Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Jesus Christ
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.14.2006, 04:38 AM   #41
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not sure how you figure that.

When I'm wrong, I'm the first to admit it.

I'm also the first to admit that I'm petty, argumentative, judgmental, unfair, and rude at times.

I am human; I am not above envy or vengeance.

I still think the sheer volume of your knowledge is impressive. I admire you for putting in the required effort to acquire such an education.

This does not translate into jealousy. I've stated the above many times as a compliment to you, but, take it as you will.

As I said before, you can't tell me anything I don't already know. Am I a bad person? Probably. But as you're not imparting new information, it hardly gives me pause.

Let's get back to Jesus. All I know of him is from (kudos to Cantankerous for being a fellow fan) Jesus Christ Superstar, and vague parallels in Rushdie. I chose Wicca for my religion requirements in college. So edumucate me, folks.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 05:59 AM   #42
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
I love Jesus. He's my favorite mythical character.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 06:12 AM   #43
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
The greatest thing Jesus teaches us is that all the knowledge and power in the world is pitiful until it is accompanied by the wisdom to apply it judiciously. But I suppose that's the lesson of all history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
Another lesson from Jesus - people who are secure in their own identities and abilities are the ones least compelled to publicly defend themselves and advertise said abilities. Those who need to prove such things to themselves engage in that kind of behavior.

^ Also worth bearing in mind.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 07:59 AM   #44
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=atari 2600]When I lived in Marietta briefly in the late '80s there was this gaggle of girls in the apartment complex that used to call me "Jesus" for the same reasons.

I've been named after an angel,mind.haha

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 08:31 AM   #45
truncated
invito al cielo

truncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's assestruncated kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
Once again, I've made you uncomfortable for calling it like it is & so you lash out because I won't acquiesce to you & kiss your ass.

At first I thought you, truncated, were too good to be true. Alas, first impressions are usually correct. Then I esteemed you as a godsend to this board, but you've demonstrated to me over time that you are a very typical person. I love sex, but I'm not your typical male that thinks about it every few seconds.

chabib, it seems, never liked you at all. Perhaps he knows something (& it seems entirely likely really & explains a lot) about your identity that all of us do not.

...& the saga haha continues...
Ahh, I see you've done some editing recently.

You are absolutely right. Chris Habib most likely abhors me, and it's surely because of my true identity, a right-wing, oil-siphoning, die-hard Merle Haggard fan with a bad mustache who is secretly trying to usurp the Sonic Youth board in an attempt at eventual world domination. I kick puppies, mow down non-Caucasians, clog windshield wipers with "Jesus Saves" flyers, and assault the general public with cheap cotton blends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
you lash out because I won't acquiesce to you & kiss your ass.

Hmm. My, it seems I've observed that around here recently, but where, oh where?

I really don't see what's got your panties in a bunch. Do I acknowledge that you know your shit? Sure. I've expressed admiration for that on several occasions. What I do not agree with, however, is your assertion that the entirety of humanity wallows day in, day out in their burning desire to be you.

Sometimes people counter you because they simply disagree with your viewpoints. This is not a new phenomenon. It happens all the time. Really, it does!

So whether it's paranoia or wishful thinking, no, I'm afraid people don't always "attack" you in some manifestation of bitter jealousy over your supposed superiority over the rest of the human race. You've simply pissed them off.

I still enjoy your posts, for the most part. I just think you're cracked.
truncated is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 08:38 AM   #46
space_monkey
bad moon rising

space_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's asses
WHO IS JESUS CH.
does he made some satan songs?
space_monkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 08:53 AM   #47
Massenvernichtungswaffen
stalker

Massenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's assesMassenvernichtungswaffen kicks all y'all's asses
Jesus? No.

I don't buy that son of god stuff. Yea..uh. that sounds like it could have been real.... back when people still cut off each others hands for pilfering, the "son of God" came and helped everybody by being executed. lol. nice story. That's about it.

Siddhartha was far cooler than JC.

Jeg kysser katastrofer.

Massenvernichtungswaffen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 08:58 AM   #48
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
He seems like a nice guy, incredibly deluded though.
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 08:59 AM   #49
Lurker
invito al cielo

Lurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's assesLurker kicks all y'all's asses
Religion is a thought disorder
Lurker is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 11:13 AM   #50
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
i didn't like Saw at all, i won't bother with Saw 2. on the subject of supernatural stuff, i saw a russian film the other day called Night Watch and enjoyed it muchly, it could be the new star wars i tell you!

on the subject of Muahahaha, i first saw that used by the character Kefka in the video game final fantasy 3 (aka FF6) back in about 94 or 95. i think !"£$%! wouldn't be daft enough to lay any claim to coining the term.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 11:18 AM   #51
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Why couldn't this simply be a public poll? Would be so much easier. I do.

Christ isn't a mythological character, if you don't believe he was divine, then he would be a legend, since he actually existed.

Atari, why was it that Kierkegaard considered Abraham and Mary as most likely to be Knights of Faith but not Jesus? I started reading a translation of Kierkegaard one day, but I was busy and needed to go do something else unfortunately and I have not got back around to it.

What other men or women has ever really spoke their mind and their beliefs so fervently to those that wanted him dead and had means to do so legally without having some military might to back them up besides Socrates and Jesus? The British government could not give Gandhi the death penalty, and Martin Luther King faced a lot of opposition, but he could only fear death at the hands of murder, not state sanctioned death, which Dostoevsky pointed out that knowing the time at which you will die is a much worse than knowing that you could die at anytime.

You could argue that all of his disciples also faced execution for spreading his message after his death, but there is a difference between being a follower and a martyr, and being a leader and a martyr. When it came down to it, Simon Peter denied Christ three times out of fear for his life.

Christ's humility wasn't in the way of believing that he may not be divine, his humility was in that he didn't lavish himself in worldly things. He drank from a carpenters cup, he dressed plainly, he drank the same cheap wine and ate the same salted fish and bread that everyone else ate.

And if you really think about it, he did tell people he was divine, but he was still pretty humble about it. He wasn't like "Hey everyone, my Dad's God, kiss my ass!" or "Hey, I'm God in the flesh, give me some money or I'll call wrath down upon you." He could turn water into wine, but he didn't promote drunkeness, he used it to bring wine to a special occasion, a wedding. He went quite a long time without food, but yet he used a meager ration of bread and fish to feed thousands who gathered to see him, but he didn't promote the Greek style of eating, they ate to satisfy themselves.

So many people on this board are such lame ass pushover "alternative" people and hipsters. That Patti Smith "Jesus died for someone else's sin's not mine" bullshit is so fucking cliche. If nothing you do is ever wrong, you are a self righteous cunt. Whatever moral structure you believe in, everyone does things that contradict that. Whether you believe he was divine or not, he died because humanity is broken, not because he as a person was broken.

There are a lot of really stupid and ignorant buddhists, but nobody would hate Sidharta for it. There are a lot of really stupid and ignorant athiests and agnostics, but I don't blame Nietzsche or Sartre for it. There are islams who fucking crash jets into buildings, but I don't blame Mohammed for it. So don't trash Jesus when there is nothing to trash him for.

Hate the imperfection of humanity, dislike the person who prescribes to believes that they do not follow, and respect the much more noble people with those ideas.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.14.2006, 12:07 PM   #52
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
I don't wanna walk or talk about Jesus/I just wanna see his face... - Mick Jagger/Keith Richards
Old 08.14.2006, 12:08 PM   #53
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Kinda like the way he walks on air/Kinda like the way he wears his hair...

--Teenage Fanclub
Old 08.14.2006, 09:08 PM   #54
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
I never said he coined it, just that he used it first & inspired others to do so most likely.

King Missile
»
Jesus Was Way Cool

Jesus Was Way Cool
King Missile _Mystical sh*t_ Shimmy Disc
Jesus was way cool
Everybody liked Jesus
Everybody wanted to hang out with him
Anything he wanted to do, he did
He turned water into wine
And if he wanted to
He could have turned wheat into marijuana
Or sugar into cocaine
Or vitamin pills into amphetamines
He walked on the water
And swam on the land
He would tell these stories
And people would listen
He was really cool
If you were blind or lame
You just went to Jesus
And he would put his hands on you
And you would be healed
That's so cool
He could've played guitar better than Hendrix
He could've told the future
He could've baked the most delicious cake in the world
He could've scored more goals than Wayne Gretzky
He could've danced better than Barishnikov
Jesus could have been funnier than any comedian you can think of
Jesus was way cool
He told people to eat his body and drink his blood
That's so cool
Jesus was so cool
But then some people got jealous of how cool he was
So they killed him
But then he rose from the dead
He rose from the dead, danced around
Then went up to heaven
I mean, that's so cool
Jesus was way cool
No wonder there are so many Christians
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2006, 04:26 AM   #55
space_monkey
bad moon rising

space_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's assesspace_monkey kicks all y'all's asses
I Just Want One Answer!! Does He Ever Fuck?? Or He Has Just Masturbating In The Desert With His Gang,there 's Nothing In Bible About That, !!! Was He Gay!?!?!
space_monkey is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2006, 04:47 AM   #56
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
When I saw the Passion of the Christ, the one thought that kept repeating in my mind was, did Jesus ever get constipated?
Old 08.15.2006, 04:49 AM   #57
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
He surely needed some moisturizing cream after that one.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.15.2006, 05:06 AM   #58
alyasa
invito al cielo

alyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's assesalyasa kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah... and those spikes... killer.
Old 08.15.2006, 07:20 AM   #59
Gogogonorrhea
little trouble girl

Gogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's assesGogogonorrhea kicks all y'all's asses
He's one of those people with whom I would have hung around in school.
Old 08.15.2006, 08:33 AM   #60
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I love the Kids in the Hall where an archaelogist comes out and says that Jesus was a really shitty carpenter.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth