Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Post your technical questions here (if you want to)
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09.26.2008, 03:49 PM   #1
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Here's mine:

Those Verizon portable Internet keys you can get for like 50 bucks a month--anybody have one, and if so, can you tell me how good/reliable/fast they are?

After some cable outages here (they happen all too frequently), I'm wondering if I need this as a back-up. I don't travel a lot but when I do this would be very convenient.

If they are any good, is it smarter just to go with this and cancel the high-speed to my house?
Old 09.26.2008, 03:56 PM   #2
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
on my fam's desktop pc, i can't install the new printer/scanner/copier because "it can't find the print spooler"... i've tried the automatic button fix button and it doesn't help. i've tried command prompting it, and nothing

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2008, 03:59 PM   #3
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
what means of propulsion does floatingsoftly intend to employ to make his T-72 tank recently purchased from Somali pirates fly like Doc Brown's Delorean?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2008, 05:41 PM   #4
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Here's mine:

Those Verizon portable Internet keys you can get for like 50 bucks a month--anybody have one, and if so, can you tell me how good/reliable/fast they are?

After some cable outages here (they happen all too frequently), I'm wondering if I need this as a back-up. I don't travel a lot but when I do this would be very convenient.

If they are any good, is it smarter just to go with this and cancel the high-speed to my house?

I speak to Verizon nearly daily. In the UK, they are fucking useless. Genuinely inept company that have a bizarre market dominance. Based on my experience, I'd avoid anything to do with those workshy, useless fuckers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 09.26.2008, 05:43 PM   #5
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by davenotdead
on my fam's desktop pc, i can't install the new printer/scanner/copier because "it can't find the print spooler"... i've tried the automatic button fix button and it doesn't help. i've tried command prompting it, and nothing

Google the make of the printer and look for a 'troubleshooting' section. It sounds like a network/ computer interface problem that's impossible to solve without knowing more details, and as you're on a small network, I have no idea.

Quote:
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Old 09.26.2008, 05:43 PM   #6
Glice
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
what means of propulsion does floatingsoftly intend to employ to make his T-72 tank recently purchased from Somali pirates fly like Doc Brown's Delorean?

Some answer involving faint notions of social injustice.

Quote:
Old 09.26.2008, 07:16 PM   #7
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I speak to Verizon nearly daily. In the UK, they are fucking useless. Genuinely inept company that have a bizarre market dominance. Based on my experience, I'd avoid anything to do with those workshy, useless fuckers.

But aside from their mega-corporation assholed-ness, you don't know if these things really work or not?

Anybody else use these devices?
Old 09.26.2008, 11:22 PM   #8
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Here's mine:

I've used it. They work quite well, but you must go with a plan. The pay-as-you go charges are horrible. The speed is comparable to what you get from Wifi and the reliability is good as long as your cell-phone works. Basically, if you cell-phone works good at home/wherever, you'll be fine. If you have connection issue, it's not going to be worth it. I think the $50 is for 5GB usage.

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth