Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Suicide Tourism
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11.07.2007, 02:50 AM   #1
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...adlines-nation
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 03:56 AM   #2
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
There's a line in Beckett's Godot about going to the Eiffel tower and commit suicide; to be among the first to do so.

Suicide tourism's made me smile since I read Arto Paasilinna's 1990 book about two guys meeting each other in a barn, one preventing the second to kill himself, and admitting that his own visit was for the same purpose. They then decide to commit suicide on a large scale and recruit desperate persons all over Finland. After which they hit the road to a great spot way up North; where they decide to postpone their death, go to Western Europe, and so on. It's a funny novel.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 06:10 AM   #3
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
I suspect that this article is pure bullshit : many people go to NYC , ( for work , regular tourism , visiting relatives ...) and many ( but less ) people commit suicide everyday , so statistically , there are more chances that they commit suicide there rather than in Anchorage or Luxembourg.
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 11:36 AM   #4
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I just thought it was funny. Why not L.A?
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 11:51 AM   #5
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
They found that among the 7,634 suicide victims citywide, 407 were nonresidents

that is not that many non-residents at all, especially considering how many people work ion NYC that live in surrounding states or cities or towns. That is a little over 5% of all suicides.
If it was aruond 25% or up, that may start me thinking, but this is just silly. stupid psychologists.
Old 11.07.2007, 01:04 PM   #6
gualbert
the end of the ugly

gualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's assesgualbert kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SynthethicalY
I just thought it was funny. Why not L.A?

Well , the problem is that it’s supposed to be true , unless the LA times is a hoax paper.

Here’s another statistic , with a slightly doubtful interpretation : 80% of people die in a bed.
Therefore , beds are the most dangerous places.
DO NOT SLEEP IN A BED !
Dump your bed ! Go sleep in a hammock , or on a sofa , or on the floor .
Any other places are safer !
Tell your friends about the danger of beds etc…
gualbert is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 11.07.2007, 05:13 PM   #7
FruitLoop
children of satan

FruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard suckaFruitLoop cold hard sucka
Suicide Tourism? I thought you meant tourism in Paraguay, judging from an article I read in yesterday's Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/200...ay.travelbooks
FruitLoop is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth