Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page April 8, 1994
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.08.2008, 11:48 AM   #1
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Rest in Peace Kurt D. Cobain, 1967-1994.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:51 AM   #2
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
umm isn't that second picture the london calling cover?

i didn't realize until now that he died today 14 years ago.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:51 AM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
whatever you want to say, lets all have some respect, because you all damned well know that In Utero is a fucking good album, and the Unplugged was a good set, and that Kurt's contributions musically are solid. regardless of the hype, the image, the popularity, this is bullshit, lets not taint our memories of the man and the fun and rewarding experience of art which he brought to us, even from the heights of the mainstream media sources, with our political interpretations. Kurt Cobain is one of the last great American ARTISTS, and after him, so much has been utter crap.

post your favorite cobain tunes, videos, pictures, paintings, collages, photographs, sayings, quotes, publicity, gossip etc etc.... lekiyum lekiyum [so be it so be it]

Old 04.08.2008, 11:52 AM   #4
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
why is there a picture of the clash on there?

just asking?

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:56 AM   #5
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon boy
why is there a picture of the clash on there?

just asking?

because I highlighted the wrong link without paying attention, you guys are way to critical sometimes.

Old 04.08.2008, 11:57 AM   #6
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 11:59 AM   #7
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

what a hot looking harlot, who would have known she'd turn out to be so (self-)destructive.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 12:07 PM   #8
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3Gqsh22DE0

ahh....I miss Trees. #1 spot to beat up rock stars. good times.

although I never got to punch Kurt there (the guy who did was a friend of a friend), I gave the guy from Consolidated a bloody nose.....no, that's not Kurt related. but who cares? I'm reminiscing.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 12:11 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

41. kurt cobain

11 up, 6 down

Kurt Cobain was a reflection of all of us. He exists in the things we do openly or shunned because we want to conform to the norms of society. He brought out in all of us a conscience that is extremely hard to find be it in music or life. Kurt Cobain will always be remembered for being an honest, genuine and true artist, some one who aimed for perfection but was frustrated with things that he could not change no matter how hard he tried. If anything we should all learn and respect him for who he was more than what he did.
My need to do is a pure as Kurt Cobain.

from URBANDICTONARY.com

Old 04.08.2008, 12:15 PM   #10
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
right. should I light the candles now, or wait until the witching hour?
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 12:15 PM   #11
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

oh yeah, and happy birthday Jade.

Old 04.08.2008, 12:20 PM   #12
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
right. should I light the candles now, or wait until the witching hour?

like these

Old 04.08.2008, 12:22 PM   #13
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Kurt Cobain was a good rocker. He was a good lyricist. He had a fantatic scream. He played rock music with the abandon and love that it requires. For all this, I am sad he is not with us.

the man is not at fault for the cult of personality that developed around him and his band and life.

In Utero is boring though.
Old 04.08.2008, 12:23 PM   #14
sarramkrop

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 12:33 PM   #15
LifeDistortion
expwy. to yr skull

LifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's assesLifeDistortion kicks all y'all's asses
We're supposed to remember/celebrate the dead on their birthday, not the day some repair guy came to thier house and found his body lying in a pool of their own blood. That's not a day you want to remember year after year. I digress, the man would have been fourty-one years old this year. Imagine that.
LifeDistortion is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 01:03 PM   #16
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I was about to post with a similiar response as the one above.. might as well...
Why are we celebrating the finding of his bloated, rotting, maggot infested corpse? Why are we celebrating a heroin induced shotgun suicide death? Why not celebrate his birthday instead? I know your intentions are not to be unkind, suchfriends, but this is not just the case with you: People everywhere, magazines/music websites, whatever celebrate this day... odd.

Anyway, "Bleach" and "Incesticide" are pretty good albums. My favorite Nirvana tracks are Marigold and Beeswax. Kurt molested turtles with pencils and spit on his fans, according to that book Heavier than Heaven.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 01:30 PM   #17
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I am in favour of the very worst taste jokes about celebrities, alive or dead. If you live as a celeb you should be prepared to die as a celeb. Sadness is clear and i wish people wouldnt feel the need to point that out about death.

Serve the Servants eats our collective face though.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.08.2008, 02:06 PM   #18
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
We're supposed to remember/celebrate the dead on their birthday, not the day some repair guy came to thier house and found his body lying in a pool of their own blood. That's not a day you want to remember year after year. I digress, the man would have been fourty-one years old this year. Imagine that.

memorials are appropriate on death days as well, most saints in Christianity are commerorated on the days of their death as well as birth, and as such, I felt it acceptable, and I am sorry, I didn't realize it might might even be taken as an offense.

son of a bitch, remember my thread dissing the kurt cons and saying they should be Kurt One Stars?

Old 04.08.2008, 02:07 PM   #19
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion

memorials are appropriate on death days as well, most saints in Christianity are commerorated on the days of their death as well as birth, and as such, I felt it acceptable, and I am sorry, I didn't realize it might might even be taken as an offense.

son of a bitch, remember my thread dissing the kurt cons and saying they should be Kurt One Stars?

Old 04.08.2008, 02:10 PM   #20
girlgun
invito al cielo

girlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's assesgirlgun kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

pssh. you weren't celebrating his death. you were remembering him.
and yeah. rip, kurt.
girlgun is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth