Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonic Sounds
Reload this Page Broadcast on Morning Becomes Ecletic (video)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.18.2007, 08:04 AM   #1
sarramkrop

http://www.kcrw.com/music/programs/mb/mb060125broadcast
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks for the link, I love Broadcast.
Old 03.18.2007, 08:45 AM   #3
sarramkrop

They do a really good version of 'America's Boy' on it.Let us know if you want the audio of the performance and i'll up it at one point.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2007, 08:49 AM   #4
Trasher02
invito al cielo

Trasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's assesTrasher02 kicks all y'all's asses
Sure thing. I just ordered Tender buttons on amazon a few days ago. I've heard some tracks of it and I love it.
Old 03.18.2007, 08:55 AM   #5
sarramkrop

It's my favorite of theirs, so far.Then there' s 'Work Non Work' , which is a compilation of the early singles, and 'Ha Ha Sound' which is my second favourite of theirs, if you count albums proper.Their first one, 'The Noise Made By People', is good but not their best.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2007, 08:57 AM   #6
Trasher02
invito al cielo

I'll keep that in mind when I'll buy another album by them, thanks.
Old 03.18.2007, 09:29 AM   #7
sarramkrop

MFU jamming with Broadcast:
http://www.manfromuranus.com/mfu-mp3...mp3_offset=50?
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.18.2007, 10:08 AM   #8
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

i have to say, i hate realplayer but this is definitely worth the annoyance. lovely video, thanks.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.23.2007, 08:13 PM   #9
sarramkrop

David Lynch rip off,but hey :
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mJXst66-IYU
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2007, 04:46 AM   #10
sarramkrop

interview by Clare Byrne | view as PDF

Simultaneously self-deprecating and confident, whim-sical and incredibly incisive, gently spoken and utterly precise in what she says, serious and very funny, speaking to Trish Keenan is an experience of apparent opposites that actually go together beautifully — an experience that echoes her music. Ever experimenting and pushing the boundaries, Broadcast elude all attempts to categorise or even to describe their innovative blend of electronica, library music, psychedelia, nursery rhyme, movie sound effects and a female vocal that is at once pure and strong, and evocative of childlike naiveté. Their new record, The Future Crayon, a collection of their B-sides and other rare tracks, draws attention to just how multi-faceted and exciting this band is and has been for ten years. Clare Byrne managed to grab Trish for a chat just before the band went on tour for the first time this year.

http://www.webarchive.org.uk/pan/133...dcast_main.htm
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.24.2007, 07:45 AM   #11
jimbrim
expwy. to yr skull

jimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's assesjimbrim kicks all y'all's asses
I adore this band. Ive been listening to Tender Buttons and the Future Crayon lquite a lot recently. i love the album covers too.
jimbrim is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.23.2008, 03:50 AM   #12
sarramkrop

The links in the first post still work. Worth watching/listening.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2009, 06:26 PM   #13
sarramkrop

New Broadcast EP announced

Broadcast have announced details of their new EP which is due out around October time on Warp Records. They have collaborated with The Focus Group from Ghost Box records. This is quite exciting news. They will be touring in the United States in October and November along with Atlas Sound who also have a new album out. This sounds quite exciting, I hope they both tour in the UK together when the Broadcast album comes out.
For more info and tour dates, head over to theWarp Records website.
http://buildanddestroy.com/blog/?p=1471
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2009, 06:30 PM   #14
sarramkrop

Broadcast and Atlas Sound USA TOUR
10-15 Atlanta, GA - The Earl
10-16 Chapel Hill, NC - Local 506
10-17 Washington, D.C. - Black Cat
10-18 Philadelphia, PA - First Unitarian Church Sanctuary
10-20 New York, NY - Le Poisson Rouge
10-21 Brooklyn, NY - Music Hall of Williamsburg
10-22 Boston, MA - The Paradise
10-23 Montreal, Quebec - Le National
10-24 Toronto, Ontario - Lee's Palace
10-25 Columbus, OH - Wexner Center
10-26 Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
10-27 Northfield, MN - The Cave
10-30 Vancouver, British Columbia - Richards On Richards
10-31 Seattle, WA - Nuemos
11-01 Portland, OR - Doug Fir Lounge
11-03 San Francisco, CA - Great American Music Hall
11-04 Los Angeles, CA - The Troubadour
11-05 Phoenix, AZ - Rhythm Room
11-07 Denton, TX - Hailey's
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.15.2009, 06:57 PM   #15
SuperCreep
expwy. to yr skull

SuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's assesSuperCreep kicks all y'all's asses
New EP is def. cool. Hopefully a new LP will follow. Tender Buttons feels forfuckingever ago.

SuperCreep is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 10.01.2009, 04:26 PM   #16
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
New ep is fucking fantastic! I watched the video they made for one of the songs and it's unbelievably brilliant. Trust my judgement, for once, Broadcast are one of the most underrated British bands ever.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth