Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page christiane f.
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 08.16.2007, 12:12 AM   #41
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
2:03!
Old 08.16.2007, 12:15 AM   #42
SynthethicalY
invito al cielo

SynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's assesSynthethicalY kicks all y'all's asses
I once stayed up for something I downloaded, only to find out it was not compatible with my computer. There went four hours.
SynthethicalY is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 12:18 AM   #43
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
i don't really care because i would be up anyway.
Old 08.16.2007, 03:14 AM   #44
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
also, i have to say, what a strange time to be in berlin. weren't david bowie and iggy pop wandering around?
Oh, I realised this morning that you probably had never seen this movie...thought you just wanted to see it again.

Disclaimer: my "help" with links was not a pro-piracy statement, just a semi-serious reply to the "I can't find this movie anywhere" bit.

Furthermore, if you managed to/will see it, don't be shocked by the king_buzzo lookalike (Babette).
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 05:52 AM   #45
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i got lucky, it's subtitled in english!
so alright i'm off to watch this then i'm going to bed
see you all around 5 or 6 PM unless i go out for dinner then make it 8 or 9.
Old 08.16.2007, 06:05 AM   #46
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous

also, i have to say, what a strange time to be in berlin. weren't david bowie and iggy pop wandering around?

That's interesting, in that from the book I never got the impression that Christiane was massively into Bowie's music, more like she had the sort of superficial 'obsession-like' fascination with him that a heroin addict would have for anything or anyone that could justify their tenuous status as stars of some kind (and stars is the term that Christiane uses to describe herself and her heroin-riddled friends). On the same book she goes on about how Bowie's song Station To Station becomes more and more annoying to her when the heroin addiction turns her into a really desperate person because she can't figure out how to get rid of it. Trust me, get the book 'cause it's a good read.

ps: Station To Station becomes annoying to her because he sings ' It's too late.....' repetitively.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 06:54 AM   #47
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
The book is pretty good, didn't like the movie too much but it was ok.

Did you know that Christiana F. dated Alexander Hacke from einstürzende neubauten for quite a long time?
I think they even made a record or something.
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 06:57 AM   #48
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Thousand Threads
The book is pretty good, didn't like the movie too much but it was ok.

Did you know that Christiana F. dated Alexander Hacke from einstürzende neubauten for quite a long time?
I think they even made a record or something.

Excellent, I certainly didn't know that.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 07:04 AM   #49
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Last time I saw Christiane F. was in a german talk show, she seemed to be kind of destroyed but said everthing is fine for her. She has no job but a daughter, she enjoys being a fulltime mother, blablba, still needs medicine,...
Old 08.16.2007, 08:00 AM   #50
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:

Here they are:

They did some music together under the name "Sentimentale Jugend" and Hacke recorded some songs for her, including a single called "Wunderbar":

Ich klau dein Auto
und fahr zur Disko.
Ich bin so süchtig -
Dein Lenkrad zu spüren.
Ich bin so süchtig
Ich bin so süchtig
Ich bin so süchtig
Ich find's so wunderbar.

On the CD/DVD "Berlin Super 80", there is one track by Sentimentale Jugend (actually a collaboration with the other members of Einstürzende Neubauten, if the track I'm thinking of is the right one) and that song "Wunderbar"... That's the only things I have heard...
o o o is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 08:02 AM   #51
o o o
the destroyed room

o o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asseso o o kicks all y'all's asses
This is from the same period as "Wunderbar", so maybe Hacke had a hand in this:

I have not listened to it, anyway.
Old 08.16.2007, 08:03 AM   #52
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

Nice, thaks for the information.

Funny picture that is. (the one of Hacke and Christiane F.)
Old 08.16.2007, 08:12 AM   #53
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

i am not quite finished watching because i've been interrupted repeatedly
however i will say that it's a well done movie and realistic if nothing else.

that's interesting about her dating the guy from einsturzende neubauten. i like them.
Old 08.16.2007, 08:30 AM   #54
racehorse
100%

racehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's assesracehorse kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
This made me think, have you guys ever took pics "re-enacting" scenes from movies in places where movies were shot? Like, a friend of mine took a pic in paris in the cafè where amelie goes in the movie (not a great choice, but it was just to explain what I meant...)...I'd open a thread on this, but I can't even explain what I mean in a post, let alone writing an understandable thread title.
breathless on the champs elysses!
Old 08.16.2007, 08:34 AM   #55
o o o
the destroyed room

Quote:
Funny picture that is. (the one of Hacke and Christiane F.)

yes, i like hacke's nice big smile. they both look real happy.
Old 08.16.2007, 08:38 AM   #56
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by o o o
yes, i like hacke's nice big smile. they both look real happy.
Ha! It must be the heroin.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 08.16.2007, 08:55 AM   #57
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

That's her now

and here's another Sentimentale Jugend pic

Old 09.30.2007, 06:27 PM   #58
o o o
the destroyed room

Quote:
Originally Posted by o o o
a single called "Wunderbar"

there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9AVGKyE6sU

a karaoke version by someone who is obviously not a native german speaker or an english native speaker...

another version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtP-nDW1daw

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth