Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page whats the wierdest food youve ever eaten?
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 01.15.2007, 01:50 PM   #81
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploesj
i haven't really eaten any weird meats or foods, being a vegetarian..

i once ate soap though, i was five years old and had been watching snow white. then i decided it'd be fun to blow bubbles out of my mouth and ears like the dwarf did. bad idea.

I am planning on becoming a vegetarian. I feel bad for eating meat, but my parents said I'd have to buy my own food if I became vegetarian . Aww, soap tastes bad too! I ate rocks when I was 5, but I don't remember the experience too well
Old 01.16.2007, 02:45 AM   #82
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I am planning on becoming a vegetarian. I feel bad for eating meat,

why?? meat is awesome!!!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.16.2007, 03:55 AM   #83
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses
When I lived in South Africa, I ate Mopane Worms on a regular basis. Delicious!

Mopane Worm, Imbrasia belina, Order Lepidoptera

The mopane worm is a large edible caterpillar that forms the basis of a multi-Million Rand trade in the Limpopo Province, Mpumalanga, Botswana and Zimbabwe.

The mopane worm is a large caterpillar that feeds on the mopane tree, Colophospermum mopane. The adult stage is a large and attractive Emperor moth (Family Saturnidae). The worm is an important source of protein and income to many people. However, the trade is threatened by over-harvesting, and mopane worms are now rare or extinct in some areas where they were once common. In order to safeguard the next crop, it is vital to leave enough of the worms to complete the life cycle by forming moths and laying eggs, thus ensuring the future of the industry. One of the greatest problems is the shortsighted destruction of large mopane trees as a way of harvesting worms that are too high to reach. Mopani worms are being studied to try and find out more about the extent to which this resource can be harvested on a sustainable basis. Dr Rob Toms at the Transvaal Museum thinks that the key to sustainable utilization is education. A poster on the subject is being produced at the Transvaal Museum.

The mopane worm is one of southern Africa’s economically important insects, with great potential for quick development, but would however depend on sustainable utilization. If enough worms (e.g. 10%) are not left to produce eggs for the next season the mopane worm industry will continue to decline.

Mopane worm recipe

Caterpillars are prepared for eating by squeezing out the gut contents before they are fried in their own body fat or boiled in a little water. Most of the caterpillars are dried so that they can be stored for use throughout the year. Dried caterpillars may be eaten dry as a snack or rehydrated and cooked in a little water before they are fried in oil with onion and tomato. They may be served with pap (maize meal porridge), onion and tomato gravy and atchar (chili sauce).
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2007, 06:19 AM   #84
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
when i was a kid we used to go to the seaside a lot and i would always have peanut butter sandwiches. they would nearly always somehow get some sand in them no matter how many times they were rapped in plastic etc. one time they didnt have any sand in them so i rubbed them on the beach just so they would taste right.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2007, 06:46 AM   #85
Tokolosh
invito al cielo

Tokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's assesTokolosh kicks all y'all's asses

Emperor moth

If you think that's beautiful... look what they become if they don't land up in a frying pan.
Tokolosh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 01.17.2007, 06:48 AM   #86
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
not quite as apetizing though.

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 01.17.2007, 06:59 AM   #87
jon boy
invito al cielo

yeah butterflies and sand, a winning mixture (or worms).

V

_ \ / _
/ \

Old 01.17.2007, 09:08 AM   #88
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhuman
I am planning on becoming a vegetarian. I feel bad for eating meat, but my parents said I'd have to buy my own food if I became vegetarian . Aww, soap tastes bad too! I ate rocks when I was 5, but I don't remember the experience too well

oh that's bad.. i know some people in the same situation. tell them a vegetarian diet is healthier when you do it right, and that a normal person only needs around 200 grammes of meat in a week, and that you can easily replace this by nuts or soy. (that's what our doctor told us, i'm the only vegetarian at home and it's not really a problem: there are usually two dishes, or the meat is prepared separately.)

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2007, 08:48 AM   #89
sarramkrop

Vine Leaves are the most disgusting thing ever. The only time i ate some, they made me sick for two days.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2007, 10:16 AM   #90
ALIEN ANAL
invito al cielo

ALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's assesALIEN ANAL kicks all y'all's asses
when i was little i think i found half a cherry ripe out the front of the laundry mat....
Old 05.09.2007, 10:17 AM   #91
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
Roasted worm
Cocoa bean
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2007, 01:17 PM   #92
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
Pidgeon too; a friend a man had shot the bird; the thing wasn't apetizing at all, but once it landed on my plate it turned out delicious.

I had a stranger drink oncel. A seahorse had been inserted in a bottle of alcohol. We tried it, but there was no real taste given by the poor old chap. Or we should have been called the day my mate's friend opened up the bottle.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2007, 01:21 PM   #93
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
^Same, pidgeon soup though...

As a kid I used to make potions using powdered juice, ketchup, nuts, oregano and random stuff. I drank them... They were sick.
Old 05.09.2007, 01:38 PM   #94
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
i also ate jellyfish once too and found it to be quite similar to sea urchin.

WHAT?!

Jellyfish - chewy/crunchy. Not a bad flavor weird texture- every time I had it it was served with sesame oil.

Urchin - creamy, sweet, slimy consistency - I've been told it tastes similar to um... eh... There's this Japanese girl that won't eat it because its taste reminds her of cum.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
mangajunky is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 05.09.2007, 01:40 PM   #95
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

mangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's assesmangajunky kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by k-krack
I hate wasabi. overpowers everything.

Most of the "wasabi" served around the world is horseradish with green food coloring. Real wasabi is milder and more flavorful. ..and outrageously expensive.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
Old 05.09.2007, 01:44 PM   #96
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

I like wasabi on Sushi
Old 05.09.2007, 01:46 PM   #97
mangajunky
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Пятхъдесят Шест
This is a good old thread!

Do any of you watch Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations on the Travel Channel?

The scene where he is in Quebec eating a seal, raw, with the Inuit family horribly disgusting.

My favorite f'n show in the world!!

hmm - triple posting - don't hate me for it.

Don't let yer meat loaf.
Old 05.09.2007, 02:50 PM   #98
PAULYBEE2656
invito al cielo

PAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's assesPAULYBEE2656 kicks all y'all's asses
pidgeon is a gorgeous bird to eat, to feckin small tho. ok for a starter on a bed of rocket with vinegarette dressing topped with a drizzle of light, and not dark, soy sauce......

kudos on the bump!

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth