Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page having trouble sleeping
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03.01.2007, 10:05 PM   #21
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by king_buzzo
hmm heres the deal, i read i listen to music, i get sleepy and then ! i cant fall asleep. and after 5 or 10 minutes my stomach starts hurting ( not really hurting, the acid in my stomach is just too high so that just hurts me.) and then after like 30 minutes of lying there i finally fall asleep.

weird

fuckit man. sounds like acid reflux... disease, whatever.

you eat right before bed?-- then keep away from the chili dogs

anyway i sleep like a dog when i do but often i stay up all night doing stuff. it's enjoyable though. you get into a zone doing something & then it's morning. then you make some fresh coffee oh so yummy. but lately i've been enjoying the pleasant buzz of tea-- has to be lots of tea-- it's better than coffee because you're hard but you're calm. what i mean is-- a more solid buzz, with no jitters, and no after-crash.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2007, 10:10 PM   #22
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
anyway i sleep like a dog when i do but often i stay up all night doing stuff. it's enjoyable though. you get into a zone doing something & then it's morning. then you make some fresh coffee oh so yummy.
you have pretty much summed up my entire life.
Old 03.01.2007, 10:15 PM   #23
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
you have pretty much summed up my entire life.

i hope you find a way to be self-employed for the rest of your life (or independently wealthy, ha ha). with my weird sleep habits, i was always miserable having to show up at regular times in any kind of job situation.
Old 03.01.2007, 10:23 PM   #24
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Cantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's assesCantankerous kicks all y'all's asses
fortunately working in a record store has been pretty lax as far as showing up on time goes and looking presentable and whatnot. i'm not entirely sure what i'm gonna do after i move. stripping is good money and i would be entirely comfortable doing it and the hours are flexible enough and whatnot, the problem with that is you have to do your hair makeup etc and some days you just don't feel like it. most days i just don't feel like it. my hair isn't long enough.
Old 03.01.2007, 10:36 PM   #25
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous
fortunately working in a record store has been pretty lax as far as showing up on time goes and looking presentable and whatnot. i'm not entirely sure what i'm gonna do after i move. stripping is good money and i would be entirely comfortable doing it and the hours are flexible enough and whatnot, the problem with that is you have to do your hair makeup etc and some days you just don't feel like it. most days i just don't feel like it. my hair isn't long enough.

nooo! not another board stripper! way back in the day, little things of venom (that was her name) did just that, and eventually ended up in some kind of bad scene, if i recall well & interpreted the signs correctly (she pretty much disappeared from the board after that though popped up a couple of times). not really a good career move, i think.

these days i make websites & write, mostly, and what i like about it is that it 's perfect for my irregular life patterns. i can stay up for 2 days solving a design problem or writing copy when the mood strikes, then watch movies all day the following day. i get to work in my pajamas, except when i have a meeting, then i shave, etc. i don't need to commute (just sold the 2nd car), and i bike around to do my errands, which compensates for sitting on my ass for work. what i mean with all this shit is that i love what i do these days.

now this probably doesn't necessarily match your temperament, but i'm just saying that there are other choices that don't involve... eh, don't let me get preachy... i'm not morally opposed to the sex trade, but the results are often worse than originally planned.
Old 03.01.2007, 10:37 PM   #26
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
I've hardly slept in a week. I feel like I've forgotten how. My doctor won't prescribe me any more knock-out pills (zopiclone) because she says they're addictive. Make your mouth taste like shit the next day anyway.

I'm going to try Nytol plus year-old diazepam. See if that works.

It is now 3:29am.
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2007, 10:44 PM   #27
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy
I've hardly slept in a week. I feel like I've forgotten how. My doctor won't prescribe me any more knock-out pills (zopiclone) because she says they're addictive. Make your mouth taste like shit the next day anyway.

I'm going to try Nytol plus year-old diazepam. See if that works.

It is now 3:29am.

god damn i feel like an advice columnist all of the sudden, but do you exercise at all? a good workout followed by a couple of nice hoppy beers might kill a few neurons, but it will knock you out like a baby. getting it on good is even better.
Old 03.01.2007, 10:45 PM   #28
Cantankerous
invito al cielo

Quote:
nooo! not another board stripper! way back in the day, little things of venom (that was her name) did just that, and eventually ended up in some kind of bad scene, if i recall well & interpreted the signs correctly (she pretty much disappeared from the board after that though popped up a couple of times). not really a good career move, i think.

these days i make websites & write, mostly, and what i like about it is that it 's perfect for my irregular life patterns. i can stay up for 2 days solving a design problem or writing copy when the mood strikes, then watch movies all day the following day. i get to work in my pajamas, except when i have a meeting, then i shave, etc. i don't need to commute (just sold the 2nd car), and i bike around to do my errands, which compensates for sitting on my ass for work. what i mean with all this shit is that i love what i do these days.

now this probably doesn't necessarily match your temperament, but i'm just saying that there are other choices that don't involve... eh, don't let me get preachy... i'm not morally opposed to the sex trade, but the results are often worse than originally planned.

eh. we'll see. the thing is with sitting around all the time i get bored shitless and i really need a change of pace. i feel like The Dude right now.
Old 03.01.2007, 10:53 PM   #29
EMMAh
invito al cielo

EMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's assesEMMAh kicks all y'all's asses
On an average night I get 4 or 5 hours sleep. I mean I could go to bed earlier, but what fun would that be?

EMMAh is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.01.2007, 11:32 PM   #30
Katy
the destroyed room

Katy kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's assesKaty kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
god damn i feel like an advice columnist all of the sudden, but do you exercise at all? a good workout followed by a couple of nice hoppy beers might kill a few neurons, but it will knock you out like a baby. getting it on good is even better.

I've been to the gym five times in the past week. I walked probably five miles this afternoon carrying a heavy backpack. I exercise.

I don't drink anymore, so beer's out.

I SHOULD be tired. I AM tired. I don't know. I just can't sleep. This whole week, every night, I've just been laying in bed, all night, hour after hour, staring in the dark, turning one side, turning the other. I was talking to a psychotherapist about this earlier today. He was trying to get me to think about WHY I'm not sleeping. Is something specific bothering me? Yes, I say, I'M NOT GETTING ANY SLEEP.

*sigh*.. maybe sex is the solution. (Fuck knows i've given up everything else that I like lately... i should get some kind of reward.)
Katy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 01:31 AM   #31
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katy
I've been to the gym five times in the past week. I walked probably five miles this afternoon carrying a heavy backpack. I exercise.

I don't drink anymore, so beer's out.

I SHOULD be tired. I AM tired. I don't know. I just can't sleep. This whole week, every night, I've just been laying in bed, all night, hour after hour, staring in the dark, turning one side, turning the other. I was talking to a psychotherapist about this earlier today. He was trying to get me to think about WHY I'm not sleeping. Is something specific bothering me? Yes, I say, I'M NOT GETTING ANY SLEEP.

*sigh*.. maybe sex is the solution. (Fuck knows i've given up everything else that I like lately... i should get some kind of reward.)

oh. shit. you DO exercise. i was thinking of the whole endorphine kick rather than mere fatigue. if that doesn't work it seems that a) you might have a major case of anxiety, or b) you live in a train station.

i nap, on occasion, to make up for short or sleepless nights.

now i know that men are supposed to fall asleep after sex, but it the opposite often happens to me-- after the big relax, i get ideas, and then, it's up all night again.

(but it's not a tiresome or annoying insomnia, just good fun).

anyway... sounds like you have a real problem-- best wishes!
Old 03.02.2007, 01:02 PM   #32
ploesj
invito al cielo

ploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's assesploesj kicks all y'all's asses
the doctor once described my condition as 'your biorythm doesn't match society's'. i fall asleep around one am and sleep till six am, then wake up for half an hour and sleep again till nine. too bad i usually have to get up at half past six, the moment im falling asleep again.

flickr

ploesj is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 01:03 PM   #33
jon boy
invito al cielo

jon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's assesjon boy kicks all y'all's asses
i have real trouble sleeping on sunday nights if i have been out on a weekend. althoug i am really sleepy i just cant get into rem sleep until very late.

|@ <------- Euphoric brain cell just moments before expiration
V

_ \ / _
PING <-------- moments later
/ \

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljhxq...isruo1_500.gif

jon boy is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 03.02.2007, 01:09 PM   #34
king_buzzo
invito al cielo

king_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's assesking_buzzo kicks all y'all's asses
damn this thread goes on for long
king_buzzo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth