Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Silent Films
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05.26.2006, 06:32 AM   #21
terminal pharmacy
invito al cielo

terminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's assesterminal pharmacy kicks all y'all's asses
friends of mine did an excellent live score for metropolis at the last adelaide film festival

http://2005.adelaidefilmfestival.org...etropolis.html
terminal pharmacy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 05:45 PM   #22
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Battleship Potemkin.

and

Der Golem.

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 10:50 PM   #23
defcon4
little trouble girl

defcon4 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
I hereby nominate Chaplin's City Lights, the one with the blind girl. Made me a little bit weepy. Maybe the most romantic movie ever. Perfect.
defcon4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.26.2006, 11:10 PM   #24
Laila
the end of the ugly

Laila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's assesLaila kicks all y'all's asses
chaplin's the kid made me weepy. all of his films have odd endings. they aren't happy but they aren't sad. his movies always just all of a sudden end without warning. i usually find myself confused at the end of his movies. chaplin said he perfered his movies to all end with sad endings, but the studio made him stick somekind of happiness in the end because the audience always want's a happy ending. that explains why his endings are akward.

PM me please

Facebook- Laila Virani

Laila is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 12:13 AM   #25
defcon4
little trouble girl

defcon4 has a couple of kiss-ass net friends
the only other chaplin movie I've seen is Great Dictator, but that's for another thread (not silent!). So I can't comment on The Kid.
defcon4 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 12:27 AM   #26
Society_In_My_Hole
little trouble girl

Society_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the roughSociety_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the roughSociety_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the roughSociety_In_My_Hole is a jewel in the rough
I use to watch those on TCM. I think it would be really cool to go to an actual theatre and see one though.
Society_In_My_Hole is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.27.2006, 03:50 AM   #27
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Friedrich Wilhelm Murnau unfortunately died too young.
Apart from Nosferatu, he also directed Sunrise, which was acted beautifully, where image was composed with taste, a truly admirable film, with some special effects that amazed the friend I brought to the movie to see that gem.
More special effects (and some setting) in Faust. The film ain't a good one though in my opinion, he was too focused being smart with the possibilities of the camera. Which he would have exhausted if exhaustion could apply to a camera.

Georg Wilhelm Pabst's Lulu with Louise Brooks is really really fine too. For a young man, it's more than charming.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth