Go Back   Sonic Youth Gossip > Non-Sonics
Reload this Page Now that Jesus is dead.....
Register FAQ Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04.09.2007, 07:45 AM   #21
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by swa(y)
that "faith" stuff. ya gotta have it ya know? only then will he reveal himself to you.

I know. Would that argument hold up in any other area of life?
For society to work we must have reason. We must prove things beyond reasonable doubt. Take every case and examine it on its own merits. Reason is the most important part of democracy. Its why im opposed to religion being incorporated into goverement (to any large extent anyway). Everybody religious views differ, however we all have reason.
Old 04.09.2007, 07:51 AM   #22
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Yes, but to be fair there are an amlost equal number of smug, arrogant atheists who will claim for a fact that God doesn't exist. Like Richard Dawkins who is an utter cunt who gives non-religious people a bad name.

I see your point. However Richard Dawkins makes several good points. His arguments about religious faith being the only way society can be moral make a lot of sence. I too beleve that morality is social. We don't Kill, Rape, Steal or do many other things simply because it would make society unbearable for us to live in. We would not want to live in such a worldd. Its a kind of social evolution.
Old 04.09.2007, 08:11 AM   #23
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Quote:
i know there are indeed christians who do "think", but for the most part they dismiss factual evidence, i mean, evolution is a fact. we're still evolving, more and more people are being born without the worries of ever having to have wisdom teeth. our fingers are becoming less and less webeed, etc etc etc etc. this sint to say thats how god made things...if there was a god, it makes since he would create us in such a way to where wed be able to adapt to our environment...as it and our needs for survival change. we once needed wisdom teeth...they arent so important anymore ya know.

theyll (christians) will often also argue that people need to give god a chance....conviced that if we pray and read the bible we'll become "saved". fair enough...if someone is going to talk against something they should have an understanding of it...reading the bible isnt such a bad idea...

however....many of these same people fail at their own advice. so many of them make darwin out to be this idiot "oh that guy that said we came from monkeys" HAHAHA...i HATE THAT SHIT. he never said that...what he actually said was that "man and ape came from the same source"...which is obvious. if theyed take the time to understand this fact they could use this to their advantage in debate...i mean...maybe that "source" is god? maybe not.....

Couldn't agree more!
The grip that unproved belief has on society is still incredable to me. When I went to school (primary or elementary school to you americans) they made us pray and told us the christian god was real. I must admit i'm still a little bitter over this. Its unfair to tell children that a relgious belief is fact. You dont ask children to decide their political orientation before they have the cognitive ability to do so. The same should stand for children's views on the very nature of the world and the universe.

I do think religion should be tought however. If one likes it or not religion is a part of our world and needs to understood. Its important for schools to teach this in a purely academic sense however. Give every religion as much equal time as the next and inform on what certain people in society believe. This is where it should end. I do not believe that creationism or intelligent design should be tought in a science classroom. Why? because it is not a scientic theory. By definition science needs to be tested and proved otherwise its pure faith and as such should be remain in the religious education classroom.
Old 04.09.2007, 08:22 AM   #24
sarramkrop

Quote:
i know there are indeed christians who do "think", but for the most part they dismiss factual evidence, i mean, evolution is a fact. we're still evolving, more and more people are being born without the worries of ever having to have wisdom teeth. our fingers are becoming less and less webeed, etc etc etc etc. this sint to say thats how god made things...if there was a god, it makes since he would create us in such a way to where wed be able to adapt to our environment...as it and our needs for survival change. we once needed wisdom teeth...they arent so important anymore ya know.

theyll (christians) will often also argue that people need to give god a chance....conviced that if we pray and read the bible we'll become "saved". fair enough...if someone is going to talk against something they should have an understanding of it...reading the bible isnt such a bad idea...

however....many of these same people fail at their own advice. so many of them make darwin out to be this idiot "oh that guy that said we came from monkeys" HAHAHA...i HATE THAT SHIT. he never said that...what he actually said was that "man and ape came from the same source"...which is obvious. if theyed take the time to understand this fact they could use this to their advantage in debate...i mean...maybe that "source" is god? maybe not.....
I agree with MOST of that and it's one of the most interesting posts i've read from you. I'm sorry, but the polemical thing is only interesting to me for about three minutes, and that's about it. Most 'intellectuals' should be shot on the spot.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2007, 08:28 AM   #25
Alex's Trip
invito al cielo

Alex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's assesAlex's Trip kicks all y'all's asses
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uH79PLSSn1w
Alex's Trip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2007, 08:38 AM   #26
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
Jesus is dead? I think this guy has something to say about that:

"No-one fucks with the Jesus!"
"Five-year old boys do..."
Old 04.09.2007, 08:44 AM   #27
sarramkrop

Am i the only one that feels more saddened, bored and plain aggressive about his death than most people? I mean, even FatherfuckingChristmas doesn't get the diva-like calendar mentions as much as he does. And Satan is boring too. Not mischevious enough for being evil.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2007, 08:46 AM   #28
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

MellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's assesMellySingsDoom kicks all y'all's asses
"Fahter, father, why have you forsaken me?"
"Because, I'm God, dumbass. Jeez, enough with the moaning already!"
Old 04.09.2007, 08:49 AM   #29
sarramkrop

Exactly. If i ever hear a mention of religion in my whole life, i swear i might finish someone off. And my lovely mum is a devoted catholic who, at one point, thought of becoming a nun.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2007, 08:49 AM   #30
floatingslowly
invito al cielo

floatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's assesfloatingslowly kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
Yeah but he let people kiss his feet.

combined with dirty roads and filthy sandals.....YUCK.

I wonder how many people had to carry mouthwash in case they had a run-in with Jeezus.

personally, I'm not sure I could EVER get the taste out.
floatingslowly is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2007, 10:43 AM   #31
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
You guys are perverted.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2007, 10:44 AM   #32
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MellySingsDoom
Jesus is dead? I think this guy has something to say about that:

"No one fucks with the Jesus!"
"Eight year olds, Dude."

fixed.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2007, 10:49 AM   #33
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses

loljesus.com is the best website ever.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|
Old 04.09.2007, 11:00 AM   #34
MellySingsDoom
invito al cielo

StevOK - Ta for the correction. I'm thinkinhg a pos rep is in order.
Old 04.09.2007, 11:42 AM   #35
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarramkrop
If anyone watched the movie by Mel 'I'm such a bigoted anti- semitic CUNT' Gibson, did you not enjoy the endless torture he was put through?

I watched most of it last night and felt incredibly depressed. Didnt catch the ending though.

Nah that thing is just a total S&M fest, its a fucking snuff film. Its the whole fact that when i was in school and we did the last few hours of Christ's life we spent our time learning about the Last Supper and the Garden of Gethsemene etc. The graphic nature of the torture scenes was just gratuitous and really disturbing, and i dont remember much apart from a breif mention of him being flogged. It shocked me more than anything ive seen in a long time.
the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|

All content ©2006 Sonic Youth