plus ten priests, could have played a baseball game bishops vs priests, received a blessing and a hug from Abuna Melketsedek, HIM Haile Selassie I's (dude from my sig) personal priest from the 1960s. Met a lot of great people. There is a sacred procession to and from the venue where the Tabots (altar slabs which are highly venerated) are brought out, as you might have seen in the videos above. The tabots are replicas of the Ark of the Covenant which Moses built, which also the Ethiopians possesses currently, and each tabot is like a cell phone, connecting metaphysically to the big network, the Ark itself. It is a beautiful experience, like the Israelites dancing and leaping and wailing in front of the Ark processions in the old testament.

"....with the ark of God on it, and Ahio was walking in front of it. 5 David and the whole house of Israel were celebrating with all their might before the LORD, with songs and with harps, lyres, tambourines, sistrums and cymbals. "

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 12:17 PM   #11
_slavo_
invito al cielo

_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses_slavo_ kicks all y'all's asses
suchFriends, you've got that incredible talent of turning any kind of topic to Rastafarism

you're the boy

that can enjoy
invisibility
_slavo_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 12:34 PM   #12
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
That was realyy GGAggig.

I'm not exactly an authority on the matter, but I hear the trick is to relax yr throat.
Old 01.21.2008, 12:40 PM   #13
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
friday - watched something
saturday - watched like 2 movies
sunday - homework.
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 12:59 PM   #14
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kl8mpAvTm_Y
^ for you
i ll explain later. ciao.

I can't wait to get home to see what's waiting for me on youtube!
Old 01.21.2008, 12:59 PM   #15
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
http://youtube.com/watch?v=kl8mpAvTm_Y
^ for you
i ll explain later. ciao.

i thought this would be more apropos flotz's post. she explains it all.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 01:51 PM   #16
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
My weekend began by attempting to go to see Mirah on wednesday, we missed it by 2 hours and i got snowed in Fall's Church, VA until Friday (this was alot of fun, i stayed at "my girl"'s

house.
anyway on firday i got back and went to help some girls make a tight beerpong table, then i went to see cloverfield (AWESOME INTENSEEEE)

. oh yeah between those things i went to a tobacco shop and blazed in the car. anyway then i went to the grand opening of this 1337 cafe downtown and hung out with weird indie christians all night till about 4 in the morning.

the next day....i slept alot... then i went out and saw my friends spencer, alex, and catherine.. we drove around and blazed/ i sipped on some vodka dranks. Then they dropped my drunk and high ass off at a chinese place and ate like a mug. I summoned my frinds John, will, and nick to come get me cause i didnt wanna drive. they picked me up (my beer and vodka too) and we went out into this sketchy place and went wheelin' in john's bronco with 44 inch wheels

Then we broke down and had to walk in the woods 4 miles but we drank a whole lot (aristocrat and SoCo).. we got back to johns car and then drove to a secret location to play beerpong with a 40 somehting year old lady (FUN).. then nick and john went home and me and will smoked WEED a bunch. then i passed out at his house.
Sunday- I was boring all day cause i had hangover.
sun night- i went to "MR HARRIS's" crib (old balck guy in the hood) and drank/ smoked more......then i had to drive around on back roads and enjoy music by myself cause everyone went home at like 1 am. finally i came home and went to sleep.
oh yeah and i lost my phone and discovered the song "paper planes by /mIA"
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 02:37 PM   #17
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
rearrange the furniture in my apartment, clean and do laundry, drink beer around a bonfire with my neighbors.

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 02:38 PM   #18
RIPfrey05
the end of the ugly

RIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard suckaRIPfrey05 cold hard sucka
I think everyone should have to illustrate theirs.
http://www.myspace.com/thefloridaorangebirds
MY FUCKING BAND
RIPfrey05 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.21.2008, 05:46 PM   #19
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
you're on
edit yeah maybe not my motor skills arent doing very well today
mayve that illustrates my point better than a drawing
Old 01.21.2008, 05:52 PM   #20
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
you're on
edit yeah maybe not my motor skills arent doing very well today
mayve that illustrates my point better than a drawing

damaged cerebellum from alcohol intoxication?
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth