Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page 49ers To Leave San Francisco
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.09.2006, 01:34 AM   #1
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
That sucks......I was hoping they'd eventually get back to a half decent team.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2654743
Old 11.09.2006, 01:44 AM   #2
Bollocks_to_Pop
children of satan

Bollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's assesBollocks_to_Pop kicks all y'all's asses
That really sucks. They have been horrible the last couple of years but I wish they would at least stay in SF. It just wouldn't seem right to have them play anywhere else in my mind.
Bollocks_to_Pop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2006, 01:45 AM   #3
krastian
invito al cielo

krastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asseskrastian kicks all y'all's asses
They just have too much history there to leave......then again, the Colts left Baltimore.
Old 11.09.2006, 01:48 AM   #4
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
i am glad somebody is finally not gonna give in to a billionaire asking for a stadium he doesn't have to pay for, too bad they will have to move from the city, it'd be nice they could keep the name and move to one of the outlying area's like what they did for the Redskins and the Patriots

i mean it's not like the Califor...i mean Anahe.....Los Angel....i mean Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, the 49ners have 5 super bowls and three of the greatest players of all time played, i don't wanna see a santa clara 49ners, or....well if they move the team and even change it's name, a new owner will broker a deal and come in and put the 49ners back in the city
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2006, 01:52 AM   #5
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
And the Penguins may leave Pittsburgh.

Stupid stuff.

SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2006, 02:09 AM   #6
pantophobia
expwy. to yr skull

pantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's assespantophobia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

Stupid stuff.

i am not a fan of the penguins, but they really shouldn't move the team

i mean come on.........Phoenix?, Nashville?, Columbus?, 2 LA Teams? (Bill Plaschke would just jump for joy if both teams would leave the city, he'd jump for joy if he could make Tim Cowlishaw cry), exactly why is Winnipeg, Quebec still without a team, and Seattle (which was the first US team to win the stanley cup) hasn't ever had a team

sports are just nuts
pantophobia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.09.2006, 10:14 AM   #7
Iain
invito al cielo

Iain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's assesIain kicks all y'all's asses
Ugh...I never understood the franchise thing in American sports really. In the UK I think the general idea is you support the team in the place you come from. Obviously that doesn't always happen, far from it, but that's the idea.

What do fans of a team that relocates generally do? Will 49ers fans still follow the 49ers or hope another NFL team comes to San Fran? There would be countrywide outrage if Liverpool football club decided to move to London...

It did happen once actually....Wimbledon moved from London to Milton Keynes and became MK Dons. But Milton Keynes isn't all that far from London.
Iain is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.10.2006, 12:31 AM   #8
krastian
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralJulianIsNotDead

Stupid stuff.

I want them to leave Pittsburgh for my own selfish reasons.......I won't hate them as much if they go somewhere else. I'm a horrible person, I know.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth