Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page do you have hope for THE FUTURE?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.20.2007, 08:49 AM   #1
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
will the people of the world ever get over their petty differences and live in peace?

or do you think that someday, soon, it will all be a radioactive wasteland?

will we make our way to the stars before the sun explodes?

or do you think that we will soon overpopulate the planet to such a degree that we will have to stand on each other's shoulders to catch a breath?

somedays I like to think that it's all going to be sunshine and roses, but other days leave me feeling like it's just a matter of time before the killer_robots take over.

what do YOU think (you optimistic bastards)?
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 08:59 AM   #2
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
does this mean I have to make room for you in my bunker?

you better shower first.
Old 09.20.2007, 09:08 AM   #3
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
send forth the plagues to cleanse planet earth!
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 09:13 AM   #4
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
There's not a lot I can do about it, so I don't bother thinking about it.
sonicl is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 09:15 AM   #5
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

see, now, you people are depressing me.

I too feel that peace in impossible and that plagues will ravage the planet, but I was really hoping that one of you star trek geeks (like savage clam for instance), would try to convince me that soon "everything is going to be ok".

as it stands, I feel like I need to load up on shotgun shells and canned food.
Old 09.20.2007, 09:15 AM   #6
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Funniest thread ever.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

No.

EDIT:

You thought that I, of all people, would say something positive about Human Potential and shit like that?
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 09:18 AM   #7
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
will the people of the world ever get over their petty differences and live in peace? YES, but only after the people of the world banish the last great superstition from our collective minds, that of religion/spirtuality/god/creators/etc. It is the only thing keeping us apart.

or do you think that someday, soon, it will all be a radioactive wasteland? No. many plants and animals can live in radioactive "wastelands" so they would not really be "wastelands" jUST CUZ HUMAN ARE FRAGILE...

will we make our way to the stars before the sun explodes? YES, UNL;ESS WE DESTROY OURSELVES FIRST. HA!

or do you think that we will soon overpopulate the planet to such a degree that we will have to stand on each other's shoulders to catch a breath? THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PLANET OVERPOPULATION. WHEN THE PLANET REACHES IT'S MAXIMUM LIMIT FOR HUMAN SPECIES THE PLANET WILL DISPATCH US WITH EFFICIENCY, BRINGING OUR NUMBERS DOWN TO tolerable levels.

somedays I like to think that it's all going to be sunshine and roses, but other days leave me feeling like it's just a matter of time before the killer_robots take over. - robots are machines. don;t worry about that. are you worried that your hammer will someday kill you? or that your car will decided to run you over like in maximum overdrive? robots are tools.

what do YOU think (you optimistic bastards)? I think religious people are just as stupid as people who believe in fairies and leprechauns
Old 09.20.2007, 09:19 AM   #8
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
EDIT:

You thought that I, of all people, would say something positive about Human Potential and shit like that?

not at all.

I just wanted to prove that I could get you to post 30 seconds after typing yr name (and call you a star trek geek while I was at it).

I CHOOSE YOU PIKACHU!!!!

PS: ever since I was a kid, I silently hoped and prayed that the world would turn out like Mad Maxxx. humans are a stain on creation.
Old 09.20.2007, 09:20 AM   #9
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
humans rule. the human mind, as far as we know, is the single most copmplex thing in the entire universe.

a pox on you
Old 09.20.2007, 09:24 AM   #10
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
are you worried that your hammer will someday kill you? or that your car will decided to run you over like in maximum overdrive? robots are tools.

hammers don't have teeth and saw-blade appendages. killer robots DO (mine do at least).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
have a hug now.

you smell nice and yr soft.

the marvels of modern metal, I tell ya.
Old 09.20.2007, 09:26 AM   #11
jennthebenn
expwy. to yr skull

jennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's assesjennthebenn kicks all y'all's asses
there is no future
the future is now
it's nonphixion
we comin' at you like BLAOW
Old 09.20.2007, 09:27 AM   #12
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
will the people of the world ever get over their petty differences and live in peace?

I don't know.

or do you think that someday, soon, it will all be a radioactive wasteland?

I really don't know.

will we make our way to the stars before the sun explodes?

Maybe. But I really really don't know.

or do you think that we will soon overpopulate the planet to such a degree that we will have to stand on each other's shoulders to catch a breath?

I think that....WAIT! I don't know.

somedays I like to think that it's all going to be sunshine and roses, but other days leave me feeling like it's just a matter of time before the killer_robots take over.

what do YOU think (you optimistic bastards)?

I don't know.

|QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 09:29 AM   #13
sonicl
invito al cielo

sonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's assessonicl kicks all y'all's asses
When things get really bad, the cute puppies will probably become the master race. They know what they're doing. They're just biding their time. Then BAM!, you'll be the one fetching sticks.

Don't say I didn't warn you.
Old 09.20.2007, 09:31 AM   #14
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop

yr answer(s) encompass my total knowledge.

LET'S START A DOOMSDAY CULT!!

I'll bring the flavor-aid, you bring the megaphones and the music. Clone can be in charge of rounding up hot_young_teens to keep our ranks full!

everyone else is (of course) welcome. there's plenty of room in the compound.
Old 09.20.2007, 09:35 AM   #15
sonicl
invito al cielo

Who's going to bring the air freshener?
Old 09.20.2007, 09:40 AM   #16
max
expwy. to yr skull

max kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's assesmax kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
will the people of the world ever get over their petty differences and live in peace? YES, but only after the people of the world banish the last great superstition from our collective minds, that of religion/spirtuality/god/creators/etc. It is the only thing keeping us apart.
what do YOU think (you optimistic bastards)? I think religious people are just as stupid as people who believe in fairies and leprechauns

right on. just one thing - nothing wrong with spirituality as far as I don't push my views on those who surround me.
Old 09.20.2007, 09:41 AM   #17
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
When things get really bad, the cute puppies will probably become the master race.

i disagree, when humans do whatever it is that'll lead to our own extinction i think we'll take all other mammals to the grave with us, maybe a lot of sea life too.
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 09:45 AM   #18
sarramkrop

Probably the puppies will be eaten beforehand, in the struggle for survival. I wonder which human I'll turn to first and bite their leg off.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.20.2007, 09:59 AM   #19
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
Who's going to bring the air freshener?

that's swa(y)'s job. you don't mind sharing a bunk, do you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Probably the puppies will be eaten beforehand, in the struggle for survival. I wonder which human I'll turn to first and bite their leg off.

actually, this brings up a VERY good point.

at my son's school, they are "raising" Triops.

Triops are cannibalistic crustaceans that date back to the time of the dinosaurs. their ability to consume their fellow tank-mates allow them to grow rapidly and thrive when there is little else to eat (or do).

my son (wisely) chose the name "Tasty" for his particular three-eyed-freak (*points to sig-quote*).

Tasty has outperformed the rest of his kin and has grown to the somewhat GIGANTIC size of 1cm. how my son knows that Tasty is the last known survivor, I do not know (but he's a lil' genius so I do know not to argue).

the point is, adapting to yr environment (no matter how distasteful it may seem) is the key to outliving the dinosaurs.

how do humans need to adapt in order to survive?

I say we need rocket-feet, balloon-heads and a UV-resistant film of slime covering our bodies. thoughts?
Old 09.20.2007, 10:23 AM   #20
sonicl
invito al cielo

I think you're just being silly.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth